dcsimg

Bosch L-Boxx

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

…so who is going to be the first to make a wooden l-boxx?

http://www.bm-online.de/inspiration/projekte-wettbewerbe/praktisch-fuer-die-ewigkeit/

You ?

lol I might be crazy enough… I would probably do an l-rack-s or i-boxx before I did an L-boxx though…. scratch that, nothing of that sort will be done by me – I’d rather make other things lol

still, it is an impressive work

John S

That wooden Systainer is nice! I would not make something like that. I do like the trays they made. Want to make something for my L-Boxxes to double layer a L-Boxx 3 or 4.

woodman_412

That wooden systainer is pretty cool. Certainly not a practical project as far as an option to the real thing but very cool all the same. I think it’s more of a look what I can do sort of project.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Interesting ideas but nothing seems earth-shaking. Personally I would want a larger surface to work on.

its true a larger work space is generally what you want but in a pinch this would be awesome.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Just finished sending Jim an email to redeem for two L-boxx4’s. I feel like this is the start of a nice new collection for me. After seeing some of the towers of boxxes here I was pretty impressed.

Just finished sending Jim an email to redeem for two L-boxx4’s. I feel like this is the start of a nice new collection for me. After seeing some of the towers of boxxes here I was pretty impressed.

I really like the ones I have. They are really useful for storing things. Not just for tool storage. I like them because they are not tapered and don’t waste space and the ability to stack and lock with each other makes them leaps and bounds better than a standard box.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really like the ones I have. They are really useful for storing things. Not just for tool storage. I like them because they are not tapered and don’t waste space and the ability to stack and lock with each other makes them leaps and bounds better than a standard box.

The Lbox 3 & 4’s are tapered, Actually they all are but hardly noticeable till the 3 & 4

The problem with using L-Boxxes for general storage at home is you have to compare the benefit to a stacking blue rubbermaid. I was going to put my plumbing (pvc fittings, PEX stuff) and electrical stuff (wires, outlets, switches) in L4s, and the tools themselves in a single L1 or L2, and realized that since those two Lboxxes would just be on a shelf in the furnace room anyways, it was a waste of a BOXX.

Now, if I ever find myself with points to blow and nothing on the wishlist, maybe that would change.

The Lbox 3 & 4’s are tapered, Actually they all are but hardly noticeable till the 3 & 4

True. But the taper is almost negligible. Compared to the stuff I was using before, it’s almost flat. Some of the boxes I used in the past had a 1″ difference in perimeter from top to bottom.

The problem with using L-Boxxes for general storage at home is you have to compare the benefit to a stacking blue rubbermaid. I was going to put my plumbing (pvc fittings, PEX stuff) and electrical stuff (wires, outlets, switches) in L4s, and the tools themselves in a single L1 or L2, and realized that since those two Lboxxes would just be on a shelf in the furnace room anyways, it was a waste of a BOXX.

Now, if I ever find myself with points to blow and nothing on the wishlist, maybe that would change.

I used to love those blue Rubbermaid Roughneck containers but they cannot handle a lot of weight on top of each other. I’ve actually had some lids crack because of the weight. Not a problem with the L-Boxxes.

I still use the Roughnecks as they are good general storage containers but for heavy stuff I’m using my L-Boxxes.

I initially joined looking for information on L-Boxxes so getting them from the prize list was a great benefit. My first seven orders were all L-Boxx related.

I don’t find them a waste of points.

True. But the taper is almost negligible. Compared to the stuff I was using before, it’s almost flat. Some of the boxes I used in the past had a 1″ difference in perimeter from top to bottom.

I used to love those blue Rubbermaid Roughneck containers but they cannot handle a lot of weight on top of each other. I’ve actually had some lids crack because of the weight. Not a problem with the L-Boxxes.

I still use the Roughnecks as they are good general storage containers but for heavy stuff I’m using my L-Boxxes.

I initially joined looking for information on L-Boxxes so getting them from the prize list was a great benefit. My first seven orders were all L-Boxx related.

I don’t find them a waste of points.

