dcsimg

Bosch jigsaw and power

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It made the cuts well enough, but chewed through the batteries in the process.

I use the 12volt 4.0ah batteries and they hold up well.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Anyone using down cut blades? Always thought that would be more logical to seeing a clear line cutting or preventing chipping. I have never found them when I remembered to look for them.

Bosch also makes those plastic snap in inserts to help with the chipping. I haven’t used them in many years, but I remember them working pretty well. Not sure about the down cut blades.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

You can try the thicker Bosch blades — ones that end in “DP” == these typically cut straight and do not skew causing out-of-square cuts.

Now you see I dont use it enough to have known that, thats I will look out for those. Perhaps with a newer tool and heavier blades the tracking wont be a factor.

@warren6810
    I still have a few of those clear chip inserts bouncing around the case but because the blade always jumped off the wheel guide, tracking would eat into it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You can try the thicker Bosch blades — ones that end in “DP” == these typically cut straight and do not skew causing out-of-square cuts.

I never knew that, Thank you for the info. Thicker blades.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Anyone using down cut blades? Always thought that would be more logical to seeing a clear line cutting or preventing chipping. I have never found them when I remembered to look for them.

Bosch also makes those plastic snap in inserts to help with the chipping. I haven’t used them in many years, but I remember them working pretty well. Not sure about the down cut blades.

Only problem with them is that it makes it harder to see the line

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I keep some with me all the time. I use them if I have to cut laminate counter tops that are already installed. They work well for that. But I still prefer cutting from the underside with a regular blade.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Alex233
    Pro

Okay excuse my ignorance on the subject or if the matter has already been discussed.

After using my old Bosch barrel 1584 AVS I realized a new one is in my future, at least by the time my kitchen project next month take places.

So at the store today I was looking and handling the tools in person. I never realized Bosch makes a 6, 6.5 and a 7 amp jigsaw. Does that little variation in amperage really matter? My current one is 7 amp but its old. I always felt the variable speed and blade selection was more of a factor that power when using this type of tool.

I use to have that same model lost it in a flood . Good power and nice balance . I agree with you that blade choose and the variable speed helps on material cutting over the amps on a jigsaw .

I think your advice is super for all of use.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I keep some with me all the time. I use them if I have to cut laminate counter tops that are already installed. They work well for that. But I still prefer cutting from the underside with a regular blade.

I think that as you go up in amperage, you add options and probably small steps of quality. I have never paid a lot of attention to the Amp ratings, more to the options. I keep a good saw for the shop and typically use cheaper saws in the field as they get dropped or stolen more often and therefore not worth having an expensive saw there.

Doobie

I think that as you go up in amperage, you add options and probably small steps of quality. I have never paid a lot of attention to the Amp ratings, more to the options. I keep a good saw for the shop and typically use cheaper saws in the field as they get dropped or stolen more often and therefore not worth having an expensive saw there.

While I’m not a contractor like you are, that’s what I do more or less.

The primo stuff stays in the shop….the secondary stuff is used in potentially nasty or precarious use.

Love all my tools, but I think it’s just natural. I kinda hated using my Kapex for example outside the shop in my backyard builds. Just so much subject to more abuse or if someone one day would creep in my backyard and look to steal the stuff I leave hanging around overnite.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.233 seconds