dcsimg

Bosch L-Boxx

This topic contains 1,008 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

Well I suppose many of you might not be surprised to hear me say that I love being organized. It is great to see the l-boxxes as a reward now and I cannot recommend them enough. There are quite a few reviews on the internet out there, and I have read very few negatives about them (and have nothing negative to say from my own experience).

If you are hoping to bang them up 24/7 on the jobsite, they might not be the best tool storage system to go for (use the dewalt tough case system…. unless Bosch has something in the works…!!!!!!!!?!!?! we can always hope….). BUT for keeping everything really organized in your van or in your shelving in the garage/shed/etc – they work GREAT.

I am still trying to figure out if the Bosch foam or kaizen foam or ____ is best for organizing the interiors of the l-boxxes, but it is really, really helpful to have consistently sized boxes to keep your tools in.

If you are on the fence about using points or even buying one, I highly recommend them to you. I would also recommend spending some time thinking through how you would fill them up and how you are going to maximize their effectiveness (with l-dolly or l-cart), but if you are hoping to invest in tool storage you can’t go wrong with Bosch L-boxxes. It has the potential to revolutionize the efficiency of your workspace…

John S

woodman_412

Thanks for the info and insight John! I have my eye on the sander that just got added to the prize list and I noticed that it comes with an l-boxx so I’ll get to try that one out. I would love to be able to switch my whole tool collection over to l-boxxes for the uniformity.

Dan

danpattison.com

Dan that is a really, really nice sander – I hope you can get it soon and let us know your thoughts!

John S

redwood
    Pro

well, I have my eye on the other sander. I’ll be able to compare it to the Festool Rotex sander. I’ve got a little ways to go as far as points though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I really enjoy Stuart’s blog and highly commend his thoughts on l-boxxes to us here.

http://toolguyd.com/bosch-l-boxx-tool-storage-system-review/

I am excited to see him continue to show us how he sets up his workshop with all of the l-boxxes

John S

Sorry – doing my due diligence… looks like the Bosch L-Rack is going to be released in the US before we know it!

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-L-RACK-Complete-i-boxx53-LST72-OD/dp/B00E1RVT4Y/
    And I love the fact you can buy the individual parts of the l-rack separately – if you were going to outfit your company fan or storage area with that setup – you could go 15 trays high, etc… Pretty slick (but you would want to weigh the cost in getting your setup made)

John S

Aaron – any word on any new developments for expanding the l-boxx line? ๐Ÿ™‚ how about a “tough” version?

John S

woodman_412

John S wrote:I really enjoy Stuartโ€™s blog and highly commend his thoughts on l-boxxes to us here.

http://toolguyd.com/bosch-l-boxx-tool-storage-system-review/

I am excited to see him continue to show us how he sets up his workshop with all of the l-boxxes

That’s some great info on l-boxxes John, thanks for sharing. At some point when I get some spare time I might work out how many l-boxxes I would need to switch over completely.

Dan

danpattison.com

That is exactly what i have been trying to do, but I haven’t yet come to a conclusive answer – largely because I cannot decide how I want to store everything inside of them (layout wise / multiple tools or not, etc). I can’t believe Stuart at that site has so many l-boxxes, but it will be sweet to see how he arranges them

John S

woodman_412

Have you had any success with the foam cutting John?

I was doing some measurements yesterday and I think that my track saw will fit on its side in the l-boxx 3 that comes with the Bosch sander. I might end up rigging it up for that.

Dan

danpattison.com

I mean… It works OK – wish their was foam on the inside of the lid to better “protect” the tool… a la the festool lid foam… (I could always buy their stuff and modify it)…. AND I still wish in general there were more options for inserts like the systainers…

The kaizen foam stuff is honestly kinda hard to work with. It would be much easier for drawers, but the l-boxx has more “curves” than you realize at first… Especially in the “height” of the foam – which makes for tricky cutting.
    The inner-perfectionist in me is not super pleased with what I have done thus far ๐Ÿ™‚ haha

John S

kzcarp
    Pro

Toolguyd Stuart needs an intervention.:)

kevin

haha Kevin I think the 80 l-boxxes WAS the intervention hahaha

John S

woodman_412

I’ve been seeing a lot of pics of bigger l-boxxes or tough boxes that just have a bunch of tools thrown into them. I’m not sure I would go for that since everything gets banged around inside and you have to dig for what’s at the bottom. I like the foam idea but it also limits how much you can put in a box.

Dan

danpattison.com

I am also a part of the club that is not super pro throwing everything in a box… but for practicality sake it might be nice to have ones whole 18v set in one dewalt xl tough case, per say

John S

redwood
    Pro

I have a lot of tools that I use on a job. I want them on the job when I need them. I can’t take 25 tool boxes, thus the piling on. I don’t quite stuff them like Dirty, but there is definitely more then a couple of tools in there. Someday I’ll take a pic.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

I guess it depends on what’s going in the box. More delicate tools that need to be kept very precise could be fit into foam where as tools that are made to take a beating could be piled into a box without foam or any protection.

Dan

danpattison.com

It would still be nice to have some sort of wooden or plastic dividers to keep the more beat-up-able tools in relative order and not total disarray ๐Ÿ™‚

John S

And of course sortimo sells such dividers but I imagine it is $$$ to get via them and they have some of these things for Festool but I am not sure about the fit in the l-boxx

John S

woodman_412

I was thinking the other day about some wooden dividers/interior accessories for the l-boxxes John. Something that would keep things organized but maybe be a little more space efficient than foam.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,009 total)

The topic ‘Bosch L-Boxx’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 6.839 seconds