dcsimg

Bosch GWS18V-45 and GWS18V-50

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I was looking at the replacement parts for the Bosch GWS18V-50 angle grinder.

GWS18V-45 18V brushed 4.5″ angle grinder
    GWS18V-50 18V brushed 5.0″ angle grinder

I noticed that these two grinders are completely identical in every which way. All their part numbers are the same. The ONLY difference is the wheel guard.

The GWS18V-50 is the GWS18V-45 with a slightly bigger wheel guard.

LOL, I had no idea.

CB
    Pro

Milwaukee did the same thing, at least a couple decades ago when I bought their Super Magnum grinders, which I had to special order because the local stores didn’t carry this brute of a 4.5/5″ grinder that had 13 amps on tap.

The only difference was the blade guard, AND, for the random orbit sanding accessory head, the counterweight in the RO head was different for the 5″ model than the 4.5″ model.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I was looking at the replacement parts for the Bosch GWS18V-50 angle grinder.

GWS18V-45 18V brushed 4.5″ angle grinder
    GWS18V-50 18V brushed 5.0″ angle grinder

I noticed that these two grinders are completely identical in every which way. All their part numbers are the same. The ONLY difference is the wheel guard.

The GWS18V-50 is the GWS18V-45 with a slightly bigger wheel guard.

LOL, I had no idea.

they sure are haha. and guess what, the CAG180 as well. just the older name for the GWS18V-45 and minus the vibration control handle 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I didn’t know CAG180 is the same. I have always wondered why the CAD180 was priced higher in most stores.

If you buy the GWS18V-45 then order the 5″ wheel guard as a part from Bosch, it still is $20+ cheaper than getting the GWS18V-50.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I didn’t know CAG180 is the same. I have always wondered why the CAD180 was priced higher in most stores.

If you buy the GWS18V-45 then order the 5″ wheel guard as a part from Bosch, it still is $20+ cheaper than getting the GWS18V-50.

yeah CAG180 was the first name for it, than they renamed the entire line to accommodate the german model names

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.324 seconds