dcsimg

Bosch nail guns have reappeared!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

wow i see. ya here the normal price was 199. sometimes you could find the radio on sale like for special holidays or events for 179 and this was a really great price already but now for 129; just breath taking. i might have to hop on the powerbox wagon lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

kurt@welkerhomes.com wrote:

I saw this in our local add today

Man that’s a great price on that power box.

Wonder if Slims will have that low or lower price soon.

That was the Slims price I was talking about. Slims doesn’t get the bulk buying prices that the bog boxxes do.
    http://www.slimspowertools.com/hawaii/images/stories/specials/monthly_flyer.pdf

kruton
    Pro

I know this thread is older but I just saw the 16 gauge Bosch finish nailer at Menards for $89. I won’t be using it everyday so I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to buy or should I pony up more money and go with another brand. I’m slowly putting together a small hobby wood shop but hope to use it more often in the future. Just looking for feedback from some of you guys with more knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the fns250-16 is a good gun in my opinion.
    i use it quite often and it never failed on my, no jam at all.
    i paid 169 for the gun at that time.
    you cant go wrong for that price

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know this thread is older but I just saw the 16 gauge Bosch finish nailer at Menards for $89.

That is a great price for a good nail gun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know this thread is older but I just saw the 16 gauge Bosch finish nailer at Menards for $89. I won’t be using it everyday so I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to buy or should I pony up more money and go with another brand. I’m slowly putting together a small hobby wood shop but hope to use it more often in the future. Just looking for feedback from some of you guys with more knowledge.

Jump on it, good gun for a great price. Wish I could get that same deal in Canada.

At that price, jump fast

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Jump on it, good gun for a great price. Wish I could get that same deal in Canada.

No kidding , that gun would be at least 200 – 250.00 here in Canada .I have the 16 gauge Bosch nailer and it is a nice gun .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve never felt the need for a 16ga gun. I have a 15 and 18 and can’t see why I’d need the size in between.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

How’s the Bosch framer for wieght? Light wieght is most important to me these days.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@Calidecks64
    i think its around 8 pounds but its well balanced.
    im not a framer or pro, just a DIY person and the full head nailer counts towards one of my fav tools.
    next time when i am in Chino Hills (great and big lowes store on peyton) i swing by and show you the gun.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I stopped at Menards here to check out the deals on the nailers. They have the same deal as you guys have found for 90 bucks for the 16 gage nailer. They also have the FNA 250-15 on sale for 100.
    This is more of a want than a need for me but I am going to buy one of the two. This would just be used for me personally, I don’t really need it for work. I have some molding and trim that needs to be replaced in the house eventaully.

What do you guys think is the better buy? Is there an advantage to the angle over the straight?

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the FNA250-15 is a good price too. here i cant get that one below 180.
    couple month ago i looked at that nailer too and did some research due to im not a pro, just a tiny DIY person with a huge tool addiction lol.
    It actually depends on what it is used for. The angled nailers usually have heavier gauged nails and are designed to get into tighter areas. The straight nailers have finer nails and are used more for exposed surfaces so you dont see the nail head as much as you would the angled one. Basically you need to decide what the applications you plan to use it for and decide which would better perform for you.
    Angled nailer would be nice for certain trim, molding jobs which you cant reach with a straight nailer.
    I did one door casings and all baseboards in my house with the FNS250-16

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The 15 is a bigger Nail obviously,..while the 16 is still considered a Brad.

15ga nails are quite a bit more expensive, but the holding power is better too. I use a 15gauge myself, but I know guys who use a 16ga and are happy with their results.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We use our 15 GA guns mostly for hanging doors and a little on exterior trim. 90+ percent or our interior trim is hung with 2″ 18 GA nails. we rarely use the 1 – 16 GA gun I have, I have 3 15 GA and as many or more 18GA, surprisingly the 3 – 23GA pinners get used a fair bit also.

If you only want 1 gun, the 15 GA is a happy medium.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Pulled the trigger and got myself the 15 gage nail gun and the contractor set of jig saw blades. Excited about the price of the gun and to finally have one. Looks like the trim and molding is getting replaced sooner than later!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

grats jim on your new nailer.
    now just get a air hose fitting and some oil and your are ready to rock’n roll

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

We use our 15 GA guns mostly for hanging doors and a little on exterior trim. 90+ percent or our interior trim is hung with 2″ 18 GA nails. we rarely use the 1 – 16 GA gun I have, I have 3 15 GA and as many or more 18GA, surprisingly the 3 – 23GA pinners get used a fair bit also.

If you only want 1 gun, the 15 GA is a happy medium.

Thanks for the advice. When installing the air hookup do you like to use plumbers tape on the connection or do you use something else?

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

When installing the air hookup do you like to use plumbers tape on the connection or do you use something else?

I use teflon tape for all my fittings and then check with soapy water afterward.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

When installing the air hookup do you like to use plumbers tape on the connection or do you use something else?

I use teflon tape for all my fittings and then check with soapy water afterward.

That is the route I normally go also, just was not sure if someone had a better way for nail guns.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.362 seconds