dcsimg

Bosch GSR 10,8 V-EC TE Professional Drywall Screwgun

This topic contains 96 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 97 total)
  • Author

In order to keep my basement thread a little more on topic I thought I would start this one for the new drywall screwgun. Here is a quick video of it in use. I was installing 1/2″ drywall on 25g metal hat channel using 1-5/8″ self-drilling, fine thread drywall screws.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

OK now I want one. Looks like it did a good job sinking the screws. And the light looks real bright.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

monman1
    Pro

Looks like it works great!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that is pretty slick. How many sheets on a charge and where did you get it?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that is really neat. Great find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

OK now I want one. Looks like it did a good job sinking the screws. And the light looks real bright.

It does a great job setting the scews and the depth adjustment is very easy to change,

that is pretty slick. How many sheets on a charge and where did you get it?

Hey Brad!! I ordered it from ToolStop in the UK. Not sure how many sheets but this has the newer 2.5ah batts and they claim approx 800 to 1000 screws on one battery. I am sure it varies with screw length, hardness of the wood, etc. I used it for a couple hours on Friday on one battery with no issue.

Andrew

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That looks sweet, I am also curious on how far it goes on a charge. I believe Bosch also has a 18V drywall gun, any reason you went with the 12V I have not seen that one before.

That looks sweet, I am also curious on how far it goes on a charge. I believe Bosch also has a 18V drywall gun, any reason you went with the 12V I have not seen that one before.

Yes they do have an 18v. Actually the 18v is available in the States. I don’t hang a lot of drywall. I liked the compact size of this one and I have other 12v tools.

Andrew

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nice! I was considering picking up an 18v Makita, but now I’m thinking this smaller Bosch 12v would be a great choice as well. Thanks for posting the video!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

That is a nice compact little unit. Must be half the weight of the 18V. Shows 2lbs with battery. Brushless ta boot. Have you done any overhead work? As the Brits say, “Nice bit of kit”, you got there!

I WANT ONE!!!

That is a nice compact little unit. Must be half the weight of the 18V. Shows 2lbs with battery. Brushless ta boot. Have you done any overhead work? As the Brits say, “Nice bit of kit”, you got there!

I WANT ONE!!!

No overhead work yet. I have the ceiling to hang in the theater room so it will get some overhead time.

Andrew

Wow, very impressive video of it in use @overanalyze. I haven’t caught up on your basement thread, so I may have missed it, but did you get /do you have the semi-auto accessory as well? Looks like you are able to work at a really solid pace without it.

John S

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

@overanalyze thanks for the great video, I don’t do much drywall work but this looks like an impressive tool and I would consider one down the road if I have the need for it.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Quite impressive what these new brushless tools can do eh? Of course the 2.5AH battery doesn’t hurt either, wonder when can we see it on this side of the pond.

Doobie
    Pro

Wow, very impressive video of it in use @overanalyze. I haven’t caught up on your basement thread, so I may have missed it, but did you get /do you have the semi-auto accessory as well? Looks like you are able to work at a really solid pace without it.

He had said in the other thread he basically didn’t care for the MA55 autofeed accessory.

I have to agree with him watching him work. Why add weight back on with an auto feed. Look how easy it is to use that compact unit and its obvious light weight.

I’m learning from the pros here that auto feeds are best as those pogo type auto feed setups for flooring/decking, plus the darn screw strips are pricey. Makes sense once you think about it.

Another question though Andrew, that light the driver shines in the video seems real powerful. Is it in fact distracting? Or does it just look worse in the video than in actuality. Can it be disabled via any toggle switch or other easy method if so desired?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like you picked a winner! I think I’d like to have the auto feed to try out on it. I wonder why this is not available in the states yet??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

@doobie

I got the GSR 10,8 V-EC TE as well. The light stays on, but it isn’t really annoying and its more like a bare LED than the little optic that directs the LED in a pattern on the PS22/32.

Cool! Thank you for posting the video @overanalyze.

Just curious how much the shipping was from the UK?

Doobie
    Pro

@doobie

I got the GSR 10,8 V-EC TE as well. The light stays on, but it isn’t really annoying and its more like a bare LED than the little optic that directs the LED in a pattern on the PS22/32.

Sounds like it is better than what I thought it may have looked like. Some of those auto lights are more distracting than helpful I have experienced. I have an older drill that has had a piece of blue painter’s tape over where the light is for years now. Couldn’t stand the blueish light it emmited.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@overanalyze, great video, looks like a great purchase, I didn’t know that they are coming out with the 2.5 amp hour battery, wasn’t too long ago that they brought out the 2.0 amp.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.689 seconds