dcsimg

Bosch New Tools Releases MAY/JUNE 2016 Discussions/Announcements.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 703 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Thought I’d start this new thread to deal with all the new tools that Bosch is releasing over the next month or two.

Today, I saw the new Bosch Reaxx Table Saw with Active Response Technology that has just popped up on the Bosch North America website.

Per a retailer that just sent me an E-Flyer, the release date they are taking orders for is June the 1st here in Canada with a retail price of $1999.00 CDA.

It does come with the Gravity Rise Stand which is kinda nice, although I wonder if they’ll make it available without one for those who don’t need the GRS for what are intended as permanent setups.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I am excited about the new 12v brushless impact, does any one know the official release of that.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It does come with the Gravity Rise Stand which is kinda nice, although I wonder if they’ll make it available without one for those who don’t need the GRS for what are intended as permanent setups.

Perhaps, but the gravity rise stand is quite sturdy. My 4100 is on one and it serves as both a shop saw and a jobsite saw depending on the job. I’d hate to be without it…but if you never use it, why spend the cash on one?

Do we have any official release dates for other tools…or even a list of what to expect in the coming months? Sure there will a a ton of speculation, but exactly what has been confirmed?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thought I’d start this new thread to deal with all the new tools that Bosch is releasing over the next month or two.

Today, I saw the new Bosch Reaxx Table Saw with Active Response Technology that has just popped up on the Bosch North America website.

Per a retailer that just sent me an E-Flyer, the release date they are taking orders for is June the 1st here in Canada with a retail price of $1999.00 CDA.

The second video is good, Looks like they’ve beefed up a few things on that saw too. The plate, blade guard and anti-kickback mounting system. The mechanism of the blade pop looks to be a TON better design then the unmentionable one, Easy and cheap to reset/replace if it gets tripped. Bravo!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch is also coming out with a 4 1/2″ & 5″ 18V grinders. Although not brushless they offer never wear out brushes and are billed as being able to perform all day long.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Wonder if they spent any time/money on dust collection with the REAXX? Hope it’s not like the 4100.

Looks like so far no official dates for the 12V tools, though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

If @Madman_US is correct from a previous post he did in another thread a day or two ago, tomorrow may be the big day that we see a host of them show up on the Bosch NA website.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

If madman_us is correct from a previous post he did in another thread a day or two ago, tomorrow may be the big day that we see a host of them show up on the Bosch NA website

Lets wait and see right? 😛

Bosch is also coming out with a 4 1/2″ & 5″ 18V grinders. Although not brushless they offer never wear out brushes and are billed as being able to perform all day long.

I have the CAG180 ( 4-1/2″ grinder )
    curious what they gonna come up with

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

If @madman_us is correct from a previous post he did in another thread a day or two ago, tomorrow may be the big day that we see a host of them show up on the Bosch NA website.

Its exciting to see what will be released on the Bosch site and what will be added to our rewards list. I’ll be following

A Working Pro since 2004

Clev08
    Pro

Interesting, I’m curious as to why they developed that technology instead of going with the brushless tech that already exists?

Interesting, I’m curious as to why they developed that technology instead of going with the brushless tech that already exists?

Depending on the application, Brushes can give more torque than brushless, which is why lots of the more hardcore stuff tends to stay brushed.

But, brushless can also bring other power curves to the table, such as getting more power out of the input, allowing for high-speed blade spins like brushless circular saws.

Brushless isnt always better when you need slower grunt, I guess

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

This is the first u have heard about this, is there somewhere you got this from.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

This is the first u have heard about this, is there somewhere you got this from.

4 1/2″ is listed on their website.
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/angle-grinders-cag180-01-34516-p/

Could not find anything on the 5″ though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I’m still waiting for news on the new Colt (GKF125CEK) successor. Jim did mention there’d be more information around May.

There’s also the new drills aside from the DDS181A.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Depending on the application, Brushes can give more torque than brushless, which is why lots of the more hardcore stuff tends to stay brushed.

But, brushless can also bring other power curves to the table, such as getting more power out of the input, allowing for high-speed blade spins like brushless circular saws.

Curious because my first encounter with brushless outside of motion control was in threaded fastener assembly which is a pure torque application. Gearing played a big part in this application but still brushless is now the standard in assembly operations.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Wow, that’s good, for myself, I would not be using all day, but it’s going to be on my wishlist.
    Anxiously awaiting what is released

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Curious because my first encounter with brushless outside of motion control was in threaded fastener assembly which is a pure torque application. Gearing played a big part in this application but still brushless is now the standard in assembly operations.

Yeah I thought brushless was better in every way. The top of the line makita and Milwaukee drills are both brushless and have 300 in pounds of torque more than the brute.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/angle-grinders-cag180-01-34516-p/

thats the old / current model. I got that one 😛

I’m still waiting for news on the new Colt (GKF125CEK) successor. Jim did mention there’d be more information around May.

Looking forward to that one too.
    I would like to have a smaller router for the shop

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Could not find anything on the 5″ though.

That’s the one we had on the list. Not new.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 703 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.590 seconds