dcsimg

Bosch hole saws

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A couple of questions on this bi-metal hole saw HTW Edge Impact Tough hole saws.

I wonder if you get a bunch of these in different sizes, are the bit/arbor detachable? So I can combine them for storage? Or do they have to take up so much room?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I believe that I have just seen the cutters available so that would mean that the arbor would be detachable / replaceable.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I believe that I have just seen the cutters available so that would mean that the arbor would be detachable / replaceable.

I thought all of them have the arbor detachable.
    Was I mistaken?

If those are like my Bosch kit I bought years ago , they are all detachable , that’s the 19 piece kit I bought plus a few others to add to the kit , pretty good system.

I wonder if you get a bunch of these in different sizes, are the bit/arbor detachable? So I can combine them for storage? Or do they have to take up so much room?

Okay, I’m puzzled by the design. Why is there the flange like that instead of being a true cylinder. It would limit the depth of cut and would seem to be that purpose. But why?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Okay, I’m puzzled by the design. Why is there the flange like that instead of being a true cylinder. It would limit the depth of cut and would seem to be that purpose. But why?

It’s a thin wall hole saw good for cutting thin steel or aluminum, I am thinking drilling KO holes through steel studs and junction boxes etc the widened base prevent it from going too deep.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OK here is more info I found.

First, they are sold with the bit/shank. Doesn’t look detachable to me. Looking through various images I do not see a set screw or something around them.

From Bosch’s specifications, “Each hole saw has an impact-rated 1/4 In. hex shank for use in impactors and most drills. It features a depth stop to help prevent breakthrough for more precise drilling, as well as a pilot bit spring for automatic plug ejection. The integrated one-piece design means that no separate arbor or pilot bit is required.”

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Drill some plywood and I doubt that spring will eject something.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hole saws take up a lot of space. Bosch has a Hole Saw kit in a box but not in the Edge series.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

This is the ones I like: detachable types. I can replace either of them.

Clev08
    Pro

I have some of the Bosch multi construction hole saws that are detachable. It’s nice being able to store them all inside each other.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the ones I like: detachable types. I can replace either of them.

That’s a nice set, compact with a case.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have some of the Bosch multi construction hole saws that are detachable. It’s nice being able to store them all inside each other.

I have the 19 piece , great kit , and I also bought a few extra

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have the 19 piece , great kit , and I also bought a few extra

I have that kit as well, i got it off the list a few years ago.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy it’s a good little kit , I bought mine from Rona probably close to 10 years ago , I paid around 149.00 plus tax for it.

Clev08
    Pro

This is the type of Bosch hole saws I have. They are extremely fast and durable, but they throw chips everywhere. Mostly in your shoes though.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have different types of hole making bits for different materials.

I have a set of “fine” diamond hole saws for stones and marbles, a set of rough diamond coated ones for ceramic tiles, two sets for wood, a set for thin metal, a set of step bits, a set of spade bits, a few forstner bits, and a set of beat up ones I use sometimes for multiple materials like cabinet ply + sheet rock or durock + plaster. Then I have a giant 12″ adjustable hole saw to cut ceiling rock for recessed light holes.

That’s why I am always struggling to figure out how best to store them. If you have a case for each set you will fill up your truck with hole saw cases!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you have a case for each set you will fill up your truck with hole saw cases!

True. I have the same problem in the shop cases everywhere. They really start to stack up and no matter what the case you need is on the bottom.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the type of Bosch hole saws I have. They are extremely fast and durable, but they throw chips everywhere. Mostly in your shoes though.

Those do look good , I was curious about them , thanks for the update , I’ll make a mental note not to work in the garage with flip flops on 😂🤣😂
    I’ll have to check those out. Thanks again

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.323 seconds