dcsimg

bosch launching a flesh detecting tablesaw

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 774 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

That sounds really cool. The fact that it doesn’t destroy the blade is huge compared to Saw Stop. It would be really nice to see Bosch come out with stationary saws with this technology to compete with Saw Stop too.

Dan

danpattison.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That sounds really cool. The fact that it doesn’t destroy the blade is huge compared to Saw Stop. It would be really nice to see Bosch come out with stationary saws with this technology to compete with Saw Stop too.

I would guess that if the Technology is a hit, they would roll it out on larger saws or license it to someone who does larger saws

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is the scoop. an actual review!

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/bosch-reaxx-table-saw-gts1041a-preview/14811/

That is just awesome.

Sorry for your luck, Sawstop. Its interesting that it was debuted at the World of Concrete, but at least to my knowledge, there hasn’t been a peep about it. Strange.

It’s also interesting that they describe it as built on the 4100 platform, yet the model is GTS1041. That would seem to me to indicate it being more in line with the current GTS1031 than the larger 4100 counterpart. If it’s going to be similar to the 4100, that was a bit of an odd choice for a model number.

All in all, this is an awesome development.

The platform in the photo is a 4100 so u would guess that will be the platform they use. I would be interested to know what the replacement cartridges cost.

It is great that Bosch is able to leverage technology from their other business units to improve their saws. That is a great use of resources and a sign of a great company.

woodman_412

I would guess that if the Technology is a hit, they would roll it out on larger saws or license it to someone who does larger saws

Yeah I suppose licencing it would be an option too. I wonder who they would partner up with if they went that route for larger saws.

Dan

danpattison.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yeah I suppose licencing it would be an option too. I wonder who they would partner up with if they went that route for larger saws.

My guess would be someone like Jet / Powermatic. They don’t really compete on any product lines. Jet /Powermatic is basically only stationary tools that Bosch does not make. I love would guess they could adapt the technology to bandsaws and other tools also.

My hands are equipped with blade sensing technology.

Hahahah, thats good

Would be some neat technology

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im looking forward to seeing this thing and exactly how it works.. i wonder what the price point will be

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

i wonder what the price point will be

I think that’s going to be the crucial component. I hope it’s cheap, well reasonable. I always thought the sawstop was over priced.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

staker
    Pro

Will be interesting to see the price tag, Look like better breaking retracting the blade than sawstop. Be good to see reviews once it gets some use.

here is the scoop. an actual review!

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/bosch-reaxx-table-saw-gts1041a-preview/14811/

It is very impressive that the technology does not destroy the blade. Glad to see Bosch coming out with more innovative stuff!

John S

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like a great saw. Great Bosch designed there own product and left saw stop in the dust. I too hope the saw is still at a good price point.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

KenW
    Pro

Hope technology like this will become universal. Keep alot of people from doing serious accidental damage to themselves.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Sounds like a great saw. Great Bosch designed there own product and left saw stop in the dust. I too hope the saw is still at a good price point.

The price point will be the key. It will be interesting to see. I think the Pricing and the heavy handed tactics that Saw Stop has used have slowed it’s entry and acceptance in the market

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Also, I think bosch will license the tech. All the cabinet saw companies could jump on board and put the hurt on saw stop.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Just imagine the hurt on Saw Stop if all of the other companies were producing saws with blade retracting technology at a similar or better quality and a better price point. Bye Bye.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It also said after it happens 25 times you must take the saw in for maintenance, Well LOL…….If you trip the thing 25 times perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you’re using it LOL

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I thought the same thing, but why not 24 or 26, the actuators come in 2 packs so an even number of finger fouls would make more sense.

If you can’t figure out what you did wrong after the first or second time, you should be allowed to operate the saw. I like what Bosch is doing. Coming from an insurance background, as this type of technology becomes common, I can see insurance carriers strongly encouraging companies to use it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

It also said after it happens 25 times you must take the saw in for maintenance, Well LOL…….If you trip the thing 25 times perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you’re using it LOL

correction. if it happens 25 times on the same saw.. dont let that bozo use the saw anymore

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

redwood
    Pro

Yeah, anyone who sticks their finger in the saw 24 times, the 25th time should be their brain.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 774 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.448 seconds