dcsimg

Bosch GSR12V FlexiClick System

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I just unboxed my FlexiClick System. Wow! I am impressed even before using it!

1. Weight/Balance: When selecting a drill/driver, I first check the balance. Does it feel right in my hand? This is important to me since I want it to feel like an extension of my body when using it, rather than an awkward lump of metal. I’ve liked the balance of previous 12v Bosch drills, and this one does not disappoint. Although each attachment has different shapes and sizes, they all balance well when attached to the main body. Nicely done, Bosch!
    2. Spare Battery: This system comes with 2 batteries. May seem like a minor point, however, to me it’s a big deal. It’s a relief to know that I can have one on the charger while I’m working.
    3. Built-In Work Light: Normally, the work light turns on when the trigger switch is depressed and immediately turns off when releasing the trigger. This one is different. Depress the trigger and the light remains on for about 15 seconds after releasing the trigger. That’s a really smart feature. Nice to be able to use the work light to better set the drill when working in tight spaces.
    4. Keyless Chuck: Finally I no longer need to swap drills when I want to use non-hex bits. That’s a huge plus to me. Before I bought my first cordless Bosch drill, I’d be dragging extension cords to the job or working awkwardly maneuvering around the cord on my chucked drill. Now I can take all of my bits to use with just one drill. That’s a big convenience.
    5. Attaching the Adapters: Easy as can be!! Just slip them on and turn the locking collar. It’s easy to see if the adapter is locked in or not. And, for the offset and angle adapters, there are 3 different positions for attaching them. Makes it nice to have them at the angle you need to do the job. Very versatile feature.

The reason I’m writing this review in the Rewards Section is that this tool is offered as one of the Rewards. However, I’m glad that I didn’t wait to accumulate my points before getting it. I do hope that you guys who are on the fence about owning one yourselves will find this review helpful.

Pat

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great review DD. Nice to see you back. Yes the FlexiClck is a great tool. Glad to hear you like it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the quick review, Pat, I’m still on the fence but it’s getting harder to stay there. lol

For me, it will be an expansion of my 12v platform and a logical one to add.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanks for the quick review, Pat, I’m still on the fence but it’s getting harder to stay there. lol

For me, it will be an expansion of my 12v platform and a logical one to add.

Thanks Pat! I’m in the same position …looks cool, but do I really need it or would I even use it? I think the offset head would be the selling point for me if I ever do get it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

If I didn’t already have my Festool CXS I would definitely want one of these. I have the 12 volt Bosch brushless driver and love it. I’ve been tempted to get this just for the offset driver, but don’t think I’d use it enough to justify it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the offset head would be the selling point for me if I ever do get it.

This is the only reason I need it. Where did you get it from DD?

Doobie

5. Attaching the Adapters: Easy as can be!! Just slip them on and turn the locking collar. It’s easy to see if the adapter is locked in or not. And, for the offset and angle adapters, there are 3 different positions for attaching them. Makes it nice to have them at the angle you need to do the job. Very versatile feature.

Yes, but once you have either the RA or off-center head affixed and locked on you can also just pull the spring loaded head away and reset it into 16 different positions to better accomodate the orientation it should be in for a task. Not having read my owners manual, I used mine for a while before figuring this out on my own. Doh!

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I got it from Amazon, DWB

The offset was a strong selling point for me, too.
    I’m impressed that a tool with different weight attachments would still feel so nicely balanced in my hand.

Typically, I carry 3 drills with me. Two cordless 12v for normal duty and a corded chucked drill for when I either need more power or want to use my non-hex bits. Now, I only need to carry 1, except when I really need that extra power.

However, I usually find that the Bosch 12v have enough power to do just about anything I want. Several years ago, my 12v actually outperformed an 18v Craftsman by a lot.

Pat

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Yes, but once you have either the RA or off-center head affixed and locked on you can also just pull the spring loaded head away and reset it into 16 different positions to better accomodate the orientation it should be in for a task. Not having read my owners manual, I used mine for a while before figuring this out on my own. Doh!

Thanks! I hadn’t gotten that far yet. I appreciate the info.

Pat

Doobie

Just for those wondering of the virtues of that off-center chuck for the Flexi, check out how else can you easily execute this?

Since I received my Flexi some weeks ago, it has proven itself multiple times now for what are otherwise PITA situations versus other alternatives or simply not possible otherwise.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

@Doobie,
    Just the offset head is enough to make that a great purchase – the rest is just gravy. 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

@doobie,
    Just the offset head is enough to make that a great purchase – the rest is just gravy. 🙂

Exactly, the offset is really the only attachment I really wanted it for. The RA attachment is a very distant secondary attachment that may be handy for me at times, but so far not being used yet. I already have a host of Bosch 12V drills and drivers and impacts, so getting it just as a driver was of no real benefit for me.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

how else can you easily execute this?

With a trim nail gun.

Doobie

With a trim nail gun.

Not as secure as screws though. I like screws for that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ust for those wondering of the virtues of that off-center chuck for the Flexi,

Kevin great pictures of the best feature of the FlexiClick.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

very nice first impression of yours about the flexiclic @DesertDeuces

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With a trim nail gun.

For holding trim in place??? I have never used screws for that.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Nice review – I love that Bosch changes their light-on duration, I love when drills stay lit for a bit after, I don’t know how many times I’ve used a drill as a flashlight!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

With a trim nail gun.

Everyone’s personal preference right? 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t know how many times I’ve used a drill as a flashlight!

Same here it is so handy why reach for a flashight.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.553 seconds