dcsimg

Bosch Jobsite Visit

This topic contains 114 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  r-ice 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author

Doobie

When Luca and Lorenz were here, they made mention of sending me some goodies for my time, but I niether heard nor nothing from them since their visit. I guess the hammer drill or goodies that were mentioned were just talk. Kind of dissapointed.

Maybe they just forgot. Have you tried contacting/reminding them directly? Sometimes that’s all it takes. A gentle nudge!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sometime a short e-mail is all it takes??? Maybe even mention what you need.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yah probably with the amount of job sites they visited they just forgot as they are only human.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

… they made mention of sending me some goodies for my time, but I niether heard nor nothing from them since their visit. I guess the hammer drill or goodies that were mentioned were just talk. Kind of dissapointed. If we would have had a dialogue, I would have told them not to worry about it, just wasn’t a conversation that was had. The conversation went in a way I expected a little something. … . Sorry for the rant, just a little disgruntling.

Not seen as a rant, at all.

You provided your time and expertise, which you normally charge for.

I concur with the other opinions suggesting an email to them, and if no answer after a week or or two, the telephone.

I was on a ‘user test team’ (as was at least one other person here) for another manufacturer, the deal being at the end of the test you get to keep the tool. First new tool done was a joy to use, torture test, photograph, and review. Next tool was an underpowered POS and sent back as defective – it stalled under their own weight. Replacement was just as bad. After spending a lot of time trying use it, return it, get another, test it, and return it, the people quit answering my emails. At that point I had so much time invested in that it did, indeed, become a matter of principle and I started telephoning. After monthly, weekly, twice a week, then daily calls – usually, but not always to their voice mail, I was sent a drinking cup with their logo on it suitable for strolling around the yard with water. The same grade as what you get with a soda at a convenience store.

Their marketing director succeeded in driving away a customer to the point I’ll tell others about it. I no longer consider their products when shopping.

It’s not ‘looking a gift horse in the mouth’, but fulfillment of a barter exchange – your time for a product.

Yes, the paperwork may have been neglected in their travels. But if you don’t start pursuing it now, they mave have moved on to different positions or even companies by the time you do.

MY rant over.

redwood
    Pro

Their marketing director succeeded in driving away a customer to the point I’ll tell others about it. I no longer consider their products when shopping

Well spill the beans, who was it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Their marketing director succeeded in driving away a customer to the point I’ll tell others about it. I no longer consider their products when shopping

Well spill the beans, who was it.

I’m curious what product that would still under their own weight

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It sounds like there has been No communication either way. That’s just a recipe for disappointment.

As you said, knowing what the plan is would help a lot.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Well, I got an email, Bosch is going to come by and see what I do in my humble shop. I’m stoked, can’t wait to see how it goes.

Give them my email… I could use some freebies…

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

<P>Their marketing director succeeded in driving away a customer to the point I’ll tell others about it. I no longer consider their products when shopping </P>

<P>Well spill the beans, who was it.</P>

<P>I’m curious what product that would still under their own weight </P>

Random orbit sander vibrated but would not spin.
    That’s why companies get these products out to a limited number of consumers with different applications before release to the public.
    I have no beef with the company itself, just that their marketing division wasn’t holding up to their side of the bargain.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’d shoot them an email also just to touch base with how the event went and about shipping info for what was discussed.

A Working Pro since 2004

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s why companies get these products out to a limited number of consumers with different applications before release to the public.
    I have no beef with the company itself, just that their marketing division wasn’t holding up to their side of the bargain.

That sounds like a seized bearing, strange that replacement was the same though.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Like I said, not worried about it any more, just had to vent a little hit, figured that this was a good place. Just seems like bad business. Don’t think I will sign up for another job site visit in the future.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Probably just fell through the crack, can’t imagine they intentionally stiff you on it.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Like I said, not worried about it any more, just had to vent a little hit, figured that this was a good place. Just seems like bad business. Don’t think I will sign up for another job site visit in the future.

Can’t say that I blame you Sven. You wasted a couple hours of your time to talk with them. So technically it cost you money.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That sounds like a seized bearing, strange that replacement was the same though.

so did they end up fixing it to release or did they release it to the general public and labeled it for a different use?

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.004 seconds