dcsimg

Bosch GSR 10,8 V-EC TE Professional Drywall Screwgun

This topic contains 96 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Author

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Been a while I think, at least 2 years since 2.0 came out so we are due for an upgrade.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The first tools I have had with a light have been the Bosch from this site. Not saying I can’t live without them but it sure makes life easier especially when wherever you are working is dark. It helps and glad I have them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thats a great video, thanks. I am agree that the 12 v would be the ticket. Looks sweet.

RyanF
    Pro

Wow, very impressive video of it in use @overanalyze. I haven’t caught up on your basement thread, so I may have missed it, but did you get /do you have the semi-auto accessory as well? Looks like you are able to work at a really solid pace without it.

He had said in the other thread he basically didn’t care for the MA55 autofeed accessory.

Why add weight back on with an auto feed. Look how easy it is to use that compact unit and its obvious light weight.

I’m learning from the pros here that auto feeds are best as those pogo type auto feed setups for flooring/decking, plus the darn screw strips are pricey. Makes sense once you think about it.

Why? Speed.

Nice video OA. Out of curiousity, why’d you put hat channels on that section? To plumb it up?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Been a while I think, at least 2 years since 2.0 came out so we are due for an upgrade.

Really two years already, man how time flies when you’re having fun. Lol

Doobie
    Pro

Nice video OA. Out of curiousity, why’d you put hat channels on that section? To plumb it up?

It’s for sound proofing/deadening purposes. He had mentioned it in his basement thread in more detail that was part of it.

Here’s the thread here….

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/overanalyzes-basement-finally/

Wow!!! A lot of interest here…That is great! Thanks @doobie for answering some of the questions. Spot on for why no MA55 attachment and why I did the hat channel.

I really do like the concept of the collated screws….but at the end of the day, except for when you are putting in the initial few screws, I still prefer to use regular screws. I can get a pretty good groove going and the small speed increase doesn’t out weigh the extra cost of the screws (to me). Now I will say it has taken me a bit to get to that point. We used to use the Senco Duraspin cordless drills and now I prefer the non-collated screwgun. I would guess any regular board hanger only uses screwguns….I know my regular hangers do.

For subfloor installation I still LOVE!!! our 110v Senco collated screw gun..but it is dedicated just to that task.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Awesome video and the drill really sounds like it has power to push the screws .

Always willing to learn .

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

@overanalyze Did you buy the auto-feeder attachment ?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the video too.. Is the drywall up yet? I can;t wait to see it all up. I love to see the drywall up.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

@rylim I missed it in the other thread, but just a few posts up Doobie summarized why OA did not buy the auto feeder attachment (MA55). Just look up a few posts…

John S

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks @doobie for answering some of the questions. Spot on for why no MA55 attachment and why I did the hat channel.

No prob Andrew. Any feedback yet on how much the battery lasts?

And did you say that unlike its NA corded cousin, it does not require the Bosch proprietor bit? Any bit will do. Have you tried it with anything non-Phillips?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice to see the little gun in use, Andrew. That’s going on my want list.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

I like the video too.. Is the drywall up yet? I can;t wait to see it all up. I love to see the drywall up.

lol..not yet. It will be on hold for a few weeks. I too can’t wait for it to be all hung.

Thanks @doobie for answering some of the questions. Spot on for why no MA55 attachment and why I did the hat channel.

No prob Andrew. Any feedback yet on how much the battery lasts?

And did you say that unlike its NA corded cousin, it does not require the Bosch proprietor bit? Any bit will do. Have you tried it with anything non-Phillips?

I have not used it anymore since when I made the video. I still haven’t killed a battery so I can’t say anything on the battery life. When I hang the rest I will make sure to keep track of it.

Andrew

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

@rylim I missed it in the other thread, but just a few posts up Doobie summarized why OA did not buy the auto feeder attachment (MA55). Just look up a few posts…

I must have missed the post. I will look up the posts.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Nice video and great tool, anything that makes hanging drywall easier gets an a+ in my book!

I was able to use this again today. It does exactly what I wanted it for. I didn’t hang a ton of drywall today…about 12 sheets of 5/8″. I was using 1-5/8″ self drilling drywall screws into 25g metal. I still had 2 bars on the battery after those sheets. It fits so nice either in my front hammer loop or my right tool bag. To me, worth the money.

Andrew

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The battery life sounds impressive! I’ve never hung Sheetrock over metal studs before, but I can knock one bar off of my 12v tools quite quickly. Brushless stuff is great!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

I was able to use this again today. It does exactly what I wanted it for. I didn’t hang a ton of drywall today…about 12 sheets of 5/8″. I was using 1-5/8″ self drilling drywall screws into 25g metal. I still had 2 bars on the battery after those sheets. It fits so nice either in my front hammer loop or my right tool bag. To me, worth the money.

It sounds like such an ideal tool. Wish it wasn’t NAINA. I’d buy one in a flash.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The brushless stuff is great. I notice a difference in battery life between my 12V PS22 drill driver (brushless) and my PS10 right angle driver. The PS22 battery life is longer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.977 seconds