dcsimg

Bosch miter saw stand – sturdy and folds slim

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Think @chad was talking about this one day. I have one from sears , but think this looks to be more solid.

Yeah, the folding stand is on my list. I like my Ridgid MSUV but it is a space hog in the trailer.

I have that Ridgid too and it has been slowly falling apart. The big wheels and ability to hold the saw on standing up is good. Nice height too but the wings are lousy.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie

The big wheels and ability to hold the saw on standing up is good. Nice height too but the wings are lousy.

I have the PC GRS, which the wells are big enough for rough terain, but the estensions also are not as good as I’d like.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have a Wolfcraft stand, and it’s not too bad at all. The only problem is the saw that was on it is sold the the 12″ Glide is on a bench in the shop so I don’t need one any more.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I have a crappy old stand that one of the wheels is busted and I can’t find a replacemt for, so I’m still looking at my options for it. Don’t want to spend a lot of money as the saw is super old, but I do still use it on occasion rather than drag out my Kapex.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

My Bosch Folding Miter Saw Stand Review

great review TopNotch – enjoyed reading it.
    I looked at that stand myself but later on I decided to get the T4B in combination with the GCM12SD – might works better.
    If I ever get a smaller miter saw, then I would pick this stand and give it a try.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Yea, that was a great review.

I finally had the time to set up the folding Bosch Miter Saw stand, Model GTA3800.

This link in the opening post of this thread is giving me a ‘Page Not Found’ on the Bosch website.

The hyperlink should point here….

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/miter-saw-stands-gta3800-34548-p/

@kevin6

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Think @chad was talking about this one day. I have one from sears , but think this looks to be more solid.

Yeah, the folding stand is on my list. I like my Ridgid MSUV but it is a space hog in the trailer.

I would have it already but I can never see it at the local stores. Nobody stocks it.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thanks guys. I have never encountered one in a store either. I think if they were on display along side the other brands it would sell itself.

Im glad BTP has the option here.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks guys. I have never encountered one in a store either. I think if they were on display along side the other brands it would sell itself.

Bosch in the stores is almost non-existent except for a few popular tools like drills, drivers and circular saws. The amount of shelf space dedicated to Bosch in the big box stores is small compared to other brands. If you want Bosch the best option is internet sales.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

My gta3800 stand with cm10gd and gts1031 table saw with gt500 stand for the table saw

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Here is my gta3800 stand with cm10gd mitersaw

Doobie

Bosch in the stores is almost non-existent except for a few popular tools like drills, drivers and circular saws. The amount of shelf space dedicated to Bosch in the big box stores is small compared to other brands. If you want Bosch the best option is internet sales.

Lowes up here carries a lot more than what you describe. So does another BB chain up here called Rona.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

</blockquote

Have you added any custom stuff to the set up? I was thinking of making a wood platform and back stop that could drop down in between the saw and the out feed. Nothing permanent, just laid in or lifted out.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

</blockquote

Have you added any custom stuff to the set up? I was thinking of making a wood platform and back stop that could drop down in between the saw and the out feed. Nothing permanent, just laid in or lifted out.

Great review TN, after reading your experience with the Bosch, I should probably upgrade my old Scrappy Tire stand,
    It looks good in the pictures,

@Masterbosch
    your setup looks good.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

That’s one of the setup I also I have a not her setup with bosch 5312miter saw with reaxx I’m gonna get the t4b gravityrise stand for the other mitersaw @topnotch I didn’t do anything custom to it. if you do it send us the pictures maybe I will

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m gonna get the t4b gravityrise stand for the other mitersaw

The guys here with the gravity rise stands really like them. Bosch has a real winner there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I’m liking that stand more and more. Thanks for the pic! 🙂

Nice review … I have my new saw set up on my old stand which will do for now but I do intend to buy the custom one (Bosch) for it sometime in the future.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

Nice review … I have my new saw set up on my old stand which will do for now but I do intend to buy the custom one (Bosch) for it sometime in the future.

Same situation here, but I’m leaning towards the T4B gravity rise stand for my old chop saw. The old stand it’s on now has a busted wheel and I can’t seem to find a replacement for it. It’s also not an easier to deal with scissor style gravity rise.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have a crappy old stand that one of the wheels is busted and I can’t find a replacemt for, so I’m still looking at my options for it. Don’t want to spend a lot of money as the saw is super old, but I do still use it on occasion rather than drag out my Kapex.

You can probably bolt a inline skate wheel on there, those are pretty cheap even new.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.650 seconds