dcsimg

Bosch now a part of VW car scandal..

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

^^^^Bingo. That’s how lawsuits work. You name everyone you can so you have the greatest chance of making something stick. It’s the primary reason I carried additional insurances in case one of my subs ever got sued. Lucrative barrier between the sub and the HO.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

At the moment it doesn’t seem to be VW blaming Bosch though, it’s the class action lawyers trying to drag in everybody they can think of.

ahh so they can get more money. The only people who seem to win monetarily is the lawyer’s. I forgot what it was but a friend was involved in a class action and he ended up getting a couple dollars back and that was it. heh. The lawyers ended up with the rest.

Reminds me of construction litigation. Name everyone in the suit, even the janitor.

Bosch may feel some of the brunt of all this. As they said in the article, Bosch supplied some or all of the software and even though they warned VW about using it, they continued to make royalties off it.

Agreed @redwood next NAPA will be in the suit for supplying oil filters and Goodyear for tires. Gotta love the legal system. Ambulance chasers know how to spice up a lawsuit.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep it’s called deep pockets. Sue everybody and hope the insurance company settles before going to court.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Reminds me of construction litigation. Name everyone in the suit, even the janitor.

Bosch may feel some of the brunt of all this. As they said in the article, Bosch supplied some or all of the software and even though they warned VW about using it, they continued to make royalties off it.

Agreed @redwood next NAPA will be in the suit for supplying oil filters and Goodyear for tires. Gotta love the legal system. Ambulance chasers know how to spice up a lawsuit.

Haha, to bad, but you guys are probably right about that.

I hope VW burns all their bridges in doing this and all the parts makers tell them to piss up a rope

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I hope VW burns all their bridges in doing this and all the parts makers tell them to piss up a rope

This case will really not help them with suppliers.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm, I’m not surprised that Bosch supplied some of the parts for VW. They’ve been doing that for 60+ years, Way back in the early VW bug/bus days of the 50’s-60’s they used Bosch ignition/distributor systems. And you can still get them to this day

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hmmm, I’m not surprised that Bosch supplied some of the parts for VW. They’ve been doing that for 60+ years, Way back in the early VW bug/bus days of the 50’s-60’s they used Bosch ignition/distributor systems. And you can still get them to this day

Yes Bosch is known for their electric motors and lot of car co. use them.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I think I should get a few hundred million, Lord knows how many sleepless nights this mess gas caused me. Not! Lol

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think I should get a few hundred million, Lord knows how many sleepless nights this mess gas caused me. Not! Lol

lol you’ll be lucky to get dollars after the class action lawyers get through it. It is why they are willing to take on the cases, its pure money makers for them.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I could use a few bucks, I’ve spent countless time thinking about how the extra pollutant horribly damaged the environment, even though I don’t have a VW. 😀

I saw in the news they had been working on this bypass since 2004. A lot of bad things are going to come out of this.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

But we probably won’t hear much of it. I’m betting some people are getting thrown under the bus and that’s that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

even though I don’t have a VW. 😀

I was 20 or so when I had my last V-Dub, it was a van. It spent a lot of time in the Florida keys.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That’s funny I spent 9 months on the Siesta key in a VW bus, 1989

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s funny I spent 9 months on the Siesta key in a VW bus, 1989

Some good times down there back in the 80s!
    We stayed around Bahia Honda by day windsurfing and down to Key West at night to party.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I was on the Siesta key that’s up north near Sarasota. Good times that’s for sure! No surf but fun times

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It was nice to see on CTV news last night they mentioned nothing of Bosch when talking about VW.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i’ve never bought a VW, although I wanted to. Every time I’ve walked in to a vw dealership ready to buy a golf, No one comes to help me. I mean I’ve gone to them the two times i’ve looked for a vehicle to buy. I walk in and no one wants to help me, my wife and I go in and even try to ask someone to come over to give us a hand. Nope no one, I am kinda glad now that i didn’t buy one hahah.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.722 seconds