dcsimg

Bosch Jobsite Visit

This topic contains 114 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  r-ice 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • Author

Nice read. Sounds like between the two of you their lives are much happier. Sure they will be talking about these stops for awhile. Thanks for the representation and the update as well.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like you had a good visit with the Bosch guys Sven. Interesting that they don’t really want to expand the U.S. Market. This really doesn’t make sense to me, but what do I know. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Thanks for sharing the details of your visit Sven. It certainly was an interesting visit. It would be great if they would compose surveys for us to answer and get more opinions. A lot of companies do that.

redwood
    Pro

Thanks for sharing the details of your visit Sven. It certainly was an interesting visit. It would be great if they would compose surveys for us to answer and get more opinions. A lot of companies do that.

I get tool surveys all the time, probably close to 1 a week from many manufacturer’s, including Bosch.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I get tool surveys all the time, probably close to 1 a week from many manufacturer’s, including Bosch.

I can’t remember ever seeing one from Bosch or the opportunity to sign up to receive them. I see them from other manufacturers too.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Did you get the sense that these guys were from the marketing end or the manufacturing end?

Luca is the marketing manager, and Lorenz deals with development of tools. Lorenz was one of the people that dealt with the development of the Bosch track saw.

When are you signing autographs ?

Not my cup of tea, I’m just a small fish in a big pond.

I do think jobsite visits will up the already great quality.

I think that is the point. To get first hand feedback and ideas.

. So with the Marfell track what else do you need to use it with the 18V Bosch cordless circular saw. Baseplate adapter?

I can’t say. The general Mafell stuff that we spoke about was normal track saw. I know the 18v cordless has a different track that is used with it.

That was a lot to chew on that’s for sure. It’s too bad they don’t think there is a market here for the NAINA items.

I understood where Luca was comming from. It’s a gamble. We here at BTP are a select few of the tradesmen (women) around the country. Simply put, if Luca said, yes we can sell a boat load of track saws in the U.S. and they only end up selling 10. He is the one with egg on his face. Quite frankly, it is a gamble that Bosch doesn’t want to get into. We here and others around the country just have to keep after them to let them know what we want.

but I don’t think it is a common tool many pros are seeking out.

I think that a lot of this may be that not many know about track saws. But that is just my opinion.

So, to finish up what I started. After talking about the new shank design, we started to talk about miter saw blades and router bits. As it turns out, the Freud bits are a step above that of Bosch. Of course this is a company of Bosch so there would be no hard feelings I’m assuming. The Freud router bits are made in Italy from what I got of the conversation, and are suppose to be of a really good quality. On the miter saw blades, I told them by thoughts and they agreed as well. What it boiled down to is what I have used in the past. So far I have used Freud Diablo, Irwin Marples, and right now I am using a Dewalt blade. All of these baldes are non-ferrous. By far the Freud has been the best. What I find is that the Dewalt Blade I am currently using throws things around more than the Freud, but still makes some clean cuts.

After that, we talked about Daredevil bits. I know that there are a lot of people here that have and still use them. While they pale in compairison to the auger bits that I use there was also a point in the conversation that Luca and Lorenz found interesting. I told them that I have chewed threw nails with them. They were kind of surprised. Since when I was using them before I got the impact to drill holes for straps, etc, and going through the upper corners of windows, it was nothing for me to run into nails. This lead to a conversation on how to improve a bit that is already an industry changer. Carbide tips on the wings or something to that affect, I’m sure there will be some talks up at Bosch.

Since we were talking about drill bits, actually I think the conversation was before the Daredevils, but anyways. We talked about regular twist bits. Of course we were all tracking again. Titanium coated bits are nothing for my business. Cobalt all the way. I do have some black oxide bits, but they are kept for my DIY stuff for the most part, or used seldomly. All the metal working I do is hard on bits. I go through a lot of them. So, anyways, BOT, I talked to them about a special bit I had the privilage to use. Again, pleaseant surprise, and more conversations that I had received one of them. Yup, it was a testers club item so I won’t get into it here. Questions like how did it do, what were your thoughts. When I told them I broke one, and showed them the pics, that was something else, and more insightful conversation. It was almost like two good old boys swapping stories.

The last point of discussion was BTP. BTP had come up in another coule of small points, but there was no serious discussion. From the Bosch standpoint, it is a slippery slope. There are some that like the thoght of what it represents, and others that dislike it. The thoughts of misuse, people that have no desires to contribute anything. It is quite frankly a sad state that many of use here are aware of. So, I made my point as solid, and concice as I could. I know that I am not a member that has been here since the inception of BTP, but in the time I have been here, it has contributed greatly to what I do, and how I choose to do it. If I had to guess, I would say 80% of my tools have come from BTP. With every tool that Bosch has graciously provided me, my job becomes easier, and I become more proficient in my craft. I tried to instil in them that BTP is worth it. I also told them that if people are seen abusing it, the are quick to be called out.

In the end, what was suppose to last 30 mintues ended up lasting 2 1/2 hours. I wish they would have had more time. I hope that I can do it again, and maybe I can sometime take a trip up to Chicago to visit. If the offer ever comes up again, and the tradesmen/women here get the chance. Jump on it. It felt good to give my simpleton opinions on things to better some already great products.

redwood
    Pro

Their opinions of BTP do not surprise me one bit, in fact I’m more surprised that they even know it exists. I have yet to run into a bosch rep that has ever heard of BTP.

I hope you didn’t tell them that 80% of your tools came from BTP.

This site has some great attributes and I hope it sticks around. That said, though I think some of the abuse has lessened, it still exists and I’m afraid that someday that might lead to pulling the plug.

