dcsimg

Bosch nail guns have reappeared!

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

When installing the air hookup do you like to use plumbers tape on the connection or do you use something else?

I use teflon tape for all my fittings and then check with soapy water afterward.

yeah the teflon tape is the most common way but i never did the soapy water trick yet

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

The 15 is a bigger Nail obviously,..while the 16 is still considered a Brad.

15ga nails are quite a bit more expensive, but the holding power is better too. I use a 15gauge myself, but I know guys who use a 16ga and are happy with their results.

very true about the holding power of the 15 gauge, however it leaves a very large hole for interior work.. i prefer the 16 gauge for interior trim, specifically hanging doors, setting window sils and jamb extensions, closet cleats along with thick baseboard.. i use a 15 gauge for exterior work as the nail can resist seasonal movement better

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

When installing the air hookup do you like to use plumbers tape on the connection or do you use something else?

I use teflon tape for all my fittings and then check with soapy water afterward.

we typically use Teflon tape also. It is easier to store in the cold than pipe dope.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The 15 is a bigger Nail obviously,..while the 16 is still considered a Brad.

15ga nails are quite a bit more expensive, but the holding power is better too. I use a 15gauge myself, but I know guys who use a 16ga and are happy with their results.

very true about the holding power of the 15 gauge, however it leaves a very large hole for interior work.. i prefer the 16 gauge for interior trim, specifically hanging doors, setting window sils and jamb extensions, closet cleats along with thick baseboard.. i use a 15 gauge for exterior work as the nail can resist seasonal movement better

same exact information i came up with when i did research which gun i should go with when i was not here yet. got the 16ga gun first due to installing baseboards and door casings, couple trim too.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Pulled the trigger and got myself the 15 gage nail gun

That’s a nice first gun. The 18ga. would make a good second gun. That would cover most everything.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I find I don’t use the 15g near as much as the 18. The 15 exposes the nails to much.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Picked up the 23ga and the 16ga today at menards on clearance

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I find I don’t use the 15g near as much as the 18. The 15 exposes the nails to much.

I prefer the 16 gauge for what I do and sometimes 18 gauge for the smaller pieces .

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

yup these are old stock. There isnt even a category to register them on the website. Collectors items in the future?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Grats man. I own the 16ga for almost a year and I really like. It’s my number one gun. Bought the pin from menards too but have not used it yet

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Grats man. I own the 16ga for almost a year and I really like. It’s my number one gun. Bought the pin from menards too but have not used it yet

They are the only 2 guns i dont have that I wanted and for the $150 i wasnt going to pass them up

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

They are the only 2 guns i dont have that I wanted and for the $150 i wasnt going to pass them up

You can’t go wrong for that price. I paid 170 for my 16ga last year lol. I bought the pin nailer and full head framing gun. Glad that I made a good deal there. Framing gun was 129. Here at the west coast I can just buy it online and I would pay around 350 for it. Overanalyze bought the items for me and shipped them to Cali. So happy with the purchase and that I saved a lot of money

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Congrats Daniel! Nice guns to have.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.848 seconds