dcsimg

Bosch new brushless

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Bosch 18v brushless screw gun. Is this a new in NA product?
    http://bcfasteners.com/shop/bosch-sgh182-01-18v-ec-screwgun-kit/

Yup new this year, been available what a month now?

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

That’s probably why there are only a couple of reviews so far. Looks like the Canadian price is pretty good!

Ok, I have never needed or used a screw gun with the woodworking that I do. I am assuming that these guns are for installing drywall, correct? Are they easy to use or are they finicky with starting the screws?

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

They are mainly for drywall yes. Though it might handle some wood screwing tasks. Not sure this is the gun for deck screwing though. You are better off sticking with your impact.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yes it fairly new here.. atlas tool and machine in toronto actually has it in stock.. last month they did a giveaway for it on their instagram page

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Does it have an autofeed attachment?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Does it have an autofeed attachment?

Yep…it uses the same one that the electric model and the 12v NAINA model uses…I believe it is the MA55 attachment @theamcguy.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I paid $150 bare tool for mine. didn’t get the autofeed. I’m in love with this gun.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I paid $150 bare tool for mine. didn’t get the autofeed. I’m in love with this gun.

May I know what kind of material you usually fasten on? Wood or Metal?

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

I asked a bosch rep why isn’t the 36v cordless bulldog rotary hammer brushless.
    He told me that Bosch kept it with a 4 pole brushed motor cause it demands more torque for tough applications.
    Fair enough

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I have heard that before about bosch. Them saying the 4 pole motor has more torque than brushless. I dont believe that. Every other company that has brushless stuff that tool has way more torque than anything non brushless.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Yeah cag 180 grinder also has a 4 pole brushes I do believe it is for more stable torque

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah cag 180 grinder also has a 4 pole brushes I do believe it is for more stable torque

Thats what I am saying. They came out with a new grinder that wasnt brushless but there are 3 other ones out that are brushless that have more torque.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch is not embracing brushless on the grinders just yet. They are staying brushed and claiming increased reliability when used all day long. With brushless if the electronics heat up the unit shuts down until it has cooled. Bosch claims their grinders will go all day long without that problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Bosch is going to release a new brushless grinder later on but I believe they’re also timing the release with their new Eneracer batteries (The packs with physically bigger cells).

@madman_us
    would have more details on the grinder than I do. I only saw some screencaps from a video of it.

My understanding is that brushless motors provide higher hp, and (in most cases) higher torque at high rpm

However, brushed motors offer higher torque at lower rpms, which means that a brushed motor is a garbage truck compared to brushless’ sports cars. Not as fast, not as much horsepower, but WAY more grunt at the lower bands

That would explain why some tools benefit from brushed motors. Brushless is an amazing new-ish tech, but it adds to our choices, it doesnt replace what came before. Not always better, just different and better at different things

Bosch is not embracing brushless on the grinders just yet. They are staying brushed and claiming increased reliability when used all day long. With brushless if the electronics heat up the unit shuts down until it has cooled. Bosch claims their grinders will go all day long without that problem.

Yes, I have read that someplace, I would like to see some kind of comparison video runtime and about the difference between the two, headed one on one. Would be interesting to see,

Yes, I have read that someplace, I would like to see some kind of comparison video runtime and about the difference between the two, headed one on one. Would be interesting to see,

So would I. Not runtime before battery goes flat. Runtime in minutes or hours before the tool stops/overheats, swapping out batteries quickly as they die

Could be a relevant metric for tuose of us who have a stack of batteries on rotation with battery life alreadypast the “good enough that Im not annoyed” stage

So would I. Not runtime before battery goes flat. Runtime in minutes or hours before the tool stops/overheats, swapping out batteries quickly as they die

Could be a relevant metric for tuose of us who have a stack of batteries on rotation with battery life alreadypast the “good enough that Im not annoyed” stage

Yes, thanks Eric, that’s what I meant, not necessarily the runtime buy the battery, but exactly what you mentioned. About the tools not overly heating and shutting down.

So far, have not experienced any tool shutting down because of this.
    I have been hearing a couple of people talking about the IDH182 not working, then starting up again after a few minutes.

Yes, thanks Eric, that’s what I meant, not necessarily the runtime buy the battery, but exactly what you mentioned. About the tools not overly heating and shutting down.

So far, have not experienced any tool shutting down because of this.
    I have been hearing a couple of people talking about the IDH182 not working, then starting up again after a few minutes.

I managed to get my HDH181X to smoke and shut down drilling 1-1/8 holes 12 inches deep into birch with an auger bit…. 4 fatpacks drained before it happened though

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.484 seconds