dcsimg

Bosch Jobsite Visit

This topic contains 114 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  r-ice 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Author

They’ll be sending me some stuff, not to clear yet on what it’ll be, but I feel they’ll do me good.
    Let us know how yours goes Sven

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Doobie

Bosch will make a nice package for you. Seems a little classier than just handing you something. Either way, glad your voice will be heard.

I’m starting to really realize that Bosch is a very attentive company and prides itself on taking care of those who they see as their bread and butter. It ain’t just happening on this website/forum. Aside from some disappointing comments about the roadshow, the more I learn/read about this company is top notch attention and service.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ll do that. When I get up in the morn, I’ll drop an email like you suggested.

Doobie

I’ll do that. When I get up in the morn, I’ll drop an email like you suggested.

Now I won’t be able to sleep in anticipation!

Well Sven, how did it go? Did they get to you today?

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I guess I’m posting this a little late, but the visit went great. They showed up around 12:30 and ended up leaving at 2:00. It was great having Luca and his buddy. I fell kind of bad I don’t recall his name, kind of kicking myself in the pants.

We talked about so much stuff I don’t know where to start. When they left, I cracked open some brews, threw some flesh on the grill, and just enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. I’ll post tomorrow more of what we talked about. They did have good things to say about you Robert, and were impressed on the way you do business.

@bethepro I gave them a little something to give to you as well for all your hard work you do.

I know, I know, the anticipation is killing everyone. I will try to post a thoughful review of how things went in the morning.

I am anxious to hear what you have to relate Sven. Glad the visit went more than well. Thanks to you and Robert for taking the time for all of us tool nuts.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Man, those Bosch guys have a sweet gig. Just driving around talking to guys, giving out free stuff. I’d sign up for that!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Just driving around talking to guys, giving out free stuff.

They didn’t give me anything, didn’t ask either. I was just happy to have them here, they were great. Like I said, I’ll get into it more tomorrow. Just hanging around for small talk this evening.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Just driving around talking to guys, giving out free stuff.

They didn’t give me anything, didn’t ask either. I was just happy to have them here, they were great. Like I said, I’ll get into it more tomorrow. Just hanging around for small talk this evening.

Nice stuff Sven. Eager to hear how the visit went! Really neat that you got involved in this promotion.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thats great, I hope you told them North America needs ALL the tools

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Ok, as promissed, here’s the low down, or at least some of it because like most times, time is a bit limited this morning. Luca and Lorenz (the Bosch reps) showed up here around 12:30 after visiting another tradesman here in the springs. Don’t know who it was and we didn’t get into it. From some reason, yesterday everyone wanted to be at the shop, comming to see the wife, running around, etc. Of all days… Anyways, they got here and we just started talking about what I do for a living. Talking about the shutters, how they are manufactured, etc.

When they got into the shop, I think they liked the way it was setup. Apparently they were surprised by the organization that I had and took a picture of the L-Boxx cart I built. This was also the first time they mentioned @robertcdf because of the impression that he had left with them. Seems they weren’t so impressed with other contractors they have met with other than Robert, but they didn’t say anything about those others either. So we talked about the cart, the slide out drawers and their benefits, etc. for a while. (They took pictures).

Back to Shutters, talked about the whole manufacturing process. From getting the 20′ long pieces of materials and manufacturing them down. Then went on to talk about how the different one’s were operated, and I took them in the house to show them one from the inside that’s operated with a pull strap. One thing I leared during this part of the conversation was that it’s more common for tradesmen to use impacts to drill through walls in Europe than Hole Hawgs using auger bits. I found this interesting, but it reinforced my choice on the big impact that I have been using. We talked about Auger bits, and I told them my likes, and dislikes. Of course talking about nail cuttin properties of bits. I told them that the Irwin bits sucked, and they agreed. The Bosch Augers are much better.

Got into active response technology a little bit, and they asked me my opinion. With the impact, it doesn’t make sence to me, but with power drills I explained that I can see the benefits as I have been wacked a couple of times when my drills caught and swung around smacking me in the hand.

Back to the shop we talked about tools, what I would like to see. The quick answer was of course NAINA items. To bring up the track saw, I pulled out the FSN OFA 32 kit. I explained that I had to go through Germany to get it, and it was sad that items like this are not offered here in the states. I showed them what I used the kit for, explained advantages, and Lorenz and I educated Luca some on track, track saw uses. I told them if the Bosch saw would come here, I would sell off the Festool in a heartbeat because it isn’t the system that I want. Lorenz then brought up Mafell (because of compatability with Bosch). He also told me that the first generation of Bosch track saws was actually made by Mafell. I told him that they were solid tools, but that I just could not justify the price of them here and would rather see Bosch’s make it’s way across the pond. This then turned into a conversation about marketing. Apparently Bosch doesn’t see that these items will sell here like they do in Europe, and they are happy for the time being just doing the European sales. Back to the track saw, I explained to them my specialty needs for it when cutting certain boxes, and how I use it and the benefits there of. There are times when I need to cut large boxes that I jsut can’t do with the Miter Saw. That’s where it comes into play the most for me. There are other options that I have discussed in the past, but they are just not affordable options right now.

After that we started talking about masonry bits, the multi construction bits, etc. There are some things in the works at Bosch right now to improve these bits believe it or not. I told them that the Bosch bits that I have been using are great. I’m very pleased with them, but the one problem that I have run into is that some of the bits I use don’t have a taper, three sided base end, or something more for a chuck to grab onto with a normal hammer drill. There are times when the chuck isn’t tight enough, or the bits catch (3/4″ more specifically), and the it will spin in the chuck. Then the worse case senario, the but comes out of the chuck and you are forced to rechuck the bit with the bit stuck in a wall to get it out. Anyways, Bosch has been thinking aboutsomething like a 1/4″ Hex shank to help wtih these issues. I can definately see merit in this, and let them know this.

So, not my time is up, I’ll try to continue this later on today. This should give y’all something to chew on.

redwood
    Pro

Great stuff Sven. Did you get the sense that these guys were from the marketing end or the manufacturing end?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

When are you signing autographs ? 🙂

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Great read.

I do think jobsite visits will up the already great quality.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sven, Thank you for the update. Sounds interesting. So with the Marfell track what else do you need to use it with the 18V Bosch cordless circular saw. Baseplate adapter?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow I am impressed, mafell made bosch first generation track saw. great food for thought.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Sven,
    That was a lot to chew on that’s for sure. It’s too bad they don’t think there is a market here for the NAINA items.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Wow Sven, thanks for sharing so much detail about how it went!

Apparently Bosch doesn’t see that these items will sell here like they do in Europe, and they are happy for the time being just doing the European sales

Makes sense. I know we talk a lot about track saws here, but I don’t think it is a common tool many pros are seeking out.

Sounds like it was a really positive experience!

John S

Bosch will make a nice package for you. Seems a little classier than just handing you something. Either way, glad your voice will be heard.

I’m starting to really realize that Bosch is a very attentive company and prides itself on taking care of those who they see as their bread and butter. It ain’t just happening on this website/forum. Aside from some disappointing comments about the roadshow, the more I learn/read about this company is top notch attention and service.

When you think about how much the give to charity, don’t think any other company in the world comes close ( when talking % not strictly dollar amount). Think this site is a drop in the bucket. Firmly belive they are a class act.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.391 seconds