dcsimg

Bosch Heated Jacket

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 421 through 437 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Used my jacket tonite in minus 25 degree Celsius temp with no wind. Was wearing a T-shirt and a sweater underneath. Had the jacket on max/red. Arms and lower back were getting cold pretty fast.

Conclusion, this is a fall and spring jacket. This is not a replacement for full winter weather in climes like we get in Canada. Although at times it is use-able at times in winter weather, just not typical real ‘cold’ winter weather.

I’d say the rule of thumb is if the weather warrants what one would typically say is a parka, use the parka.

Cant really expect a thin jacket to keep a body warm in those kinda temps. How about something over the Bosch jacket to help? Might still be nice having a little heat going on under the big parka.

I agree with Ron those are arctic temps and the jacket is not designed for that.

It’s okay for a quick trip out and back, but definitely not for cold cold temperatures, when it reaches a steady -13 and colder, it stays in the closest till it warms up a bit, that being said, I have been wearing it since mid March as the temperature has been very nice for that jacket,

i wear it and preheat it so as soon as i get out there in the -13 weather it keeps me nice and warm for a while but if windchill is added on it, the heat just gets sucked out and you end up chilly.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Chris @Utopia78, can you either link me to where you had a very good mention on how to wash your Bosch jacket or otherwise tell me what to do?

I recall it was not as easy as following the instructions in some respects.

I know they take forever to dry. That’s not a prob in my situation.

What about the embedded 12V wire for the battery pack. Should I fish it out before washing? I would think so!

What kind of detergent do you use?

I’m thinking gentle cycle and hang to dry although I do recall saying you have used a controlled dryer setting yourself. Can’t recall what that may have been.

Would you suggest simply drip dry? I can accommodate that.

Thanks for bumping this up and tagging Chris, I will have to wash mine very soon :)

Hey guys, I have washed the heated jacket several times. I’ve used cold, medium and hot water. I’ve hung dry, tumble dried and dried on high heat. I normally tuck the power end into the pocket and zip up before wash. Of course I take the holster off. It can pretty much take what you throw at it but would suggest washing gentle cycle on cold or medium. Dry on medium/low heat 80% and then hang to finish it off.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve washed both of mine once but I wasn’t quite as brave as Chris, although I did use the washing machine but just as a tub and didn’t let it agitate.

I simply let the washing machine fill up, added soap, carefully laid the jacket in there and just kinda poked at it with a paddle lol. Pulled it out and repeat without soap for rinse, then I drained the tub and carefully laid it out in it again and let it go through the entire spin cycle. Then hung it up to dry

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

OK, so I have two Bosch 12v heated jackets. One for Dirty work and one for clean work. I love the style, comfort and durability.

One thing I would like to see changed is the USB holster. One I have works fine, the other not so well. The problem is the female/male laptop connection from the jacket to USB holster. I like to use a 4.0Ah battery in my dirty work jacket as it lasts a good amount of time and I don’t need to worry about changing it. This simple loose connection gets twisted or moved just by working. The connection to the USB should have a lock on it to make sure it’s not getting jarred and pushed and so it locks securely into place. When I used tuck tape around the connection and USB holster to make sure I had a solid connection I thought there must be a better way to design this.

Will go for Bosch 12v jacket version 2 when it’s available and this would be a nice feature to be added. FYI @bethepro

A Working Pro since 2004

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@Utopia78 – thanks for the useful feedback. We have sent your comments onto the Product Manager at Bosch and they will consider these updates when they redesign the holster. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I love my heated jacket. But lately I realize if you keep it on red for some time heating pad on the back makes ur muscle very relaxed. Don’t make the mistake I made and take of ur jacket when it’s cold outside. Now my shoulder blades and back hurts cuz I think I got cold from it.probibly I was sweating then take it off that cause something to the muscle. Be carefull guys try to keep it on blue so outside tempreture won’t effect it to much

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

@utopia78 – thanks for the useful feedback. We have sent your comments onto the Product Manager at Bosch and they will consider these updates when they redesign the holster. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

jim

Could you have them look at the sizing. Bought one last month that was xxl , ended up giving it to a friend that wears a large

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I tried on Jim’s heated jacket at the world of concrete in february. It was XL and the jacket was a bit too large for me. I normally wear Large so I will definitely go with Large for that jacket. The heat pads don’t work proper when they are not close to the body.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

@utopia78 – thanks for the useful feedback. We have sent your comments onto the Product Manager at Bosch and they will consider these updates when they redesign the holster. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

jim

They are redesigning the holster??

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

What would really be great if bosch partnered with blaklader and made a heated jacket with them.

What would really be great if bosch partnered with blaklader and made a heated jacket with them.

That would be a great idea, both quality companies

I tried on Jim’s heated jacket at the world of concrete in february. It was XL and the jacket was a bit too large for me. I normally wear Large so I will definitely go with Large for that jacket. The heat pads don’t work proper when they are not close to the body.

Here it was the opisate, the xxl was perfect for a large (tall size so close to xl for that reason). Did get the Milwaukee hoodie that was fit to size right off the get go.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Here it was the opisate, the xxl was perfect for a large (tall size so close to xl for that reason). Did get the Milwaukee hoodie that was fit to size right off the get go.

I find the XL to be a very snug fit across the chest and back. And arms are long.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thats quite weird but how it looks like it can happen. maybe something went wrong during production or so…

That would be a great idea, both quality companies

thats a great idea. Both manufacture great products.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The heat pads don’t work proper when they are not close to the body.

Right they need to be a little loose and in my case I do not use a sweater or sweatshirt underneath if I am using the heat. I find I feel the heat better with just a shirt or T-shirt on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what they should do is a heated vest, that will keep the heat closer to the body.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The heat pads don’t work proper when they are not close to the body.

Right they need to be a little loose and in my case I do not use a sweater or sweatshirt underneath if I am using the heat. I find I feel the heat better with just a shirt or T-shirt on.

I bought mine to fit tighter with just a Tshirt on too…….

I see a lot of comments about the sleeves being long in whatever size fits ya, Mine is like that too. But I decided they did that on purpose for reaching comfortably, Might be another reason for the velcro straps at the cuffs.. Remember, it is suppose to be a work jacket. I ended up liking the idea

Viewing 17 posts - 421 through 437 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.584 seconds