dcsimg

Bosch Heated Jacket

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Are you going to embroider “utopia78″ on it? :)

Noooo, there be wires inside. Maybe a screen print

Agreed @dabbs but @yellaD saw @R-ice jacket and he had a professional do it in the upper collar away from the wires.

A Working Pro since 2004

redwood
    Pro

You guys got me think that I need to get a jacket. I don’t think they have them at my Lowes, to try on, but then I’ve never looked for them.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

You guys got me think that I need to get a jacket. I don’t think they have them at my Lowes, to try on, but then I’ve never looked for them.

Would be neat to have a demo in store to try the heat settings also.

A Working Pro since 2004

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I was at Lowes here yesterday and was very disapointed in the Bosch display. I did not see any heated jackets. I have only seen them in more specialty tool stores

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

FWIW, I ended up looking at the sizing chart and going off of the recommendation for arm legnth. I have me the largest size with my ape arms, so that was what I went with.

redwood
    Pro

How do you measure your arm length? Armpit to wrist?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I had forgotten just how warm this jacket was until I wore it today. It was mid 50s here and I definitely did not need to zip it up, let alone wear it unless I was in the shadowy part on the roof of our school, or when there were strong gusts of wind. This jacket does a really great job of stopping the wind.

John S

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Typically, you measure from the top side of the shoulder near the collar bone. That’s how a tailor measures anyway…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

This jacket does a really great job of stopping the wind.

That is a great feature. I have other coats that have a wind stop liner inside and it really makes a difference in warmth. Any new coat acquisition will have to have that for me.

Doobie

I was at Lowes here yesterday and was very disapointed in the Bosch display. I did not see any heated jackets. I have only seen them in more specialty tool stores

I thought the same thing when I went to mine. I had seen they had them at that store online on sale, but when I got there, the fellows in the tools/hardware dept knew nothing about them. It was only when I showed them on my tablet that they should have them there somewhere that they looked into for me and eventually discovered they were on a display behind the contractors pro desk.

Today I was in HD and they had Dewalt jackets and heated hoodies. They were all strapped up with theft deterent devices.

I think jackets are high theft items. Makes sense. Waltz into the store this time of year with a shirt on, walk out wearing a jacket. I can see how they would have a tendency to keep them behind a counter or locked up in some manner.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I think jackets are high theft items. Makes sense. Waltz into the store this time of year with a shirt on, walk out wearing a jacket. I can see how they would have a tendency to keep them behind a counter or locked up in some manner.

These are expensive jackets also…so even more likely to be stolen, IMO.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you going to embroider “utopia78″ on it? :)

Noooo, there be wires inside. Maybe a screen print

Agreed @dabbs but @yellaD saw @R-ice jacket and he had a professional do it in the upper collar away from the wires.

Oh ok, Just didn’t want anyone to make that mistake LOL.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today I was in HD and they had Dewalt jackets and heated hoodies. They were all strapped up with theft deterent devices.

I too was in HD today and saw that display, But there wasn’t any jackets. Just hoodies with one on display all cabled up like you say, there wasn’t even a jacket on display. That spot was empty, Either someone stole it or they sold it

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i might just gonna order from homedepot.com the size i usually wear “L” and i will see if it fits or not. i can still return it and bring it to the store

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

FWIW, I ended up looking at the sizing chart and going off of the recommendation for arm legnth. I have me the largest size with my ape arms, so that was what I went with.

Holy crap, My arms didn’t even make the small size LOL. And my chest size isn’t anywhere near that size either, but I can’t fit in a small so I don’t know about the accuracy of that chart

Here’s the chart and how

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had forgotten just how warm this jacket was until I wore it today. It was mid 50s here and I definitely did not need to zip it up, let alone wear it unless I was in the shadowy part on the roof of our school, or when there were strong gusts of wind. This jacket does a really great job of stopping the wind.

Looks like that jacket will come in handy on your new job. Glad to hear it is keeping you warm.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So I ended up buying two of these from CPO Bosch and they came in two weeks ago. I ended up paying about a 106 for Samantha and 101 for me, The last two weeks it has gotten pretty cold at night and after going for a three mile walk I had the coat off because I was sweating to death. The jackets are fitted great. I am 601 220 and pretty broad shouldered. I have a problem with my work shirts running short in the arms because of my shoulders, I have been wearing an XL champion hoodie under my XL Bosch jacket and sleeves are long! They actually fall to my knuckles which is fantastic. Roomy fit. I bought my wife one because she is an equestrian and rides quite a bit. She’s tiny but I bought her a medium and it fits on the larger size which I what I figured so she can wear it over her ridding gear and even her armor. I talked my Brother (pro plumber) to get him and his fiancé these too. He loves them too. We are going for an extended ATV ride next weekend and it’s going to be pretty cold so I’ll chime in again then because I’ll be wearing this awesome coat.

By the way, I ordered these reconditioned. They were brand spanking new with the 2.0s for the price I quoted plus $7 shipping. UNBELIEVABLE price. Super happy

Here’s the coats in my dining room!

Attachments:
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

So I ended up buying two of these from CPO Bosch and they came in two weeks ago. I ended up paying about a 106 for Samantha and 101 for me

Nice find on the jackets Chris.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So I ended up buying two of these from CPO Bosch By the way, I ordered these reconditioned. They were brand spanking new

Oh wow reconditioned jackets must of been size returns maybe. Good info to know that there is a lower price on the jackets for the US.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.804 seconds