dcsimg

Bosch nail guns have reappeared!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the bosch nailers were discontinued.. due to both lack of sales and being very problematic.. almost every one i know who had the framer had to get them sent in for rebuilds within 6 months only to have issues again very soon after. the 18 gauge was notorious for depth of drive which i had problems with until i modified mine. the 23 gauge actually works very well. i have two of them.. the only issue i had was with trying to shoot 1 3/8 pins jamming in it.. which its supposed to shoot.. 1 1/4 is the actual max size it can shoot

there have been rumors of a complete redesign though

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

the bosch nailers were discontinued.. due to both lack of sales and being very problematic.. almost every one i know who had the framer had to get them sent in for rebuilds within 6 months only to have issues again very soon after. the 18 gauge was notorious for depth of drive which i had problems with until i modified mine. the 23 gauge actually works very well. i have two of them.. the only issue i had was with trying to shoot 1 3/8 pins jamming in it.. which its supposed to shoot.. 1 1/4 is the actual max size it can shoot

Jeff,

My 23 gauge gun shoots 1 3/8″ pins with no issues. I run mine at about 95PSI..what are you running? Oil it regularly?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Huh, wonder if Bosch design/made these themselves or were they just rebranded from another manufacturer.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Huh, wonder if Bosch design/made these themselves or were they just rebranded from another manufacturer.

They look like originals. The 23ga is tiny, unlike many others out at that time. Since then, smaller units have surfaced from other manufacturers.

Jon P.
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

They look like originals. The 23ga is tiny, unlike many others out at that time. Since then, smaller units have surfaced from other manufacturers.

Heh, goes to show you expertises in electric doesn’t translate into pneumatic, despite both being close enough as far as end purpose goes.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t think Bosch has a nailgun factory. I sure they were built by a factory that does that type of work.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Pneumatics that you see in stores is as you suspected older stock. There are no new pneumatics in the pipeline, so if you fancy one then snap them up where you can find them as there won’t be any new ones coming out soon (or at all).

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw displays in two different Menards stores but they were priced at full retail. I would bet you will saa a big sale on them soon. When they clearanced them before, framers were 100 bucks and the pinner and 18GA about 50 or less.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I saw displays in two different Menards stores but they were priced at full retail. I would bet you will saa a big sale on them soon. When they clearanced them before, framers were 100 bucks and the pinner and 18GA about 50 or less.

If I’m correct, I expect them to go on sale next week. I’m in Menards All The Time…I feel like sale items tend to be piled up somewhere just before they are discounted…just like these were.

Jon P.
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

With clearance pricing you going to see different places from one store to the next it’s typically based on what the head office says to clear dodat depending on what their cost was to bring the tool in the first place locally we have 3 different big box stores Home Depot Kent building supplies and Rhona Home Depot generally has the best clearance prices on Tools as they have the biggest buying power can sympathetic for clearance pricing half the time it’s like $10 off and even at regular price with a clearance tag Rona he isn’t too too bad but its not too often they have things on clearance

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

im hoping some of them will go on sale in Canada, I need a nail gun

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

im hoping some of them will go on sale in Canada, I need a nail gun

Which one are you looking at @r-ice?

Jon P.
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@r-ice your best bet is to look in rona or lowes stores. i beleive they were the only places to get them in.. locally they were only ever sold in one rona location which has since shut down

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Since they are indeed discontinued you might think about how warranty works now, since you probably won’t get a replacement and their may not be any parts to fix it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think I stay away because of the parts issues.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

hmm well I doubt i’ll find any, I will eventually pick up a different brand. I haven’t really decided yet anyways.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Probably a good idea. Parts will become an issue.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this in our local add today

redwood
    Pro

I saw this in our local add today

That’s a good price, but for about $50 more you can get a Hitachi that is still in production.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Jeff,

My 23 gauge gun shoots 1 3/8″ pins with no issues. I run mine at about 95PSI..what are you running? Oil it regularly?

</blockquote

i oil my gun regularly and ive used two different brands of nails.. both jamb up the gun

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.359 seconds