dcsimg

Bosch miter saw stand – sturdy and folds slim

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but I’m leaning towards the T4B gravity rise stand

If you are putting up and taking down the saw a lot the the gravity rise stand makes a lot of sense to me. A lot less effort setting it up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

If your using a heavy 12″ saw I would also agree that a gravity rise with the saw left attached is the way to go.

I like that the folding saw gives me the option of the bigger saw but my prime use is for the lighter smaller miter saw I have. All of our primed trim comes in 16 ft so even with simple jobs its nice to have the extra work station support. Got sick of balancing stuff of the tailgate.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but my prime use is for the lighter smaller miter saw I have

I use the 8½” most of the time.. I like the fold up stand because it takes up less space.

Doobie

All of our primed trim comes in 16 ft so even with simple jobs its nice to have the extra work station support. Got sick of balancing stuff of the tailgate.

How far to the supports extend on the fold out stand? I didn’t know they were any longer than that of the Gravity Rise stand.

but my prime use is for the lighter smaller miter saw I have

I use the 8½” most of the time.. I like the fold up stand because it takes up less space.

That 8-1/2″ Bosch on the list was my next redemption but since the points went up I’m not sure . I’m tired of carrying my monster 12″ around .

All of our primed trim comes in 16 ft so even with simple jobs its nice to have the extra work station support. Got sick of balancing stuff of the tailgate.

How far to the supports extend on the fold out stand? I didn’t know they were any longer than that of the Gravity Rise stand.

I think my Dewalt stand extend about 5′ from center of stand . I could be wrong but not by much I never measured it .

Always willing to learn .

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I think my Dewalt stand extend about 5′ from center of stand . I could be wrong but not by much I never measured it .

That’s quite a bit longer than t4b, mine extends a bit over 4 ft left of blade and a bit under on right.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

@skillman unless I am doing a deck or crown, I am using my 8 1/2″ Makita. I was holding out for the Bosch but it was taking forever the way I post so I bought it.

Soooo much easier to lug around a small saw. I got used to cutting base on the flat too.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Great review! Hey @TopNotch … I have a silly question and I apologize in advance…
    Do you think the stand can handle a bosch wet tile saw?
    thanks

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I think it’s too narrow for one.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

@skillman unless I am doing a deck or crown, I am using my 8 1/2″ Makita. I was holding out for the Bosch but it was taking forever the way I post so I bought it.

Soooo much easier to lug around a small saw. I got used to cutting base on the flat too.

I’m just being to cheap I guess . I really need a smaller miter saw . But now with the cordless miter saw’s I’m trying figure out cordless or cordied model saw .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

Do you think the stand can handle a bosch wet tile saw?
    thanks

Just in case you were not aware, Bosch has the GTA10W which is designed specifically for the Bosch wet tile saw.

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/tile-saw-stands-gta10w-36147-p/

The same stand seems to also be the one that older version of the Lackmond “The Beast” wet tile saw uses but wihtout the upper support harness brackets although I’ve been unable to find the stand itself sold seperately.

http://www.atlas-machinery.com/lackmond-beast-10-tile-saw-with-stand-pump-tray-kit/

Curiously, in searching for a pic I attached below, it looks to me that Lackmond has updated their model and now looks like it is on what looks like a Bosch gravity rise TS stand.

http://lackmond.com/en/equipment/tile-saws/beast10-wet-tile-saw.html

A lot of the NA wet tile saws all come out of the same factory in China. or so I learned when I was doing research on buying one last year. I eneded up with the Dewalt WTS, and am still looking for a mobile stand for it that I know will work for it.

EDIT: Actually, I just found their new gravity rise stand can be bought seperately.

http://lackmond.com/en/beast-universal-gravity-folding-stand.html

Definitely a new candidate I need to look into more now.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Great info! @Doobie
    I’ll have a look
    thanks

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@topnotch same here I hate working without it now. Stand makes the productivety so much faster. I was setting up on the floor before it was worst.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I will be using it today. I do enjoy. The repetitive stops are real handy too.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.296 seconds