dcsimg

Bosch JS120BN review

This topic contains 44 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I too have the 12v jig saw. While I really like the ergonomics, it is lacking in power for many tasks. Given that it is only a 12v tool, I can deal with that issue though. I really appreciate it when coping with the Collins foot!

That is exactly the reason why I want it, but i am going to wait till black friday to see if there are any sales before i go and pick it up.

I got mine for about $120 as soon as it was available in NA. Thats the only price I’ve ever seen it for sale at..The Collins foot just BARELY clears the wire loop guard on the front of the saw, but its workable.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve got this saw coming from BTP. Can anyone tell me if the accessories from the JS572 corded version will fit on the 12V?

Things like the edge guide, anti splinter inserts, dust collection and the FSN rail attachment?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I too have the 12v jig saw. While I really like the ergonomics, it is lacking in power for many tasks. Given that it is only a 12v tool, I can deal with that issue though. I really appreciate it when coping with the Collins foot!

The coping foot would make this perfect for crown. It is super convenient when installing cabinetry.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I’ve got this saw coming from BTP. Can anyone tell me if the accessories from the JS572 corded version will fit on the 12V?

Things like the edge guide, anti splinter inserts, dust collection and the FSN rail attachment?

Splinter insert is the same. In fact it comes with one. Dust collection is different not sure on the railguide

If you’re talking about the FSN rail attachment from overseas, it won’t fit the JS120 as the foot is too small. I heard there’s a workaround if you have the footplate from the 18V saws, you can fit that onto the JS120 and the plate will fit in the FSN attachment.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Will the 18V jig saw fit the FSN rail?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@austin does your come with the coping foot ? Or we have to order that mine didnt come with one

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@austin does your come with the coping foot ? Or we have to order that mine didnt come with one

The coping foot is an aftermarket accessory from Collins. If you want one, you’ll have to buy it separately.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The coping foot is an aftermarket accessory from Collins. If you want one, you’ll have to buy it separately.

So how has this saw performed for you since you have had it for several months? Any issues?

Orange County, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Haven’t had any issues at all. Just that it’s underpowered for a few things but like I said originally it’s not going to be a jigsaw to replace a corded one or 18v one. But I still reach for it 95% of the time over my other one.

dancap
    Pro

Jon,
    I wanted to buy this LiL Jig to cope with the collins foot
    I wanted to hear from someone who actually used it with the collins foot

does it do well coping oak crown and base?
    I know it is a 12v, and not as powerful as a corded, i saw an 18v barrel grip from Bosch but only sold overseas
    and I love all of bosch tools….need another van just to carry them! 🙂

I am glad I ran across BTP

Thanks

dancap
    Pro

Thank You Austin
    I am New to BTP

I just bought this jigsaw and put the Collins coping foot on it

I have Never coped with a jigsaw
    I plan on getting a stick of crown to start learning

Here it is…the metal bar on the jig is in the way just a fuzz
    Not sure if they are going to have a clear plastic shroud to put on the front for dust collection like the corded bosch

But here it is
    Will take me awhile to experiment with this lil guy

Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

Dan
    DMC REMODELING

dancap
    Pro

Sorry having trouble uploading pictures

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just bought this jigsaw and put the Collins coping foot on it

Welcome aboard. The JS120 is a great jig saw, lots of guys here have done the Collins foot mod and have had good results. Pictures can be tough to post here. I use a photo hosting service and just post the link.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

dancap
    Pro

Thanks for the info Bill
    I will try a hosting service for pics
    I am glad I found BTP…so much info…Its Great!

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks for the info Bill

I find it easier to resize the pics. When I send them from my phone to computer I choose a smaller size when sending.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Thanks for taking the time to put together your review. I love how small and compact it is, I’m just not sure how I’d feel about a barrel grip and no variable speed trigger.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Thanks for taking the time to put together your review. I love how small and compact it is, I’m just not sure how I’d feel about a barrel grip and no variable speed trigger.

That’s the only bad thing about barrel grip jig saws. Some have a ramp up where it goes slow until it senses load then goes faster. That would be helpful for that

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks for the info Bill

Glad to see you posting. Share information, earn points, redeem for tools, enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

dancap
    Pro

Thanks Ron

will try and shoe this jigsaw with the collins cope foot on it
    the bar in the front of the jigsaw needs to be forced alittle

I have only tried to cope a piece of base…will need some practice!
    I have never coped with a jigsaw before

Thanks for everyones input

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.696 seconds