dcsimg

bosch launching a flesh detecting tablesaw

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 774 total)
  • Author
    gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I just read a blurb in the new wood magazine that bosch is launching a flesh detecting table saw, due out this fall. Apparently, the blade instantly drops if touched by flesh, and each cartridge can be used twice, at a replacement cost of about $100. Good to see some competition for sawstop. Are any of you using the saw stop saws? Anyone saved a finger with the technology? Would you buy the new bosch? I still can’t wrap my head around how it can sense flesh over wood, but it must work. The bosch is called ‘reaxx’, and is $1500 for a 10″ 110v jobsite saw.

On my facebook feed toolboxbuzz.com talks about the Bosch REAXX, the new table saw with flesh-sensing technology table saw with airbag technology.  Looks like it already getting a REAXX – action from the woodworking community.

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just Googled it, and no surprise, an NPR article comes up first.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh wow, I wonder how they ended up getting into that with all the lawsuits and stuff with that other brand. I couldn’t find it on FB but what’s with an airbag?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Our own Robert Robillard announced it on Concord Carpenter also. He indicated more details are to come out the end of the week.

Wonder if they are they licensing the SawStop technology or did they come up with something new.

RyanF
    Pro

Oh wow, I wonder how they ended up getting into that with all the lawsuits and stuff with that other brand. I couldn’t find it on FB but what’s with an airbag?

That is a curious one. Maybe since sawstop works only through contact with the blade (still producing an injury, though obviously a much more minor one), an airbag could be designed to deploy via a sensor if it detects flesh at a set (small) distance from the blade.

Very interested in the details of this one.

Wonder if they are they licensing the SawStop technology or did they come up with something new.

I hope they designed something different .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Should be a cool development. Always nice to see more competition. I wonder if it will transfer over to other equipment.

and then there’s the added cost.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

will be interesting to see how this pans out for sure

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Im not interested in feeding my table saw hot dog wieners :-)Im sure the price will be much higher too .

Wondering if it’s going to replace one of there other models . And just sell this newer version

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Interesting, I”ll be following this.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Good news for sure. Any advance in making tools safer is all right by me. Glad Bosch is there!

From that review it seems it will be a hit .

RyanF
    Pro

here is the scoop. an actual review!

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/bosch-reaxx-table-saw-gts1041a-preview/14811/

That is just awesome.

Sorry for your luck, Sawstop. Its interesting that it was debuted at the World of Concrete, but at least to my knowledge, there hasn’t been a peep about it. Strange.

It’s also interesting that they describe it as built on the 4100 platform, yet the model is GTS1041. That would seem to me to indicate it being more in line with the current GTS1031 than the larger 4100 counterpart. If it’s going to be similar to the 4100, that was a bit of an odd choice for a model number.

All in all, this is an awesome development.

redwood
    Pro

This does sound positive. I hope that Takata isn’t making the airbags.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

monman1
    Pro

It’s nice that does’t destroy the blade.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

My hands are equipped with blade sensing technology.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 774 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.336 seconds