dcsimg

Bosch L-Boxx

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

On CT, a member posted some pics of a tough box being divided up with plywood. It was done for smaller hand tools, not power tools.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

Does anyone use l-boxxes without a cart of some kind? I was thinking through using the system today and figured they wouldn’t really help me much without a cart of some kind since they would be quite heavy if you clipped them all together and tried to carry them. If I have to carry them separately then I might as well just use the standard cases that I have. Any thoughts?

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

There is always a cheap furniture dolly Dan.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

kzcarp
    Pro

C’mon Dan, the guy who can come up with that tablesaw stand has to be able to come up with his own dolly for l-boxes.
    You can do it !
    Don’t forget to post the plans when you’re done.

kevin

woodman_412

Oh I would have no trouble coming up with a cart, I could even use my standard hand truck that I use for moving cabinet carcasses. I was just curious if anyone moves their l-boxxes around without a cart and if they still find them helpful without a cart.

Lee Valley sells a cart that looks very similar to the l-cart.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=46460&cat=1,43456,43391

Dan

danpattison.com

haha I don’t know how you manage to pull out all this leevalley insight out of nowhere Dan… it is amazing, haha!

I would imagine it is not a super helpful system without a cart unless you only wanted to use just a handful of not-super-heavy lboxx 1s and 2s

John S

woodman_412

Well it’s partly because I used to work there and partly because that’s where I buy a lot of things from so I usually know what they sell 🙂

Yeah that’s what I figured John, without a cart you’re basically back to carrying a few cases at a time the same as standard power tool cases. I think for now I’m going to stick with my standard cases but I’m looking forward to trying out the l-boxx that comes with my sander and probably rigging it up to use with my track saw.

Dan

danpattison.com

Oh yes – let me know if you figure out an ingenious way to hook up systainers to l-boxxes… That would be awesome

John S

woodman_412

I finally got my hands on an l-boxx this week when my sander arrived. It seems like a well made box but I can see what you guys were saying about the plastic not being all that thick. But I think the lighter weight is good too. Since I don’t really take a sander to site much I’m going to use the l-boxx for my track saw. I have a few ideas on how to outfit the inside of it to get the most out of it and keep things from moving around.

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

I’m surprised that your Makita track saw didn’t come in a l-boxx type container. Did you get the track with the saw, or did you order it separately? Mine came as a kit, with the box.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

About the L-Boxx’s, they come with a clip on each corner of the bottom that you have to remove to gang them together. Why is that?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

maybe to protect them while shipping? It is also a way to prevent them from locking together if you desiring that for some odd reason? haha

Maybe Aaron knows?

John S

woodman_412

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Mark wrote:</div>I’m surprised that your Makita track saw didn’t come in a l-boxx type container. Did you get the track with the saw, or did you order it separately? Mine came as a kit, with the box.

My track saw came with a 55″ track but no container. You could buy the container separately at the place I bought the saw but I didn’t bother. I’m glad I didn’t now since I have the l-boxx.

I was wondering about those white clips too, I noticed them on my l-boxx when I got it.

Dan

danpattison.com

I have kept the white clips just in case I would ever find a use for them but I am not really sure there is one…?

John S

woodman_412

I haven’t taken the clips off my box yet since I don’t have any other boxes to clip it to. It would be interesting to find out why they are on there though.

Dan

danpattison.com

Maybe he who collects the most white clips wins a custom designed bosch shop?!?! That would be great 😛

John S

woodman_412

lol that’s a good idea John but I doubt that’s how it works…we can always dream though 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

Just a quick update on my thoughts on l-boxxes so far. Still really enjoy them and their universality (ie same size rather than different sizes of tool cases). A minor complaint is that when I have four or five stacked high on my l-cart, it can be a little frustrating to have to unstack everything and then re-stack them. I have not mastered the art of stacking and unstacking yet, but I am getting a little better. I think the L-Rack will help towards not having to unstack and re-stack, and I also need to get my l-boxx 3d setup so that I do not need to stack and unstack all the time as well.

John S

redwood
    Pro

One of the advantages of the tough box carts is that if you mount them on the arms, you can pull any of them out. Leave the top 2 and remove the bottom box.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I hadn’t thought of that Mark, but that definitely sounds like a benefit for sure. Especially since the tough boxes are already heavy to begin with – that certainly skips a step of unlatching each one

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘Bosch L-Boxx’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.140 seconds