dcsimg

Bosch new brushless

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • Author

I have noticed the soft start a bit myself. It gets longer as the battery dies. It doesn’t seem to bother me anymore but it did take a bit to get used to.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

You guys are making me want to try a 12v lone now lol

You will really be impressed with what they can do and the small easy to handle tool in your hand. If you don’t like it, I’ll buy you a beer! đŸ™‚

You guys are making me want to try a 12v lone now lol

12v tools (and I presume especially Bosch’s new brushless) are definitely worth an investment if you want to be able to have a go to driver of sorts for light/med duty that will weigh significantly less than your 12v option!

John S

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think the 12v would be nice installing hardware on cabinets and such.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Did I mention yet that I really need to get into the 12V line?

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Resurrecting an old thread to talk about brush and brushless tools and the technology behind them. here is a good read for those interested:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/a8109/whats-so-great-about-brushless-motor-power-tools/

Anonymous
    Inactive

So it seems the brushless reduces the number of parts required (and probably the mean time between failure) and allows for better resistance detection, I assume this is better for battery usage as well?

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

since it detects the resistance in the material you are using and only draws the required amount of power to fasten, yes it would use less battery giving you a longer run time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After reading the article I now understand better how the technology works and helps to save battery life. Thank you Nick.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Good article Nick. Didn’t know how they worked.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder what the avg cost difference is between the two. The article says there is a pretty steep difference for the better motor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Weird how it says a brushed motor will run as fast as it can all the time no matter what it’s drilling into, Well we do have a variable speed trigger. Anyway I do like the idea behind a brushless for sure simply for the less parts to wear out and less friction with those parts

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

some people talk about having to and being able to replace those brushes at some point if they want to extend the life of their drill for example. with the brushless, you dont have to worry about replacing that part if it fails or needs replacing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Really a cost benefit analysis problem. Is it worth the extra money up front or is that money better spent on buying a new brush motor replacement or repair down the line…along with the inconvenience factor?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using them professionally, the added power and longer runtimes provided are what’s important to me, and well worth the extra cost.

Doobie

Thanks for linking that article. Now I know why I should spend more money on my next drill.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Not sure this level of detail was shared during the original discussions so I thought i would post it up here and I’m glad some of you guys got something out of it.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I wish Bosch USA will carry Bosch 36V Brushless Hammer Drill.

I miss the Bosch 36V Hammer Drill

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Bosch 18v brushless screw gun. Is this a new in NA product?
    http://bcfasteners.com/shop/bosch-sgh182-01-18v-ec-screwgun-kit/

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.458 seconds