Thanks for representing us common folk Sven and Robert.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I also told them that if people are seen abusing it, the are quick to be called out.

It’s a Dirty job and Make Row is not here.

Right on Sven!! Thank for the feedback on the visit.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have to say I appreciate Bethepro and what it stands for. Being here has helped influence new tool purchases with regards to the specific projects I need to do. It helps me figure out how to do what I need to do. I also understand why bosch is doing this, it helps spread bosch and their tools as well as the individual product numbers by making the products like the bosch FL12 a household name. When more of us talk about specific products and different words like awesome, good, perfect in this forum and different forums, it will help SEO by letting google pick up more of the bosch products when we search for work lights or rotary demo hammer and they pick up a review someone has done here and or linked somewhere else. Infact I think bethepro is a genius for doing this, because it is basically a huge amount of SEO marketing that is more than any of the competition is doing. When there is enough people here eventually all the stuff they talk about along with all the tools they use in youtube videos and all the keywords we use will populate google queries with just bosch and bosch affiliated tools. I would love to meet the person who thought this up because he/she was a genius.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sven, very nice report. Interesting that BTP came up. I am about 50-50 on the my Bosch stuff. 50% came from BTP the 50% I have purchased. I never would of made those purchases without the exposure to BTP. Good point the 12V Hammer Drill I just got was made based on information from this site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Congratulations for being selected for a site visit, @svensshutters.

From your write-ups, it sounds like it was productive and time well spent for both you and the Bosch reps, giving both of you the chance to learn from the other. Tool use as designed and tool use in the field are not always the same.

Thanks also for the comments on BTP. What I’ve learned from members here over the last year is affecting my buying decisions. A year ago I knew little of Bosch and its affiliated companies even though I was actively using their products. Now that I’ve seen examples of Bosch service and support, seen the way that Bosch responds to specific customers’ needs, and learned more of the specifics of the tools themselves, Bosch has become the gold standard that I compare other companies and their tools to.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at BTP.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks guy’s. Like I said if I get another opportunity, I would jump on it. It would be nice to continue to work with Bosch as a person in the field to help them better some already great products. I think that having rapport with with them, and an open communication is a great thing for a company to have with their targeted audience.

Thanks also for the comments on BTP. What I’ve learned from members here over the last year is affecting my buying decisions. A year ago I knew little of Bosch and its affiliated companies even though I was actively using their products. Now that I’ve seen examples of Bosch service and support, seen the way that Bosch responds to specific customers’ needs, and learned more of the specifics of the tools themselves, Bosch has become the gold standard that I compare other companies and their tools to.

Well said Phil. I have been a member for a couple of years or more. There isn’t a week that I have not learned something new about tools, techniques or what pro’s do to make their living. Most of my new tool purchases have been Bosch and will continue to be. The exposure to this great company has definitely got me thinking Bosch first when buying items they make.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Well, I thought that I would post a little update to the “free” hammer drill that was also advertised in the email for the jobsite visit. Lord knows that I have gotten enough from BTP and Bosch, and am only disgruntled because it was never fully discussed during the visit. When Luca and Lorenz were here, they made mention of sending me some goodies for my time, but I niether heard nor nothing from them since their visit. I guess the hammer drill or goodies that were mentioned were just talk. Kind of dissapointed. If we would have had a dialogue, I would have told them not to worry about it, just wasn’t a conversation that was had. The conversation went in a way I expected a little something. Oh well, I hope the contractors that they visited that are not on here got treated better. If not, I don’t know how much support they will get in the future. Sorry for the rant, just a little disgruntling.

redwood
    Pro

Well, I thought that I would post a little update to the “free” hammer drill that was also advertised in the email for the jobsite visit. Lord knows that I have gotten enough from BTP and Bosch, and am only disgruntled because it was never fully discussed during the visit. When Luca and Lorenz were here, they made mention of sending me some goodies for my time, but I niether heard nor nothing from them since their visit. I guess the hammer drill or goodies that were mentioned were just talk. Kind of dissapointed. If we would have had a dialogue, I would have told them not to worry about it, just wasn’t a conversation that was had. The conversation went in a way I expected a little something. Oh well, I hope the contractors that they visited that are not on here got treated better. If not, I don’t know how much support they will get in the future. Sorry for the rant, just a little disgruntling.

Given what we have all experienced with BTP, that is very surprising. I would imagine that if Jim sees this, you will be lavished with gifts.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

That is very surprising Sven. I would not have expected that at all. I understand your disappointment not that you being greedy or anything. It is just the principle of it all. Sorry these guys forgot to fulfill their promise.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well, I thought that I would post a little update to the “free” hammer drill that was also advertised in the email for the jobsite visit.

Too bad the people that visited you did not follow through and send you what was offered. Hopefully BTP can correct the oversite and make contact with Luca and Lorenz.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is a bit disappointing. Today more than ever, if you put it in writing and say it, you had better stay true to your word or social media can eat you alive. A big company like Bosch shoukd know that. If you don’t intend do give out anything don’t elude that you are.

It would be better to not say anything and then surprise people with something.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It is just the principle of it all.

I think you nailed it on the head. I’m not going to dwell on it any longer. I said my peace yesterday so I’m good.

It would be better to not say anything and then surprise people with something.

I agree.

It was brought to my attention that the jobsite visit is going on still, so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It was brought to my attention that the jobsite visit is going on still, so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows.

Could be, they could be waiting to do all the orders at one time. makes sense for them. They just order up how many they need and send all the addresses to the fulfillment company. I have gotten stuff like that months and months after the event.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.580 seconds