dcsimg

Bosch now a part of VW car scandal..

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This news just in for Canadian VW owners – compensation of $5100-$8000 CDN and a buy back option on their car/SUV

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/vw-canada-settles-with-drivers-over-diesel-emissions-scandal/article33361734/

Same in the US a buy back. I gotta figure some wners will hold on to them but spare parts will be non-existent as nobody will make them. Also this fiasco marks the beginning of the end for the diesel. Even in Europe which is way more diesel friendly than the US is backing away from them in light of this scandal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This news just in for Canadian VW owners – compensation of $5100-$8000 CDN and a buy back option on their car/SUV

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/vw-canada-settles-with-drivers-over-diesel-emissions-scandal/article33361734/

Same in the US a buy back. I gotta figure some wners will hold on to them but spare parts will be non-existent as nobody will make them. Also this fiasco marks the beginning of the end for the diesel. Even in Europe which is way more diesel friendly than the US is backing away from them in light of this scandal.

even if they want to hold on to it, they can’t resell it afterwards so whats the point. Might as well do the buy back and get another vehicle.

I have one of the dirty 3.0 models. Even with the court orders to get this done, I have not been to determine what my offer will be. I get 29 mpg on the highway and am afraid the performance will change a lot with the fix. Aggravating to say the least.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have one of the dirty 3.0 models. Even with the court orders to get this done, I have not been to determine what my offer will be. I get 29 mpg on the highway and am afraid the performance will change a lot with the fix. Aggravating to say the least.

would you hesitate to get another VW when you get your payback and buyback?

would you hesitate to get another VW when you get your payback and buyback?

Perhaps somewhat but the vehicle has really been great. Nothing about it that has made me unhappy besides the emissions issue. I would think they are now walking on eggshells and want all their vehicles to be perfect so I will probably move forward with a new one with a gasoline engine.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah if they “fix” it performance and mileage will go down. I am sure you are happy with it the way it is. Take the buy back. Parts on this model both from the manufacturer and the aftermarket will be non-existent as everyone wants these off the road as fast as possible. It has zero resale value and once it has a major problem there will be no parts to fix it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yeah if they “fix” it performance and mileage will go down. I am sure you are happy with it the way it is. Take the buy back. Parts on this model both from the manufacturer and the aftermarket will be non-existent as everyone wants these off the road as fast as possible. It has zero resale value and once it has a major problem there will be no parts to fix it.

well they can go to the junk yards to get most of the parts to replace it but yah eventually there will be no support for them. I’d take the buy back for sure, then its time to buy an electric car with the government rebate.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

then its time to buy an electric car with the government rebate.

What do you do when your battery goes dead????

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You charge it

You charge it

Okay, even with a rebate of ten thousand dollars, how much are these so called battery cars, doesn’t the Tesla cost over a hundred thousands?
    Excuse my ignorance, and also what is the warranty on these battery cars like.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You charge it

Okay, even with a rebate of ten thousand dollars, how much are these so called battery cars, doesn’t the Tesla cost over a hundred thousands?
    Excuse my ignorance, and also what is the warranty on these battery cars like.

not sure what the warranty is like but tesla seems to be doing okay. The new tesla that is coming out is going to be 35k

nissan leaf is around the same price and with the 12k rebate it really brings the cost down.

The battery itself

” In 2013, Plug In America did a study of Tesla Roadster battery longevity.

Using data from 126 Roadsters driven a total 3.2 million miles, the study concluded that the typical Roadster would still have 80-85 percent battery capacity after 100,000 miles.”

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You charge it

And when it will no longer charge??? The electric car being better is a farce. The power is produced some where. The combustion engine is very efficient. Each time the power is move moved and stored some is lost. The only way they are better if the power is coming from a clean renewable source, solar, wind, hydro ect.

not sure what the warranty is like but tesla seems to be doing okay.

Isn’t Tesla the company that was given a billion dollar grant of the American peoples money and has shown no profit in over 10 years??? Is Tesla making money yet???

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like Bosch got pulled in a bit further, ouch

Under its settlement, Bosch will pay $163.3 million to address 2.0 liter VW vehicle claims, with most owners getting $350 each, while 3.0 liter owners will split $113.3 million. Most 3.0 liter owners will receive $1,500 from Bosch.

Bosch said in a statement it didn’t admit wrongdoing or accept liability but had decided to settle so it could focus on an extensive “transformation process” the company has embarked on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I posted this on another VW tread earlier today.

The latest on Bosch and their involvement with VW:

From Bloomberg news today:

In a separate U.S. settlement on Tuesday, German parts supplier Robert Bosch GmbH, which provided the engine-control software to Volkswagen, agreed to pay $327.5 million over allegations that it played a role in developing the cheating technology.

All I can say is ouch. Interesting even more is despite the diesel issues for VW, they became the world’s largest auto/truck maker last year.

I have not seen the info you stated above Bill. I own a 3.0L diesel engine that is affected and we have been pretty much kept in the dark other than these news releases. Interesting that Bosch is making a payment also to owners.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looks like Bosch got pulled in a bit further, ouch

Under its settlement, Bosch will pay $163.3 million to address 2.0 liter VW vehicle claims, with most owners getting $350 each, while 3.0 liter owners will split $113.3 million. Most 3.0 liter owners will receive $1,500 from Bosch.

Bosch said in a statement it didn’t admit wrongdoing or accept liability but had decided to settle so it could focus on an extensive “transformation process” the company has embarked on.

i think that is the thing with lawsuits, if you don’t settle it just gets dragged out and longer and could become a pain, if its not settled quick than pr makes the rest of the company look bad.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like every day Bosch is getting deeper and deeper into the diesel scandal. In addition to VW now Bosch diesel controllers for FCA (Ram) and GM have been found to have defeat software built in. The common thread throughout all of the diesels that have had defeat strategies built in has been Bosch’s Electronic Diesel Control Unit 17. In each case Bosch worked with the OEM to code the controller.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.356 seconds