dcsimg

Bosch Heated Jacket

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

does the 4.0 battery feels bulky wearing it in the holster?
    is there a weight difference too?

It would be heavier, but it’s the bulk I don’t want. The 12V is bulky enough for my liking.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

It would be heavier, but it’s the bulk I don’t want. The 12V is bulky enough for my liking.

I agree. With as much twisting and turning as I do on site, ther are a few times each day where I notice the small battery. I think the larger one would get annoying really quick. Not to mention, after two hours, I am usually heated enough that I don’t need the heat feature any longer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I agree. With as much twisting and turning as I do on site, ther are a few times each day where I notice the small battery. I think the larger one would get annoying really quick. Not to mention, after two hours, I am usually heated enough that I don’t need the heat feature any longer.

i agree with you but i am willing to add the bulkiness if i need the heat, i find that heat works well but sometimes you want the length of time as well.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i agree with you but i am willing to add the bulkiness if i need the heat, i find that heat works well but sometimes you want the length of time as well.

so its much better to have 2x 2.0s instead of the 4.0 because of the larger size

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

so its much better to have 2x 2.0s instead of the 4.0 because of the larger size

So far, it’s all a big guess. Nobody has replied who has both types and actually compared them in real life usage.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

So far, it’s all a big guess. Nobody has replied who has both types and actually compared them in real life usage.

True, but I have 5 of the smaller ones, so I wont be getting any 4.0. I have carried additional batteries on my person, and it is not too bad having a spare carried in the other pocket.

Doobie

True, but I have 5 of the smaller ones, so I wont be getting any 4.0. I have carried additional batteries on my person, and it is not too bad having a spare carried in the other pocket.

That’s the same for me as well. Don’t need any more 12V batteries either.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I guess the 4.0 battery would be great for watching a football game or on a deer stand

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i cant say about the bosch jacket but i have the milwaukee hoodie along with their 4 amp batteries.. ive tried using the 4 amp.. it doesnt fit in the pocket because of that the pod falls out

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie

One thing I realized about my Bosch jacket tonite. I went with the family and some friends to an event at the Rogers Centre tonite. As soon as we sat down, you needed to take your coat off as it was just too hot in there to keep it on. I kept my jacket all night tucked between my legs on the floor more or less. It’s nice knowing I didn’t have to worry that anything had slipped out of my pockets at the end of the night when we were leaving as all my pockets on it are zippable and their contents were secure and did not fall out.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have no issues with the 4.0Ah. On a day I know I will be going through batteries, this is the one I start with.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s the same for me as well. Don’t need any more 12V batteries either.

Same here, I have enough 12V tool to keep me in batteries for the jacket. I do have a pair of the 12V 4.0 Ah ones also.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The 12 V I have are getting old and weak so I think I will be getting a couple of new. I really like the coat on these 17 below days.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 12 V I have are getting old and weak so I think I will be getting a couple of new. I really like the coat on these 17 below days.

Kurt nice to see that jacket is keeping you warm on the -17° days.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

I just submitted an E-Repair request from the Bosch site for my PSJ120M jacket + Holster. Well mainly the holster for the USB plug. I have to turn the jacket on/off to get the usb to activate. The USB on button doesn’t do anything. I’ll keep you guys updated…

Doobie

I just submitted an E-Repair request from the Bosch site for my PSJ120M jacket + Holster. Well mainly the holster for the USB plug. I have to turn the jacket on/off to get the usb to activate. The USB on button doesn’t do anything. I’ll keep you guys updated…

Did you try talking to Bosch first on the phone? I’ve never used mine for that USB charging option for my devices, but I do recall reading in the owners manual about it and saying to myself that it was a little tricky to get it to work. There was a process of sorts IIRC. Did you read your manual?

Oh no, hopefully you can get it worked out, I know I was having a slight problem with mine, I jumped the gun, did not fully read the instructions,
    But some members here helped me out, and know it’s perfect, you have to hold down for at least three seconds?
    And I found for charging my phone, the USB cable was to good.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Please tell me you tried holding the red button for more than 10 seconds

A Working Pro since 2004

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have not tried the phone charger yet. Is the connecting end suppose to be poking through the chest pocket? I can feel the wire, but as of yet, I have not found the end.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Warren6810 You would use your own usb to phone cable. Plug it in the hoster, run the cable inside the jacket to the hole by the top of the front chest pocket. Because the hole it at the top you can easily zip up the zipper and lock your phone in. Then to activate you would hold the red button down on the holster until it started charging the phone. It may take several seconds of holding the red button down. Hope this helps
    Btw that would be a neat idea to already have a connection in your front top pocket.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.855 seconds