dcsimg

Bosch miter saw stand – sturdy and folds slim

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

My Bosch Folding Miter Saw Stand Review

The folding Bosch Miter Saw Stand works with my Makita Miter Saw with some effort

The folding Bosch Miter Saw Stand - folded detail with rollers.I finally had the time to set up the folding Bosch Miter Saw stand, Model GTA3800. I’d like to review a few of the finer details of this miter saw stand that professional remodellers and carpenters may find useful – or not.

The Bosch Miter Saw stand is really well made and an excellent stand for a miter saw.  You get that sense of durability immediately when handling it. The product details note the size of course but its deceiving because it folds up slim and sleek then spreads out when ready to use. When set up, the stand is wider than I thought it would be at 5ft before extending the wings then it goes to 16ft. During transport the Bosch Miter Saw stand has wheels on one end that allow the user to tow the stand around the site with or without the saw attached. Another nice feature I didn’t pick up on right away is the leg leveler. Once on the ground, one of the four legs has an adjustable foot that will screw up or down to counter uneven work surfaces.

Bosch Miter Saw Stand Extensions are Sturdy and Handy

The Bosch Miter Saw Stand with miter saw mounted and extensions.The extensions have rollers and stops built in that you can detach if you want. A hand knob tightens or releases the wings. I wasn’t expecting much with these because my current stand has them and they are flimsy. The extension tubes are a heavier gauge than the stand I use and as a result it has almost zero wobble to them once spread out and anchored. The stops are tool-less.  Once set up, you pull up to position or push down via spring action to retract. For the few times you need to tweak a set up preference, the Bosch Miter Saw stand provides the tool you will need. A hex wrench with Allen key. The wrench self-stores in the handle underneath.

The Bosch Miter Saw Stand in Action

Placing the saw on the Bosch Miter Saw stand is fast and easy. Like most stands you will find the saw mounting base has a unique design to fit the shape of stand. Your most likely going to dedicate a saw to them like I do since you bolt Bosch Miter Saw Stand GTA3800.your saw to the base. With the saw attached you approach the stand and place it in position by tilting the saw down. Sort of like hooking the front of the base onto the stand and dropping the back down flat. Its safe in this position but you will be anchoring the saw down by tension knobs in front that clamp the base down.

I was a little concerned that the brochure that came with the Bosch Miter Saw stand didn’t list the particular saw I intend to use it with.  Miter saws don’t all come with straight bases. The saw I wanted to use has a curved on the base. The mounting brace is wide with fixed rear anchor points. The ability to be universal comes from a sliding front bracket with two anchor hole options. The pivoting action allows many miter saw anchoring positions.

Once again it was a relief to find that Bosch thought about everything when they put together this quality Miter Saw stand.

Thank you BTP, Jim and Bosch

For more information, click here.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Great review, eventually i may need to get one as well, as much as i like the gravity lift, it does take up a bit of space. This would fold up neatly out of the way.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the review. I like the adjustable leg feature to accommodate rough ground; didn’t know it had that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I finally had the time to set up the Bosch folding MS stand. Model GTA3800.

Looks like a really nice stand. I probably need to get one for my miter saw. Thank you for the review.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great Review, It looks like a solid stand. Very similar to the Dewalt but the end support assemblies look like they are much better and the wheels are a nice touch also that the Dewalt does not have. The adjustable foot is a nice addition over the Dewalt also.

Doobie

Thanks for the review. Do you find the wheels to be too small for uneven or over grass terain?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Nice review. I would like to see this in person. We have the gravity rise stand it’s nice but it takes up a bit of room.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thanks for the review. Do you find the wheels to be too small for uneven or over grass terain?

I wouldn’t plan on using the wheels too much in the exterior it definitely needs hardwood floors or concrete some kind of solid surface.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

ThanX for the review. Definitely a lot more compact than the T4B.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

How heavy is the stand? I’m thinking maybe I should’ve gotten this one over the T4B, it’s almost as heavy as the 12″ glider.

How heavy is the stand? I’m thinking maybe I should’ve gotten this one over the T4B, it’s almost as heavy as the 12″ glider.

I feel your pain. Really liked my T4b until I seen this one

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Acording to spec the weight is

According to the spec’s 34 lbs. It feels every bit of it too. Heavy I still have a Dewalt CSM DW708 that still serves it purpose at 70 lbs by itself. When it goes I will go try the Bosch axial glide. I saw it in the store. Different with great reviews.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Think @Chad was talking about this one day. I have one from sears , but think this looks to be more solid.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The wheels on the gravity rise are horrible on uneven terrain/grass. They are mounted too low and the frame of the stand drags the ground. I have to imagine that this one is worse considering that the wheels are smaller.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

The wheels on the gravity rise are horrible on uneven terrain/grass. They are mounted too low and the frame of the stand drags the ground. I have to imagine that this one is worse considering that the wheels are smaller.

Didn’t know that. I was thinking of getting one of the two, but I primarily need it for going to and from the shop to where I’d be working outside at the time.

Didn’t know that. I was thinking of getting one of the two, but I primarily need it for going to and from the shop to where I’d be working outside at the time.

If you have the room, the T4b is easy to raise and lower. It rolls relatively well over a yard.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Think @chad was talking about this one day. I have one from sears , but think this looks to be more solid.

Yeah, the folding stand is on my list. I like my Ridgid MSUV but it is a space hog in the trailer.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It’s okay…but given the that the wheels are 6″ high or so, you’d think it could roll over things a bit better than it does. It seems like small scraps are always getting wedged under the crossbar between the wheels. As I said above, that bar is too low to the ground and bangs into everything.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I have always liked the dewalt stand that is similar to this one and was thinking that when I need a stand I was going to get the dewalt but after seeing this one I may rethink that.

Doobie

If you have the room, the T4b is easy to raise and lower. It rolls relatively well over a yard.

I should maybe go check one out more closely at Lowes next time I’m there. They don’t have the folding stand, just the T4B IIRC.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.678 seconds