dcsimg

Bosch Heated Jacket

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

@Warren6810 You would use your own usb to phone cable. Plug it in the hoster, run the cable inside the jacket to the hole by the top of the front chest pocket. Because the hole it at the top you can easily zip up the zipper and lock your phone in. Then to activate you would hold the red button down on the holster until it started charging the phone. It may take several seconds of holding the red button down. Hope this helps
    Btw that would be a neat idea to already have a connection in your front top pocket.

Thanks for the info. I just assumed that one of the wires I felt was going up there to charge the phone with. I rarely charge my phone on site, unless I forget to plug it in at night.

Saving up for this jacket. Had no idea it had the phone charging functionality… Pretty impressive stuff from Bosch to think of that. I was just excited to be getting a heated jacket for the cold days that are on the way!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Saving up for this jacket.

Andrew24, it is a really nice jacket. I have one as well as several others here and it is a great jacket.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Andrew24, it is a really nice jacket. I have one as well as several others here and it is a great jacket.

Yes sir Bill, you are definitely right about that, even with out the heated features, it’s a nice looking jacket, I always get complimented about the jacket. Who knows, maybe even have had some people purchase one because of us members sporting them,

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Yes sir Bill, you are definitely right about that, even with out the heated features, it’s a nice looking jacket, I always get complimented about the jacket. Who knows, maybe even have had some people purchase one because of us members sporting them,

I get quite a few inquiries and comments on the jacket also. I liked the functionality and look so much, I have one for work and one for home.

A Working Pro since 2004

I get quite a few inquiries and comments on the jacket also. I liked the functionality and look so much, I have one for work and one for home.

You know something Chris, that’s a good idea, think I might have to do the same eventually.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I tried on Jim’s Jacket at WOC and I really liked.
    The jacket was a bit too large for me (XL) but i could feel the heating pads.
    I am definitely in for one of these jackets.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes sir Bill, you are definitely right about that, even with out the heated features, it’s a nice looking jacket,

I also have the Milwaukee heated hoodie. No one comments on it but they do like the look of the Bosch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yes sir Bill, you are definitely right about that, even with out the heated features, it’s a nice looking jacket,

I also have the Milwaukee heated hoodie. No one comments on it but they do like the look of the Bosch.

Quite. a few mention when they see the led all lit up with the different colours. It is what gets their attention, then they start to ask questions about it and generally if they look clean I’ll let them try it on. I think I’ve converted quite a few people.

Doobie

Quite. a few mention when they see the led all lit up with the different colours. It is what gets their attention, then they start to ask questions about it and generally if they look clean I’ll let them try it on.

Nobody tries on my jacket! I’m the one who’s not clean. 😉

🙂

Doobie

Used my jacket tonite in minus 25 degree Celsius temp with no wind. Was wearing a T-shirt and a sweater underneath. Had the jacket on max/red. Arms and lower back were getting cold pretty fast.

Conclusion, this is a fall and spring jacket. This is not a replacement for full winter weather in climes like we get in Canada. Although at times it is use-able at times in winter weather, just not typical real ‘cold’ winter weather.

I’d say the rule of thumb is if the weather warrants what one would typically say is a parka, use the parka.

Doobie

Used my jacket tonite in minus 25 degree Celsius temp with no wind.

That’s minus 13 Fahrenheit btw.

They said the windchill was close to minus 40 C. That would be -40 F.

Isn’t that one of those science class things we had to know years ago when us kids in Canada were being taught both temp scales of Fahrenheit and Celsius because we were all supposed to transition in NA to Celsius? NOT!

PITA for years having both of those scales. I have to say, I’ve gotten used to Celsius. Fahrenheit only means its numbers to me when it’s really hot in the 90’s plus or it hits freezing at 32 degrees. Even though I grew up knowing it well, I’m lost with every other Fahrenheit temp and what it really reflects now.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Used my jacket tonite in minus 25 degree Celsius temp with no wind. Was wearing a T-shirt and a sweater underneath. Had the jacket on max/red. Arms and lower back were getting cold pretty fast.

I wouldn’t expect the jacket to keep you nice and toasty with this weather.
    The news reported that yesterdays temps were the coldest in 20 years.
    Heck I didn’t even poke my head out yesterday. I do have to venture out today though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Conclusion, this is a fall and spring jacket. This is not a replacement for full winter weather in climes like we get in Canada. Although at times it is use-able at times in winter weather, just not typical real ‘cold’ winter weather.

I’d say the rule of thumb is if the weather warrants what one would typically say is a parka, use the parka.

Cant really expect a thin jacket to keep a body warm in those kinda temps. How about something over the Bosch jacket to help? Might still be nice having a little heat going on under the big parka.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Cant really expect a thin jacket to keep a body warm in those kinda temps. How about something over the Bosch jacket to help? Might still be nice having a little heat going on under the big parka.

That’s true Ron, and that’s a good idea about using underneath, like an extra layer, just not to big of a coat.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Quite. a few mention when they see the led all lit up with the different colours. It is what gets their attention, then they start to ask questions about it and generally if they look clean I’ll let them try it on. I think I’ve converted quite a few people.

If they look clean… lol, got a laugh out of that. Good job promoting the Bosch Heated Jacket though!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Chris @Utopia78, can you either link me to where you had a very good mention on how to wash your Bosch jacket or otherwise tell me what to do?

I recall it was not as easy as following the instructions in some respects.

I know they take forever to dry. That’s not a prob in my situation.

What about the embedded 12V wire for the battery pack. Should I fish it out before washing? I would think so!

What kind of detergent do you use?

I’m thinking gentle cycle and hang to dry although I do recall saying you have used a controlled dryer setting yourself. Can’t recall what that may have been.

Would you suggest simply drip dry? I can accommodate that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I agree with Ron those are arctic temps and the jacket is not designed for that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I agree with Ron those are arctic temps and the jacket is not designed for that.

It’s okay for a quick trip out and back, but definitely not for cold cold temperatures, when it reaches a steady -13 and colder, it stays in the closest till it warms up a bit, that being said, I have been wearing it since mid March as the temperature has been very nice for that jacket,

Chris @Utopia78, can you either link me to where you had a very good mention on how to wash your Bosch jacket or otherwise tell me what to do?

I recall it was not as easy as following the instructions in some respects.

I know they take forever to dry. That’s not a prob in my situation.

What about the embedded 12V wire for the battery pack. Should I fish it out before washing? I would think so!

What kind of detergent do you use?

I’m thinking gentle cycle and hang to dry although I do recall saying you have used a controlled dryer setting yourself. Can’t recall what that may have been.

Would you suggest simply drip dry? I can accommodate that.

Thanks for bumping this up and tagging Chris, I will have to wash mine very soon 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.048 seconds