Actually neither do I – they are awesome. I mean that I would “waste” points on them to replace rubbermaids for Christmas decorations, and cheap PVC plumbing fixtures – stuff like that. Storing $5 of (not sentimental) stuff in an Lboxx is a waste of money, but I would do it if I ever have points to burn (never happening with that nice fat list though)

Actually neither do I – they are awesome. I mean that I would “waste” points on them to replace rubbermaids for Christmas decorations, and cheap PVC plumbing fixtures – stuff like that. Storing $5 of (not sentimental) stuff in an Lboxx is a waste of money, but I would do it if I ever have points to burn (never happening with that nice fat list though)

HAHAHA, wonder if we’ll ever have enough points to burn. There’s so many things on my wish list I had to use a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

I’m L-boxxed out so I’m concentrating on getting some nice tools.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agree, I did tools before boxes for sure. I’ll figure out how to store them later, Although I eventually did order 2 Lboxes. The Lbox-1A and the 3D with a couple 72-10’s as nothing on the list comes with them. I HAD to have the 3D just to see what it’s all about LOL, Those are super cool. Then I ordered up a couple extra 72-10’s for electrical kits in all my rigs

HAHAHA, wonder if we’ll ever have enough points to burn. There’s so many things on my wish list I had to use a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

Now yer thinking 🙂

I posted briefly about these in the inside l-boxx thread, but it makes more sense here. I really like the WorkMo things I have seen, and it looks like it was a new development in March 2015, so pretty new (at least, new to me)

http://www.sortimo.com/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo-international/documents/WorkMo_ENG.pdf

John S

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@MaukaRunner
    Here I was, thinking I was the only one creating a spread sheet of “wants” 😀
    Only problem is, I haven’t the time to be on here much and it would take me years to get what I’d like off the list. Oh well it is what it is.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

HAHAHA, wonder if we’ll ever have enough points to burn. There’s so many things on my wish list I had to use a <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>spreadsheet to keep track of them.

@MaukaRunner,
    Only problem is, I haven’t the time to be on here much and it would take me years to get what I’d like off the list. Oh well it is what it is.

I actually have a spreadsheet with the best price I’ve found next to the point totals, showing the dollars per point value. That way, assuming I buy everything I don’t have points for (of those I would get anyways, not just stuff I want) I get the best bang for my buck

Anyone else do that? So far, the router table is showing best Canadian value (of the things I want) at about $4 of value for each 1000 points

HAHAHA, wonder if we’ll ever have enough points to burn. There’s so many things on my wish list I had to use a <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>spreadsheet to keep track of them.

@MaukaRunner,

I actually have a spreadsheet with the best price I’ve found next to the point totals, showing the dollars per point value. That way, assuming I buy everything I don’t have points for (of those I would get anyways, not just stuff I want) I get the best bang for my buck

Anyone else do that? So far, the router table is showing best Canadian value (of the things I want) at about $4 of value for each 1000 points

That sounds like a great plan, did you make the spread sheet for all the tools and things in the rewards list ?

@MaukaRunner,

That sounds like a great plan, did you make the spread sheet for all the tools and things in the rewards list ?

Not everything, but close. I found I could do a copy paste of each table into excel, but could not do the whole page because of all the section breaks. So, any table that has at least one thing interesting got copied over.

Once that was done, I created a column called best price found and I put the before tax amount. Then another column where I divide the price in dollars by the points value. Since the dollar per point value is small, I multiply everything by 1000 and get a dollar per thousand points value, which is usually between 1 and 3 dollars per thousand, with a few really good exceptions. Formula in Excel is =(cell with dollars in it)/(cell with points in it/1000)

Anyone else do that?

lol I had a list of things I wanted to get eventually, but never worried too much about the bang for my buck.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sounds like too much thinking to me. I just choose the tools I’d like to try out. The more i use the Bosch Tools the more I like them, the more I buy outright.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Not everything, but close. I found I could do a copy paste of each table into excel, but could not do the whole page because of all the section breaks. So, any table that has at least one thing interesting got copied over.

Once that was done, I created a column called best price found and I put the before tax amount. Then another column where I divide the price in dollars by the points value. Since the dollar per point value is small, I multiply everything by 1000 and get a dollar per thousand points value, which is usually between 1 and 3 dollars per thousand, with a few really good exceptions. Formula in Excel is =(cell with dollars in it)/(cell with points in it/1000)

Haha you are dedicated. I have some ideas which ones are better value but never done the calculation. The DDS182 and PS22 kit seems pretty high, how do they figure in your spreadsheet?

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘Bosch L-Boxx’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.955 seconds