dcsimg

Bosch new brushless

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Maybe not scuba diving, but finishing an outdoors project in a misty rain. I do like the older Panasonics, but have not checked out newer models since the rest of the world caught up to there light weight powerful design.
    Hong, never heard of Metabo? Where do they sell those?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am definitely new to Metabo, tried to find them on the internet and I am striking out.

Every manufacturer states that brushless motors are less likely to fail so you get longer life. My new Festool jigsaw uses a brushless motor and I know that some brands of drills and impact drivers have used brushless motors. On cordless the batteries do last longer. On corded I find so far on the jigsaw that the motor is a little lighter and more efficient offering better power in a less amp tool. I do think that it is the wave of the future.

Now — how many folks actually wear out the brushes on a typical power tool and if you have, how many hours of use would you guess the tool has on it?

Orange County, CA

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Scot, I have only worn out brushes on old routers, and one drill at our shop that gets ALOT of use.
    That said, I wonder when brushless will hit tools like routers. Anyone know if they are out yet?

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Jason , BRENDAN. I thought METABO is a famous brand among the power tool.

BRENDAN, you could find the METABO right here : http://www.cpometabo.com

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Hong, at $270 for a drill, you can find one there, but not in my shop:-)

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I like the quality of METABO. I like the most is the Angle Grinder, it really light, compact and more power than My Bosch

I am sure that brushless will be more commonplace as things evolve — it just makes sense to have more efficient power in a lighter tool. I also think that more and more tools are going to cordless and this is where brushless really excel.

Orange County, CA

Metabo is best known for their hammer drills and grinders I think. It is a super high end company and I do not think that it is commonly known in the US. And Jason – ebay is a good place to grab some good deals on metabo tools since not many people in the US know about them…

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

John. You’re right, I just notice that not many people know about Metabo.

But in Ebay , mostly of the Metabo used product.

The cordless drill with pulse make me impressed the most

joesainz
    Keymaster
    Chicago, IL

I’ve seen some of the new brushless – I really wish I could comment more. It’s awesome.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Joe. What kind of brushless tools have you seen ?

Can’t wait to see them based on your enthusiasm Joe.

Looking forward to seeing more brushless tools — that will more than likely mean more cordless options.

Scot

Orange County, CA

Metabo is best known for their hammer drills and grinders I think. It is a super high end company and I do not think that it is commonly known in the US. And Jason – ebay is a good place to grab some good deals on metabo tools since not many people in the US know about them…

Metabo used to be more common in the USA, but for whatever reason it lost some prominence here. I believe some Ridgid tools were made by Metabo early one (the six inch RO sander, jigsaw and maybe a couple of other tools) but I do not think that is the case any longer.

Orange County, CA

http://toolguyd.com/bosch-rhh181-18v-brushless-rotary-hammer

This looks like a solid brushless rotary hammer…

John S

Very cool. I have a Bosch rotary hammer that works really, really well. Light weight and powerful for light concrete and mortar demo — not the Bulldog, but the one up from it. I only wish that it came in an L-Boxx. Brushless would be cool.

Orange County, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very nice.. this is something im looking to get my hands on, be it bosch or milwaukee. curretnly we have 2 corded hitachi rotary hammers that we use for breaking small amounts of concrete and drill for rebar and wedge anchors. a cordles would be handy to have so the big ones arent pulled away from other jobsites that the guys htere need pretty much all day f

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Man, oh man, why couldn’t this have been available 6 months ago when I was in the middle of my bathroom demo? This would have been perfect in some tight spaces without getting caught up on the cord…

Orange County, CA

The thing that caught my eye was the fact that it could chisel… That is absolutely huge. I think I would be happy to sell my corded Hilti TE-2S for something like that Bosch for the fact that the Hilti is not able to chisel….

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.551 seconds