dcsimg

Bosch L-boxx Vol. 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Here is the original thread:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-l-boxx

There are several other threads on l-boxxes that deal with different particulars (just do a quick scan through http://bethepro.com/forums/forum/power-tools/tool-jobsite-workshop-storage-organization/ to see them all). Like what to do with setting up the inside of each one, the i-boxx drawers, other accessories that sortimo offers, etc.

But this thread can continue to be a place for general impressions and questions about Sortimo (Bosch) L-boxxes

John S

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Does anyone have an updated photo of their iboxx set up? I am contemplating getting some to start my tool organization in the shop to make it a mobile solution.

Does anyone have an updated photo of their iboxx set up? I am contemplating getting some to start my tool organization in the shop to make it a mobile solution.

Not sure if I understand your question? When you say “their” do you mean Bosch’s or someone’s i-Boxx setup?

Here is some of my i-Boxx 53’s with my bike parts in it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It’s well past time for me to get a few larger boxes to contain all of the smaller things on the job site that just seems to get scattered. Boxes of screws…I must have half a dozen sitting in baby formula tubs. Lots of sizes and such. I also have a bunch of smaller drywall stuff that could use some organization!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I am contemplating getting some to start my tool organization in the shop to make it a mobile solution.

The i-boxx + l-rack + l-dolly setup is really hard to beat for mobile storage, but it comes with a pretty penny if you are actually buying everything and not using BTP points.

John S

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Not sure if I understand your question? When you say “their” do you mean Bosch’s or someone’s i-Boxx setup?

Here is some of my i-Boxx 53’s with my bike parts in it.

I meant everyone elses set up, I want ideas on how best to set my shop up with everything in the lboxx’s so I can easily disassemble and throw in the truck to a project site.

I meant everyone elses set up, I want ideas on how best to set my shop up with everything in the lboxx’s so I can easily disassemble and throw in the truck to a project site.

I’ve just got mine stacked. I feel the best way to store the L-boxxes is in something like this where you can slide them out to remove or to access the boxes.

Trying to get to a box at the bottom of the stack will become bothersome very fast. If I had the space I would do a permanent version of this.

This are multiple parts to this video so look for them to continue.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve just got mine stacked. I feel the best way to store the L-boxxes is in something like this where you can slide them out to remove or to access the boxes.

Trying to get to a box at the bottom of the stack will become bothersome very fast. If I had the space I would do a permanent version of this.

I agree keeping them stacked wouldn’t be much fun if you have to break in to the bottom box for the handtools often. Unless you use the 3D on top with lrack and extra drawers.

@Maukarunner thanks for the link Eric, lots lol nice stuff. I like your set up Eric. The pictures of the 2 nd and third with the blue / yellow and grey bins, did they come like that, or did you mix and match the bins.

Boschmanbrian

@Boschmanbrian
    No, the blue and yellow bins come with the i-Boxx53-12. I bought more of the red bins to replace some of the blue and yellow ones.

The grey bins come with the i-boxx and accessory sets.

Hard to get the blues and yellows unless you get the i-Boxx53-12 or ORG53-12 accessory set and you will get a lot of extra red ones.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here’s something to drool over.

http://www.sortimo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo/dokumente/mobile_sortimente_de.pdf

Thanks for the link there were a few things in there that I definitely want. Is there any good place to order the Euro stuff from?

Great idea using the bins for bike parts…you have some nice extras, @MaukaRunner.

Orange County, CA

MrToolJunkie

Thanks @MrToolJunkie. That setup is what actually got me to find BTP. I was looking at finding a solution to storing my bicycle parts and tools. I had them in a Plano tackle box and because the box was soft plastic it was bowing from the weight of the tools and parts. Bought a 3D and three i-Boxx 53’s. Thanks to BTP I’ve gotten many more i-Boxxes, L-Boxes and L-Racks. They storage system is awesome.

@maukarunner
    – would you prefer to have it close shut so that the boxxes are hidden on the inside, or would you build it so that you could still get access to the l-boxxes at all times , even when the two sides were closed?

John S

Here’s something to drool over.

http://www.sortimo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo/dokumente/mobile_sortimente_de.pdf

I like the red first aid kit one. It’s pretty simple to figure out when you need some bandages which one it’s in.

This is my main go to boxx setup. I have one more with all the trays and such that I don’t use quite as much. It’s a little disorganized atm. I don’t care for the little red containers much. I think they are too small. I prefer the yellow ones. I need to get the yellow package and fix all this mess.

@maukarunner – would you prefer to have it close shut so that the boxxes are hidden on the inside, or would you build it so that you could still get access to the l-boxxes at all times , even when the two sides were closed?

@supimeister
    If I had to build one I would make it fixed so it does not open or closed. Would just be a wall unit so access to each box is easier. Probably build it taller too to maximize space.

I don’t care for the little red containers much. I think they are too small. I prefer the yellow ones. I need to get the yellow package and fix all this mess.

haha I actually like all the little red containers since I can fit a bunch of small things in each one, but for screws the yellow are the perfect size.

I still do not know what to do with the grey ones – I have some longer bolts that work fine but I can only fit so many, so I like the way you kept using the dividers and used it for more screws.

John S

This is my main go to boxx setup. I have one more with all the trays and such that I don’t use quite as much. It’s a little disorganized atm. I don’t care for the little red containers much. I think they are too small. I prefer the yellow ones. I need to get the yellow package and fix all this mess.

I like the red bins in the shorter i-Boxx 53 and the yellow ones in the i-Boxx 72. I do like the green and orange bins from the L-Boxx 1A. I really wish they sold them separately.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.268 seconds