dcsimg

BTP Review: Bosch Porcelain Tile Diamond Saw Blade DB1066 For Cutting Porcelain Tile

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Masterbosch 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

The Bosch Rapido Continuous Rim Diamond Saw Blade for Porcelain Tile Cutting Review

The Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade in package.Bosch makes a porcelain tile diamond saw blade that I had the opportunity to use, test, and review.  The Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade DB1066 comes in a variety of sizes including a 10″, 8″ and a 7 inch diameter.  As I have a lot of experience with cutting tiles, specifically porcelain, on a pretty regular basis I was chosen from among other tile contractors to perform this test of Bosch’s porcelain tile blade.  The tool testers club is a unique opportunity to get some free tools and accessories from Bosch – I highly recommend that is you are a Pro you sign up.  I received my complimentary blade rather quickly from BTP Testers Club and used it as soon as I could. I also received a glass tile diamond blade, you can read my review of it here.

My history with a porcelain tile diamond saw blade

I have been installing ceramic, glass, porcelain and all types of tile for over fifteen years and have been in business for myself for a little over ten years. I have used my fair share of porcelain tile diamond blades and have no reservations on spending a little more on the best blades or tools to achieve giving my clients the best finished product.

Now, when I first purchased my DeWALT 2400 wet tile saw I knew the blade that came with the saw was nothing to write home about.  I keep it for a backup if all my other backups fail, as I have at least ten tile cutting blades, three of them new in my tool trailer.

Initial set up of the porcelain tile diamond saw blade

The Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade installed on my 10" wet tile saw.After prep work on a new job I was working on, I was able to install the porcelain tile diamond saw blade onto my DeWALT 2400 10” wet tile saw with your typical 5/8” arbor. I usually use tile cutting blades from known blade companies that specialize in tile cutting, so I honestly was not expecting a lot from this porcelain tile diamond saw blade from a tool manufacturer such as Bosch.

First up, was a dense porcelain tile from DalTile. I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the cut as theBosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade sliver cut. blade ripped through the tile leaving no chips and no warpage or wobble from excessive heat caused by friction. I usually don’t push my saw that hard but I was testing this blade after all!

I tried a sliver cut to see if the blade would break the tile before the end of the cut.  I am happy to report that the Bosch tile saw blade performed as advertised. The cut was smooth and no vibration or wobble meant that it made the cut very cleanly.

OK, so how about this porcelain tile diamond saw blade on a miter cut?

Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade DB1066 performing a perfect miter cut on porcelain tile.Lastly, I had to miter tile to wrap a corner, now in many cases a continuous rim porcelain tile diamond saw blade will bend as the tile is “pushing” it down. That was not the case with this porcelain tile cutting blade.  I was surprised because this blade was not a thick bodied blade so I was fully expecting it to push. I could not however, cut all the way through as the tile was hitting the arm of the wet saw.  Not the bldes fault, just a limitation of my DeWALT tile saw.

I also cut a 2”x 2” marble tile, a 12”x 24” thick porcelain tile, a 3×6 ceramic subway tile, and 1-1/4” thick black granite tile  which the blade handled with ease and no chipping whatsoever.

The Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade DB1066 cutting through marble tile.     The Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade DB1066 cutting through subway tile.

Final review of the Bosch DB1066 porcelain tile diamond saw blade

So in final review of the Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade model DB1066 I was highly satisfied with the quality of the cuts with no chipping on various types of tiles, including porcelain tile. I did not get to test the longevity of the blade but it has quite a thick ring of diamond cutting surface so it will stay on my saw for the duration of the blade life. I will definitely purchase this blade to use on a regular basis as I am confident the blade will last for many cuts.

Here are a few videos from my testing.

VIDEO: The Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade DB1066 cutting porcelain tiles.

The Bosch Bosch porcelain tile diamond saw blade DB1066 cutting granite tiles.

Don’t buy a cheap blade as it costs you having to buy more tiles and of course the final product will probably have a lot of additional work to make up for uneven and chipped edges.  Spend a little more and you’ll get Professional results.

Check out the Bosch DB1066 here.

– Todd Mason owner of Mason Tile and Marble

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for the excellent review and taking the time to post it. Congrats on being selected to test a product.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I will definitely purchase this blade to use on a regular basis as I am confident the blade will last for many cuts.

Excellent review, Todd. It will be interesting to see how long this blade lasts.

How does the Bosch blade compare in price to some of the specialty blades?

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

Thanks for the review. I will definitely keep this in mind next time I have some tiling to do

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

BOSCH DB1066
    I had an opportunity to use, test, and review the Bosch DB1066 Premium Diamond Blade for Porcelain Tile. I received the blade rather quickly from BTP Testers Club and used it as soon as I could. I have been installing tile for over fifteen years and have been in business for myself for a little over ten years. I have used my fair share of tile diamond blades and have no reserve on having the best blades or tools to achieve giving my clients the best finished product.

ThanX for the review @masontile,
    I’d be curious also, as to how long this blade will last compared to some of the other higher end ones you use.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Great review thanks for sharing with us

Much appreciated for your excellent review of the blade.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Great review! How did the blade perform in regards to gumming up? One of the bigger issues I have seen with porcelain tile is the blade gumming up fairly quickly and needing some attention with the dressing stone.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

I have the new db1066 (blueone) my wetsaw came with the again db1066 (green one). For some reason i am not getting the same performance with thenew blade. I don’t know why yet. Couldn’t figure it out. Maybe it’s too new. Sometimes diamond blades gets better with use. Like Chad sad maybe one of theporcelain tile I cut hummed up the blade. What I know from dry cut blades when u first cut doesn’t cut that good. But when you cut a metal even grinding it for little bit helps the blade cut better. I hope my blade will get better with time

Thanks guys! I haven’t used the blade enough for the diamonds to glaze over. Harder, more dense porcelain tiles will do this to any blade in time. You need to keep a dressing stone to liven up the daimonds after glazing over. Cut the dressing stone without water, if your in a bind use a piece of block or a concrete paving stone.

Clev08
    Pro

Thanks guys! I haven’t used the blade enough for the diamonds to glaze over. Harder, more dense porcelain tiles will do this to any blade in time. You need to keep a dressing stone to liven up the daimonds after glazing over. Cut the dressing stone without water, if your in a bind use a piece of block or a concrete paving stone.

I have used a piece of block before and it helps, but I found myself having to use it often. I was cutting a ridiculous amount of tile though, so that was probably why. Great review, I will give this blade a shot when my Ridgid one gives out.

Thanks for taking your time for this review . Have you tired cutting glass and metal
    tile . I seem to have a hard time finding that right blade for it . Wonder how this one could do on it .

Always willing to learn .

Db1066 cuts really clean. I even cut marble with it almost no chip. Even though marble is very soft natural stone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.591 seconds