dcsimg

bosch launching a flesh detecting tablesaw

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 774 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

HD vs Lowes, of the two I like HD better. They just seem better laid out and with a better selection. Lowes started out as a home decor store and then decided to copy HD’s business model and they have not caught up yet.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

A pretty big table saw shoot out came out today by pro tool reviews, I skimmed through it but will read it better later

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/best-portable-jobsite-table-saw-shootout/24024/

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

A pretty big table saw shoot out came out today by pro tool reviews, I skimmed through it but will read it better later

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/best-portable-jobsite-table-saw-shootout/24024/

No surprise that the Bosch saws did well, but I was surprised that the SawStop got the best overall rating. They preferred the Reaxx flesh detection system over the SawStop system. So does that mean that flesh detection aside, they think the SawStop is a better table saw than the Bosch? Seems odd.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

No surprise that the Bosch saws did well, but I was surprised that the SawStop got the best overall rating. They preferred the Reaxx flesh detection system over the SawStop system. So does that mean that flesh detection aside, they think the SawStop is a better table saw than the Bosch? Seems odd.

I was surprised by that too. I was really surprised that they said the best fence was the ss. I would think that that would have gone to the reaxx. I saw a video of a bosch rep talking about their fence and how it had some notable advantages over the ss. Also the old 4100 fence has always been praised in every review I have ever read and the reaxx is a 4100 fence on steroids.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Reflector wrote:
    Did Bosch delete the left side extending support on the REAXX design? I haven’t seen any releases on a left side extension similar to the 4100.
    I think it’s an option. I am pretty sure I saw that arm somewhere that you can buy.

Correct, you can still add the left side extension. The outfeed extension comes from the factory with the Reaxx though, unlike the 4100.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So who is the winner??

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So does that mean that flesh detection aside, they think the SawStop is a better table saw than the Bosch?

Looks that way.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was surprised by that too. I was really surprised that they said the best fence was the ss. I would think that that would have gone to the reaxx. I saw a video of a bosch rep talking about their fence and how it had some notable advantages over the ss. Also the old 4100 fence has always been praised in every review I have ever read and the reaxx is a 4100 fence on steroids.

i am kinda surprised they ranked the fence of the sawstop and ryobi over the bosch. I got to play with the fence on the reaxx and it seemed to me that it was a really good fence and could be better than the one i got to see at leevalleys.

woodman_412

That’s a really interesting comparison between the saws with a lot of good info. It looks like the fence on the SS locks on the front only which I can see why they like that system better. I’ve always been a fan of front locking fences since they tend to be more accurate as long as they are solid. I would take the REAXX though if for no other reason than the fact it doesn’t destroy your blade.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This stuff is all based on advertising dollars!!! Don’t take it to heart.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

In all fairness, they do list the perceived advantages with each model, then rate them based on their own priorities.

The front locking fence has an advantage, yes, but there are other good, reliable fences. The blade destruction and cost of reset are major weaknesses and would have put SS in second place IMO.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

woodman_412

In all fairness, they do list the perceived advantages with each model, then rate them based on their own priorities.

The front locking fence has an advantage, yes, but there are other good, reliable fences. The blade destruction and cost of reset are major weaknesses and would have put SS in second place IMO.

I agree. Even if the SS has a slight advantage in the fence design I would take not having my blade destroyed hands down. I played with the fence on the REAXX briefly the other day and it felt really nice. I’m going to have to stop in again when I have a few minutes to spare and play around with the REAXX some more and get some more thoughts on it.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

This stuff is all based on advertising dollars!!! Don’t take it to heart.

That’s how most reviews are. That’s why I like instagram and this site. You get to talk to normal people who don’t get paid.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think as the Reaxx gets out in the real world and more people use it then the word will start to spread. The SS was first so it has more people using it but the Bosch technology will win out in the end kinda like Betamax vs VHS.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve tried the fence on the Sawstop and I didn’t like the locking mechanism myself. Found it unnatural and awkward compare to the lever mechanism on the 4100. I didn’t like the quick blade raising capability but I am sure other people do. It doesn’t let me fine adjust the height.

There’s definitely bias like DirtyWhiteBoy said.

Doobie

HD vs Lowes, of the two I like HD better. They just seem better laid out and with a better selection. Lowes started out as a home decor store and then decided to copy HD’s business model and they have not caught up yet.

I’d agree with that observation. One thing that was telling though was HD up here never sold appliances until Lowes decided to open up shop here in Canada almost 20 years after HD first opened up here.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve watched as many of the videos on this saw as I can, and as far as I can figure out, it senses skin from electrical sensors that flow a very low voltage through the blade. I feel like this is Bosch’s MO – look at the technologies around and see what’s gone right and wrong, beef up the good stuff and fix the problems. I love it.

Charlie

Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Austin i agree with you, thats why i love being here and on instagram, you can ask actual people whom have used the equipment what they thought about the particular item you were looking at. I find that magazines and some youtube reviewers, don’t give bad reviews.

woodman_412

I went back to Rona today and took a closer look at the REAXX saw. The action on the fence is really nice, smooth and locks solid. The outfeed bar on the back of the saw would be really handy. The throat plate locks in place without tools which is a great feature, my DeWalt requires a screw driver which is a pain. Raising and lowering the blade is smooth and fairly quick. I like the little pocket that the push stick fits in on the front of the saw, keeps it close and avoids losing it. Seems like a really nice saw, I’d love to have a chance to fire it up.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I went back to Rona today and took a closer look at the REAXX saw.

Now that they are out you can play around with it at the store and discover all the features. I predict this technology will win out over SS.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 774 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.482 seconds