dcsimg

Bosch now a part of VW car scandal..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 96 total)
  • Author

It seems like Bosch has gotten dragged into the VW diesel car scandal:
    http://www.motortrend.com/news/lawsuit-names-bosch-as-co-conspirator-in-vw-emissions-scandal/

Bosch is a huge company, but I wonder if the outcome of this will have some big implications for the company…

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’d be willing to bet the software Bosch supplied want intended to be used in the scandel, but was by VW.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow that looks interesting. looks like they want to drag as many in to it as possible.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Lot of deep pockets involved

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah it makes sense for them to try to drag anyone down with them, makes it less of a laser focus on their activities heh.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw that too. When the story first broke they tried to drag Bosch into it since they provide emissions parts to VW. At the time Bosch produced a memo to VW stating that they had no idea how VW was getting such great fuel mileage, power, and low emissions.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i doubt bosch will be effected by it.. they are merely a components supplier they arent the one putting together and selling the final product. whos next to get dragged into it.. Toyo tires for having tires that are too grippy which effects fuel economony

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I think VW will try and spread the blame to as many company’s that supply them with any components/software.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Typical, and a sad commentary…

Doesn’t help the VW image by trying to shift blame IMO

--Steve

This is a real world mystery novel it seems. I wonder what other twists and turns this scandal will take. I own a vehicle affected by this and have not received anything from anybody about it. I love the great mileage the engine delivers I will admit.

I saw that too. When the story first broke they tried to drag Bosch into it since they provide em emissions parts to VW. At the time Bosch produced a memo to VW stating that they had no idea how VW was getting such great fuel mileage and low emissions.

funny how this part seems to get pushed aside. Seems like it would be hard to blame a part supplier, esp with a note like that

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

IMO, Bosch is only a supplier. VW chose to use the Bosch product in an illegal way…not sure how Bosch could be held responsible for something a completely separate company willfully chose to do…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s kinda like blaming the gun when someone is shot??? Never could understand it??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Unfortunately, this whole “scandal” thing was cooked up because of Germany’s declining desire to participate in doing America’s bidding, particularly in going toe-to-toe with Russia over Syria, so they have decided to destroy the biggest company in Germany.

This is how America has always operated, and presumably will, unless the empire collapses.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

IMO, Bosch is only a supplier. VW chose to use the Bosch product in an illegal way…not sure how Bosch could be held responsible for something a completely separate company willfully chose to do…

The article implies Bosch supplied the software that bypass emission testing.

Either way it’s going to be SHTF given the litigation culture in US.

redwood
    Pro

Reminds me of construction litigation. Name everyone in the suit, even the janitor.

Bosch may feel some of the brunt of all this. As they said in the article, Bosch supplied some or all of the software and even though they warned VW about using it, they continued to make royalties off it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

It’s to be expected that VW will try to shift/spread the blame, but this seems more the entities bringing the lawsuits going after as many companies as possible to improve the payout (especially for the lawyers…).

Like PT Barnum of Barnum said, “no such thing as bad advertisement” Bosch will come out of this.

I didn’t mean to imply Bosch is to blame when I posted, as the article says Bosch provided some software, but we do not yet know the whole story. Given the massive lawsuits coming after VW, I guess it does make sense that they would try to share the blame if at all possible.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

At the moment it doesn’t seem to be VW blaming Bosch though, it’s the class action lawyers trying to drag in everybody they can think of.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.510 seconds