dcsimg

Bosch new brushless

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Hi. Come here and share which new Bosch Brushless Power Tools going to be in the market.

Bosch 18V OMT

Per Jeff, sounds like there will be 18v brushless impact drills soon as well.

And I think some 12v brushless tools are in the works as well.

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I have some pictures of European 36V Brushless and 12V Brushless

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am thinking we are going to get an industry wide brush less revolution.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Have t made the brushless leap yet. What are the major benefits to the design?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I noticed increased battery life and more power per volt. Also, you don’t need to worry about your brushes getting burnt out.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Brushless also makes the head of the driver shorter front to back. Gives easier access in tight spaces. And in my opinion makes the whole driver balance better in the hand. Puts the weight of the head and the battery in a straight line right through the hand.

Between Lithium-ion batteries and brushless motors there is hardly any need to hang on to corded tools. The technology is proven, they have been running them in high performance applications for years. I made the mistake of going cheap on my latest set of dill / nut driver. Should have spent a little more and just gotten the brushless.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

bosch was advertising for their bruhsless stuff right on the website a while back but it never really launched.. not sure why

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I haven’t bit the bullet on the brushless stuff yet but will. Christmas is coming. Extended battery life and more power have been the advertised advantages. Glad to see that’s your experience Jason. You using the 12v or 18v Milwaukee’s?

I am still curious to see if the other benefit of ‘less repair’ (from not needing to replace brushes) holds true

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I think brushless made the tool waterproof too .

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Bosch 12V Brushless

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im not too sure about the waterproof thing on the bosch brushless. i know makitas are but thats because makita put extra seals on theirs.. ive seen it demonstratd in person.. the rep woiuld dunk it under water and pull hte trigger

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

No Kidding, I had no clue that anyone made waterproof drivers. Can’t say I have a huge need for it but when working in in climate weather there is a huge advantage.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Wow, thanks for all the input. Just bought a 12v “brushfull” kit last year. May have to look into the 18v brushless models. Weather proofing is an outstanding idea.
    Eric, I will never let go of my Milwaukee GOD (Good Old Drill). Not sure how old it is but it is an all metal corded drill. Only problem I have ever had with it is it has too much torque sometimes. A real wrist snapper on tightening lags and bolts with sockets.

redwood
    Pro

I have that drill Brenden. I found it to be a wrist snapper drilling holes. It’s pretty much been retired, for gentler drills. Mainly cordless.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

BRENDAN. You may look for Metabo 18V Brushless

I’ve always needed a waterproof drill for all that building-while-scuba-diving that I do 😛

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Then Brushless drill is an ideal for you.

I saw the video of Panasonic Brushless Drill working in water before

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.499 seconds