dcsimg

Bosch L-Boxx

Viewing 9 posts - 1,001 through 1,009 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

Anyone else do that?

lol I had a list of things I wanted to get eventually, but never worried too much about the bang for my buck.

I don’t think I would either if I lived in the states, but some things are disproportionately expensive up here, so the best use of points.

The router table example is a good one. At best price, it is about the same as the best sale I’ve seen for the 4100 TS with gravity, but in points, it costs less than a third as much. Huge difference. Batteries are $100 a pop, so buying a drill with two was cheaper, but at 25k points, we can easily accumulate enough for a spare or two.

In either case, it is a hell of an incentive to contribute, and such a great community that I keep posting long after I stop getting points for the day (maxed out a few hours ago today, for example)

Sounds like too much thinking to me. I just choose the tools I’d like to try out. The more i use the Bosch Tools the more I like them, the more I buy outright.

That too. I end up buying a lot of them….. too many really

Not everything, but close. I found I could do a copy paste of each table into excel, but could not do the whole page because of all the section breaks. So, any table that has at least one thing interesting got copied over.

Once that was done, I created a column called best price found and I put the before tax amount. Then another column where I divide the price in dollars by the points value. Since the dollar per point value is small, I multiply everything by 1000 and get a dollar per thousand points value, which is usually between 1 and 3 dollars per thousand, with a few really good exceptions. Formula in Excel is =(cell with dollars in it)/(cell with points in it/1000)

Haha you are dedicated. I have some ideas which ones are better value but never done the calculation. The DDS182 and PS22 kit seems pretty high, how do they figure in your spreadsheet?

Didnt shop around for best price, bug against amazon.ca, the PS22 is at $2.75/1000 and the DDS182 is at $3/1000. About the same

Here I was, thinking I was the only one creating a spread sheet of “wants” 😀
    Only problem is, I haven’t the time to be on here much and it would take me years to get what I’d like off the list. Oh well it is what it is.

Frank, I was having a hard time keeping track of what I wanted and how many points were needed to get it. My spreadsheet has my orders and my wish list on one tab and what I’m currently saving for on another.

Once Jim says my order was placed I move what I ordered to my order sheet so I know if it hasn’t come in yet.

I also have current Amazon or HD prices next to the items so I know how much the redemptions approximate costs are. I don’t go looking for bang for the points but just use the spreadsheet to keep track of what I ordered and what I want.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m still beating up my L-boxx3 on site and taking it on the stage daily. It’s great to putting my full face respirator, hand tools, cell phone etc in when chipping brick out.

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m still beating up my L-boxx3 on site and taking it on the stage daily. It’s great to putting my full face respirator, hand tools, cell phone etc in when chipping brick out.

You get some real milage out of that boxx, I’m impressed

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

we haven’t really seen any new photos of where it’s been.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Anyone else do that? So far, the router table is showing best Canadian value (of the things I want) at about $4 of value for each 1000 points

A spread sheet?? Really??
    I go for em one at a time.

Sounds like too much thinking to me.

Way too much thinking going into it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Broken

Viewing 9 posts - 1,001 through 1,009 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘Bosch L-Boxx’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.773 seconds