dcsimg

bosch launching a flesh detecting tablesaw

Viewing 14 posts - 761 through 774 (of 774 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I love the fact in the east coast you guys have it in Rona, in Toronto there aren’t any in the road I’ve hit so far. I wonder if they are doing huge sales for Canada day.

woodman_412

I love the fact in the east coast you guys have it in Rona, in Toronto there aren’t any in the road I’ve hit so far. I wonder if they are doing huge sales for Canada day.

That’s pretty much the only thing I shop at Rona for is Bosch stuff since they have the biggest selection of all the home centers around here. Like I said I was super surprised to see the REAXX saw at this store since it’s not a big store and isn’t in the city. They have the saw sitting up on a platform so you can’t really try out the gravity rise stand which was disappointing.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I went back to Rona today and took a closer look at the REAXX saw. The action on the fence is really nice, smooth and locks solid. The outfeed bar on the back of the saw would be really handy. The throat plate locks in place without tools which is a great feature, my DeWalt requires a screw driver which is a pain. Raising and lowering the blade is smooth and fairly quick. I like the little pocket that the push stick fits in on the front of the saw, keeps it close and avoids losing it. Seems like a really nice saw, I’d love to have a chance to fire it up.

I think that’s one thing that a lot of people don’t realize about the Reaxx. While it’s built on the foundation of the 4100, there are so many upgrades to it, it is a very different saw when you add it all up. It’s not just a 4100 with the blade retraction technology added to it. It’s a lot more.

Did you see if for $1999 Dan?

If anyone gets a chance to take a photo of the REAXX, can you guys take a photo with the throat plate off and one more of where the arbor is? I’m curious about the improved dust collection on it, given that it sounds like the REAXX improves on a lot of things that bother me about the 4100.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

If anyone gets a chance to take a photo of the REAXX, can you guys take a photo with the throat plate off and one more of where the arbor is? I’m curious about the improved dust collection on it, given that it sounds like the REAXX improves on a lot of things that bother me about the 4100.

This is the best I can do. I took this photo when I was last at atlas machinery .

woodman_412

I went back to Rona today and took a closer look at the REAXX saw. The action on the fence is really nice, smooth and locks solid. The outfeed bar on the back of the saw would be really handy. The throat plate locks in place without tools which is a great feature, my DeWalt requires a screw driver which is a pain. Raising and lowering the blade is smooth and fairly quick. I like the little pocket that the push stick fits in on the front of the saw, keeps it close and avoids losing it. Seems like a really nice saw, I’d love to have a chance to fire it up.

I think that’s one thing that a lot of people don’t realize about the Reaxx. While it’s built on the foundation of the 4100, there are so many upgrades to it, it is a very different saw when you add it all up. It’s not just a 4100 with the blade retraction technology added to it. It’s a lot more.

Yeah that was the price that Rona is selling it for Kevin which is the same price that Atlas has it listed for. I haven’t seen it for any different price yet.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Looks similar to the 4100 on the inside. There is still that gaping hole on the side. The Dewalt 60v has a piece of kevlar or something like that there.

@r-ice

Thanks, is there anything on the right side at all like a transparent piece of plastic? Also did you get to see what the left side looks like when the motor is in the lowered position?

Doobie

Yeah that was the price that Rona is selling it for Kevin which is the same price that Atlas has it listed for. I haven’t seen it for any different price yet.

The press release had it originally priced at $1699 for here in Canada.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man it will be interesting to see after a year or 2 now these saw work out and if any of them get tripped and the savings from teck in them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The press release had it originally priced at $1699 for here in Canada.

yah but rona is king of having deals, so i am waiting for them to do blow outs when it comes to Canada day or any other holiday. I wonder what they will have it later in the year when it gets close to boxing day sales or even black friday sales.

@r-ice

Thanks, is there anything on the right side at all like a transparent piece of plastic? Also did you get to see what the left side looks like when the motor is in the lowered position?

next time i am there i’ll take a better photo but no it has been a while i don’t remember what was on the right side.

Doobie

yah but rona is king of having deals, so i am waiting for them to do blow outs when it comes to Canada day or any other holiday. I wonder what they will have it later in the year when it gets close to boxing day sales or even black friday sales.

Once Lowes has them, you can at least wait til they have a ‘save the tax’ sale or the ‘friends and family’ sale. They have them fairly often.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s been 5 business days since I order it from cpo outlets they still didn’t ship it yet im gonna call them tomorrow to curse them out what a joke

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s been 5 business days since I order it from cpo outlets they still didn’t ship it yet im gonna call them tomorrow to curse them out what a joke

wow thats kidna ridiculous. Guess its factory shipped or from one of bosch’s warehouse’s. let us know what they gonna tell you…

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 14 posts - 761 through 774 (of 774 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.397 seconds