dcsimg

Bosch now a part of VW car scandal..

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Author

Hopefully it’ll put a stop to the high diesel price too with the lower demand, if I recall it used to be 20 cents cheaper than gas years ago, now it’s almost always more.

If demand does decrease, it will likely take a while. People who own VW diesel vehicles are not just going to stop driving them all at the same time. It would be a very gradual shift out of the market over 5-10 year time period.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The reason why diesel is priced higher than gas is demand nothing more. The US has very little diesel refining capacity. The majority of diesel used in the US is refined elsewhere and imported. Worldwide the diesel demand is higher than the gas demand.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The reason why diesel is priced higher than gas is demand nothing more. The US has very little diesel refining capacity. The majority of diesel used in the US is refined elsewhere and imported. Worldwide the diesel demand is higher than the gas demand.

Oh I had no idea?? I thought diesel was a stage of refinement that was less the gasoline.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh I had no idea?? I thought diesel was a stage of refinement that was less the gasoline.

You are correct Dirty in that diesel fuel comes with less cracking than is needed for gasoline but the majority of US refining capacity is focused on gasoline so the capacity for diesel is not able to meet demand. To meet demand the US needs to import already refined diesel and due to worldwide demand that price is up. The rest of the world uses a lot more diesel than the US and worldwide capacity cannot keep up with demand.

At one time very early in 20th century gasoline was a by-product of kerosene refining. There was no real use for it so it was “thrown away” Then they discovered that gasoline was a very good dry clean product so it was used to dry clean clothes. As such it was sold in drug stores in gallon jugs. Early motorists would buy their gasoline at drug stores.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Reminds me of my Dad every time I see diesel higher than gas. I had an ’84 gas Nissan truck that was a terrific vehicle, liked it so much he bought one a year later. But went for diesel cause fuel was about 5-15% less than gasoline.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like Bosch has started an internal investigation as to whether or not they helped VW skirt the emission regs. Supposedly Bosch made the parts that contained the flawed code.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looks like Bosch has started an internal investigation as to whether or not they helped VW skirt the emission regs. Supposedly Bosch made the parts that contained the flawed code.

However it wasn’t bosch that installed the code was it? nor was it bosch that installed it. a company asking you to make something, you can’t be blamed for what the company does with it. It’s like someone stabbing something else with the knife and you go and blame henckel for it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

However it wasn’t bosch that installed the code was it? nor was it bosch that installed it. a company asking you to make something, you can’t be blamed for what the company does with it. It’s like someone stabbing something else with the knife and you go and blame henckel for it.

IDK, our government is trying to do similar with our guns. But we wont go there.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i just hope they get it all straightened out. Right now Bosch is refusing to turn over the code used in the emission controls to the EPA or the EU citing proprietary information concerns.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i just hope they get it all straightened out. Right now Bosch is refusing to turn over the code used in the emission controls to the EPA or the EU citing proprietary information concerns.

I dont blame them

Especially because they admit they supplied the code, but for testing purposes, with a big written disclaimer not to use it in public operations

They admit the code does allow VW to cheat. Why risk someone leaking it to a competitor. I hate to say it, but there have been enough politicians in NA and in EU in corruption scandals, that I would believe they would hand over the info for a suitcase of cash and a couple of girls

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

IDK, our government is trying to do similar with our guns. But we wont go there.

I agree with you, it’s just ludicrous that it happens that way but unfortunately it is the negative publicity

I can’t believe Bosch is getting dragged into this. VW is not going down without trying to bring everyone else with them

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I can’t believe Bosch is getting dragged into this. VW is not going down without trying to bring everyone else with them

they will get sued, no doubt about it. however if more companies fall down with them, it means they can share a portion of the monetary compensation and VW wouldn’t have to foot the bill on their own i bet.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yep the classic lawyer approach, throw shit at the fan and see how many gets splashed lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

VW is not dragging down Bosch. The EU and the EPA are investigating and since Bosch supplied the parts that had the funky code that allowed the vehicle to shirt the regs naturally they want to know who developed and supplied the code. Since it is the code that was the culprit.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

The wolfs have smelled the blood and are going for the neck.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The attorneys will go after everyone they can.. the more the better.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Bad Month for Bosch between this and the Sawstop ruling

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161201005646/en/Hagens-Berman-Consumers-Sue-Fiat-Chrysler-Bosch

kinda crazy as the person who is suing won’t get that much money, if anything the lawyers will get most of it.

Kamster
    Pro

This news just in for Canadian VW owners – compensation of $5100-$8000 CDN and a buy back option on their car/SUV

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/vw-canada-settles-with-drivers-over-diesel-emissions-scandal/article33361734/

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.615 seconds