dcsimg

Bosch Heated Jacket

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Going to grab a second Bosch Heated Jacket. My used one will turn into a pure work jacket and the new one into nights out on the town.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Going to grab a second Bosch Heated Jacket. My used one will turn into a pure work jacket and the new one into nights out on the town.

I think that’s a good idea, They are nice to wear out other than at work too. that way ya don’t worry about getting the work one dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Totally @Dabbs!! I use to wear a Dakota windbreaker over it last Winter when I was working. It was all about the warmth and keeping it clean for later that night. I’m not too sure what the abrasion threshold is on the fabric though. I don’t want to test it out! Can you believe that? What happened to me lol.

I’m sort of wishing Blaklader and Bosch would make one together in the future. Cordura could be involved.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Totally @Dabbs!! I use to wear a Dakota windbreaker over it last Winter when I was working. It was all about the warmth and keeping it clean for later that night. I’m not too sure what the abrasion threshold is on the fabric though. I don’t want to test it out! Can you believe that? What happened to me lol.

I’m sort of wishing Blaklader and Bosch would make one together in the future. Cordura could be involved.

Cordura would be awesome! How easy is it to move in the Bosch jacket? It looks like a fairly stiff shell.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

How warm is the jacket when the heat isn’t being used? What temperatures would you say it would be comfortable to wear it in with and without heat?

Dan

danpattison.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

How warm is the jacket when the heat isn’t being used? What temperatures would you say it would be comfortable to wear it in with and without heat?

I think it a warm jacket with out using the heat. But is nice to be able to knock out the chill as soon as you put the jacket on.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Cordura would be awesome! How easy is it to move in the Bosch jacket? It looks like a fairly stiff shell.

I find the shell very easy to move around in. Maybe I’ve worked it in a bit..

I think it a warm jacket with out using the heat. But is nice to be able to knock out the chill as soon as you put the jacket on.

Agreed Ron. I find in the Fall it keeps you warm without the heat on but it is a nice function for that optimal body temperature/comfort.

A Working Pro since 2004

yellaD
    Pro

Are you going to embroider “utopia78” on it? 🙂

Doobie

I was thinking of getting a second one as well. One with a heavy sweater underneath, and anothe for wear with a thinner long sleeve shirt.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Totally Dabbs!!

Now that would be a great work jacket, durable and heated. What more could you ask for?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Bosch jacket is fairly easy to move in. I have no trouble using it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

its easy to move in and work in but you don’t need the heat on in the fall. Lowes by my house just put up a rack with all the heated gear linked with chain on display. Out of all of them the bosch one looks the best, the heated sweater from some other company feels very hard and not comfy at all.

@utopia78 that would be a great idea Chris, about Bosch and Blaklader making one together.
    Can’t wait to get mine, it felt nice when I tried it on at C T, not to heavy, but just right for working in I would guess.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I was thinking of getting a second one as well. One with a heavy sweater underneath, and anothe for wear with a thinner long sleeve shirt.

How is the sizing? I have a Columbia shell jacket that a looks just like the Bosch…its a Large. Does the Bosch run true to size?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you going to embroider “utopia78″ on it? :)

Noooo, there be wires inside. Maybe a screen print

Anonymous
    Inactive

How is the sizing? I have a Columbia shell jacket that a looks just like the Bosch…its a Large. Does the Bosch run true to size?

They ran a little big for me. But other’s had the opposite problem of it running small LOL, How’s that for an answer LOL. I think it all depends on how yer built, I thought the arms were a bit long for the size but that’s good for a work jacket. Allows you to reach out easily, That’s the main reason I had to go to the next size smaller.

Your best bet is to find a store that has them and try em on if ya can, The good thing is if you get one off the list BTP will exchange it for a different size. I ended up getting two rather than exchanging the first one, Decided to give it away instead.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

its easy to move in and work in but you don’t need the heat on in the fall. Lowes by my house just put up a rack with all the heated gear linked with chain on display. Out of all of them the bosch one looks the best, the heated sweater from some other company feels very hard and not comfy at all.

i wish my local lowes would carry that gear in the store.
    then i would try on the jackets to see which size fits best

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I’m gonna say yes and no. I normally wear XL sizes in things. I went to Lowes one time for other things and saw the bosch jacket display and decided to try them on as a lark. Fell in love with getting one, so I redeemed for one.

The XL was just a hint tight around the shoulders armpit. Not noticeable at first putting it on, but when I moved around in it, it concerned me enough to try on the XXL especially if I was wearing a thicker garment on underneath than the T-Shirt I was wearing at the time.

The body fit of the XXL was a lot looser now but not overly baggy, but now the sleeves were gonna be a bit long on me. I ordered the XXL and in regards to the sleeves being long, I just turned in the velcro banded cuffs inwards. So far wearing the jacket a dozen times, this has worked. The cuffs don’t tend to unfurl themselves in normal use and they don’t feel ‘bunchy’ for lack of a better word around my wrists.

Like I said earlier, I’m thinking of also ordering an XL too. One for when I’m working in not super cold weather, and the other for those really cold winter days for primarily snowblowing/shovelling the driveway with a thicker garment underneath so my arms don’t freeze as the heating elements are only on the back and front chest area of the jacket.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like our sizing findings are the same with the longer sleeves, I figured it must just be me having short arms or something. So, Like I was thinking earlier I bet they do that on purpose for easier reaching since it’s suppose to be a work jacket. I like that idea from Bosch

Looks like our sizing findings are the same with the longer sleeves, I figured it must just be me having short arms or something. So, Like I was thinking earlier I bet they do that on purpose for easier reaching since it’s suppose to be a work jacket. I like that idea from Bosch

I ordered the XL I’m between L and XL, as far as the arms length, I’m okay so far, guess I haven’t fully evolved yet lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.970 seconds