dcsimg

Bosch new brushless

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author

Nice tool! Though it’s not an everyday tool unless you are into construction or remodeling. Don’t know where I would use it in a wood shop.

Yes — chiseling is really a great feature/function to have. There are a lot of hammer drills that will let you drill holes easily, but one tool to do all three functions in a portable package is really nice.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I think better wait for 36V Cordless Rotary Hammer. More runtime and more power

That may be true Hong, but not everyone needs the 36v power and runtime, let alone the fact that many of us here already/now have Bosch 18v tools…

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

John. That true also. If Bosch use the Makita 2x 18V battery on one tools then that will be great.

Since many of us may have many 18V battery, with that idea, we could have the rotary hammer with more power and runtime.

Plus the weight of 18 volt is much better. I think 18 volt is ideal.

Orange County, CA

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

John, that Bosch looks like it may be better balanced than the Milwaukee?

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Scot. Actually it depend on user preferences, for me is 36V because the long run time and it more in heavy duty too

I agree with longer run time. It is a trade-off with weight vs. performance.

Orange County, CA

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

So basicly your holding a heavier tool for longer? Two 18v interchanged can’t keep up?

So basicly your holding a heavier tool for longer? Two 18v interchanged can’t keep up?

That was my point exactly, but you said it much better :). The weight of 36v seems like it would be tiring, but I have not used them before so not sure how heavy they would be in real life.

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

I think the question is, does going to 36V increase anything besides runtime. Most rotary hammers are beasts, that could possibly be enhanced by a boost in power.

As mentioned previously, jumping just from most 12V drills to 18V drills gives you more power, in addition to runtime.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I recently went with the Milwaukee 4.0 amp hour system and in hind sight I probably would have been better off with the lighter 2 or 3 AH system. I can always get some smaller batteries I guess.

I was also thinking that the 12V system for smaller jobs would be really convenient to have.

There is always a tradeoff. A lot of the 18v tools nowadays would have weighed a ton several years ago…remember the first 12v tools that hit the market? My wrist hurts thinking of hefting those…and they did not last long at all.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

BRENDAN. Bringing two 18V tool is too bulky for me.

Scot. Maybe I should try the 18V first because I have never use any 18V drill before.

I would give one a try before buying if you can. You might find that there is little difference in weight. Bigger is not always better, but sometimes it is — just depends on what you are doing and it it has the power you need to work for a reasonable amount of time.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

That time, when I buy the 36V, I never consider the weight. I thought the 12V will good for me if I want lighter.

Here is Bosch’s 18v OMT

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

John . Thanks you for that video

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Thanks for the video John, even though these guys are from Chicago and the one on the right loves Dewalt I can still respect their opinions 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.481 seconds