dcsimg

Bosch GSR 10,8 V-EC TE Professional Drywall Screwgun

This topic contains 96 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Yeah the brushless is better for sure and this has the newer NAINA 2.5 ah batteries as well. I thought about using a 4ah batt but it would take away the compact size I love.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

this has the newer NAINA 2.5 ah batteries as well.

Oh you have the 2.5Ah batteries too. I take it the size is comparable to our 12V battery with a bit more capacity. Wonder why Bosch does not release them here?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh you have the 2.5Ah batteries too. I take it the size is comparable to our 12V battery with a bit more capacity. Wonder why Bosch does not release them here?

Correct..almost identical in size to the 2ah batts. Like everything NAINA…we seem to never get a straight answer from anyone that really knows…all speculation on our part.

Andrew

Correct..almost identical in size to the 2ah batts. Like everything NAINA…we seem to never get a straight answer from anyone that really knows…all speculation on our part.

Similar to the 6ah 18v… Even though it is listed, nobody sells it

Im beginning to realize WE are the experts on what works and where to buy for Bosch- we get rewarded with the toys, and Bosch press releases tell the public to come here for more info

@bethepro I’m starting to think it would help if we got releases posted here as soon as they can be publicly available. We could ask questions and it would align with press releases telling people to come here for more info. Might even be a good way to pick up some new members.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Correct..almost identical in size to the 2ah batts.

That does sound like a good battery,, I like to call that size battery pellet batteries.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@bethepro I’m starting to think it would help if we got releases posted here as soon as they can be publicly available. We could ask questions and it would align with press releases telling people to come here for more info. Might even be a good way to pick up some new members.

That is a great idea, although the press releases from Bosch are infrequent they do give great overview of technical information. I will try to get PR’s as posts on BTP in the future. But when it comes to actually using the tools, you (the members of this forum) are the real experts.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you BTP, maybe a sticky thread would help so they will all be in one place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is a great idea, although the press releases from Bosch are infrequent they do give great overview of technical information. I will try to get PR’s as posts on BTP in the future. But when it comes to actually using the tools, you (the members of this forum) are the real experts.

This would be really helpful to see a sticky thread from Bosch including a heads up when these tools become available here.

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Has anyone tried to fasten a screw into wood using this screwgun ?

Has anyone tried to fasten a screw into wood using this screwgun ?

Yes…me..the first time I used it. It did fine.

Andrew

redwood
    Pro

Wow, am I late to this thread. I love it Andrew, though I’m kind of used to the Dura Spin collated screws. I get finger cuts whenever I use straight drywall screws.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Wow, am I late to this thread. I love it Andrew, though I’m kind of used to the Dura Spin collated screws. I get finger cuts whenever I use straight drywall screws.

That’s why they have the MA55 adapter Mark, for guys who prefer collated. It works with this screwgun, the 18v, amd the 110v models.

Andrew

Doobie
    Pro

Im beginning to realize WE are the experts on what works and where to buy for Bosch- we get rewarded with the toys, and Bosch press releases tell the public to come here for more info

Never really dawned on me, but I guess we are. Never thought I’d enjoy so much being a ‘lab rat’ so to speak.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yeah the brushless is better for sure and this has the newer NAINA 2.5 ah batteries as well. I thought about using a 4ah batt but it would take away the compact size I love.

I love the pellet size batteries too. The ones I use real 2.0Ah.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

dawned

What kind of wood did you drive the screw in ? Softwood or Hardwood ? I am just wondering how much torque this screwdriver has.

@rylim
    I secured two pieces of Type X drywall onto an I joist just fine, the depth stop kicked in before I ran out of torque.

Its definitely not torquey like a driver or drill but it’ll surprise you with a twist if you use it on something that’s got the screw bottomed out or stuck. It’ll do that well enough that the camming action on a phillips bit will bump the screwgun first and that’ll disengage the clutch before you realize it.

Doobie
    Pro

@rylim
    I secured two pieces of Type X drywall onto an I joist just fine, the depth stop kicked in before I ran out of torque.

Its definitely not torquey like a driver or drill but it’ll surprise you with a twist if you use it on something that’s got the screw bottomed out or stuck. It’ll do that well enough that the camming action on a phillips bit will bump the screwgun first and that’ll disengage the clutch before you realize it.

That’s what I figured based on Andrews comments about it.

There’s a lot of 12 voltish tools nowadays that can do the majority of tasks needed for tasks now whereas years ago this caliber of tool would have to frequently be supplemented by having a big brother within reach.

So nice using a 12V versus an 18V for long durations and also for practicality. Those 12V drivers don’t need hooks or be carried in seperate containers necessarily. I tuck mine in my BlakLader pants pockets quote frequently movin around.

Since I was curious too:

On a 2×3 cutoff with a 2″ #8 drywall screw without the depth limiter or any predrilling. It was a pretty dry piece.

Attachments:

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

@rylim

At first, I thought it wouldn’t have a good torque as it doesn’t have a sophisticated gear box. It seems like I have a wrong assumption on it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It is slightly underpowered when driving 1-5/8″ into yellow pine

@reflector @overanalyze
    So how are your guns holding up? Are you using it a lot?
    Did you regret the purchase or still happy with it?

Just asking because I’m thinking about to buy one.
    Because how it looks like we won’t get that gun in NA.
    Andrew you said in the other thread that the gun is a bit under powered.
    Do you still think that way or has it changed? 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.601 seconds