dcsimg

Bosch now a part of VW car scandal..

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was on the Siesta key that’s up north near Sarasota. Good times that’s for sure! No surf but fun times

Oh we used to go and camp on Sanibel island with the girls.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

All I know is VW will have a hard road back especially in the US.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I wonder if this will translate into deals on VW cars, could use a new one at the moment.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wonder if this will translate into deals on VW cars, could use a new one at the moment.

I think it has already. I know VW’s sales are down 24% worldwide and 15% in the US for the year.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think it has already. I know VW’s sales are down 24% worldwide and 15% in the US for the year.

Thats huge. Way to much to be comfortable with.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

can they even sell their “clean diesel” cars here any more. I know they still dont have a fix for US cars

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Lol what sucks is that people with that vehicle can’t even legally sell it to anyone, so they can use it but it is basically a giant paper weight, and if they want a new car, they can’t trade it in

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

All I know is VW will have a hard road back especially in the US.

Think even here in Canada they will have a hard time convincing the public that their cars are OK, once the fix is in.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lol what sucks is that people with that vehicle can’t even legally sell it to anyone, so they can use it but it is basically a giant paper weight, and if they want a new car, they can’t trade it in

That may be in Canada but I think they can still trade or sell in the US.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

One of my neighbors has a shiny new Passat TDI. I don’t have the heart to ask him what they’ve said to him. My BIL had literally ordered a TDI the weekend the story broke.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

One of my neighbors has a shiny new Passat TDI. I don’t have the heart to ask him what they’ve said to him. My BIL had literally ordered a TDI the weekend the story broke.

Me I wouldn’t care what kind of emissions it put out as long as it got good mileage and had good power. I mean I wonder how many of the people that are complaining about VW are driving around with their Check Engine light on?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Me I wouldn’t care what kind of emissions it put out as long as it got good mileage and had good power. I mean I wonder how many of the people that are complaining about VW are driving around with their Check Engine light on?

Well said, many folks don’t take care of their own vehicles. My truck is maintained regularly, but since it is 1985 it probably sucks compared to many new cars.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

The issue is that something that they bought for $25 grand is worth substantially less than it should be.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’m surprised it’s down more worldwide than US, consider while it breaks US emission limits, it’s still within many other countries’s rule.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

The issue is that something that they bought for $25 grand is worth substantially less than it should be.

I did hear that there will be compensation for loss of resale value. That being said I doubt it will cover the actual loss in value if people are unwilling to buy them.

I just bought a new car this year “no not vw” and while i would like the resale value to be there. I know that the high miles i put on m,y vehicles it will hold no real value. This is why i keep my cars until it is no longer feasible to do so. So many in america trade in vehicles often to maintain a new car. For me thats throwing away good money after bad but for those that dont mind the debt who am i to care.

I care about resale, but I put too many kms (miles) to do anything but keep my vehicles for years, so I think my average for the last 15 years or so has been at least 200K KMS per vehicle. Paradoxically I like reliability so I maintain them well and sell when I cannot trust them any longer.

W

Will

monman1
    Pro

My truck is maintained regularly, but since it is 1985 it probably sucks compared to many new cars.

I would say your truck gets better gas mileage then alot of newer trucks.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

I care about resale, but I put too many kms (miles) to do anything but keep my vehicles for years, so I think my average for the last 15 years or so has been at least 200K KMS per vehicle. Paradoxically I like reliability so I maintain them well and sell when I cannot trust them any longer.

I bought a new vehicle recently too and care about resale value, I never thought I would buy a brand new vehicle, because of the hit you take just driving it off the lot. But I plan to drive it for many years so as long as it ends up being reliable for those years.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol in Canada that is worth zero. However the issue also is that they were lied to. If they were lied to for this one thing, what else were they lying about? what else do they have to worry about in their vehicle, its a loss of trust in the company as well.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Hopefully it’ll put a stop to the high diesel price too with the lower demand, if I recall it used to be 20 cents cheaper than gas years ago, now it’s almost always more.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.554 seconds