dcsimg

Bosch GSC 18 V-16 Cordless Metal Shear

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bbernardesjr87 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Hello everyone,

Has anyone used this tool from Bosch?
    I knew they have a 12v version, but this one is 18v.
    As I work with sheet metal, guttering and metal roofing, this tool would be perfect!

Some specs:

Voltage: 18v
    Stroke Rate at No Load: 3,400 spm
    Cut Thickness: 1.6 mm
    Minimum Curve Radius: 35 mm
    Max. Cutting Capacity in Steel (800 N/mm²): 0.7 mm
    Max. Cutting Capacity in Steel (600 N/mm²): 1 mm
    Max. Cutting Capacity in Steel (400 N/mm²): 1.6 mm
    Max. Cutting Capacity in Aluminium (250 N/mm²): 2.0 mm
    Approx. Runtime Using 5.0Ah (80%/100%): 30 / 45 mins
    Weight (exc. Battery): 1.5 Kg

NOISE & VIBRATION

Sound Pressure Level: 70 dB(A)
    Sound Power Level: 81 dB(A)
    Uncertainty K: 3 dB
    Vibration Cutting Sheet Metal:
    Vibration Emission Value ah: 9.6 m/s²
    Uncertainty K: 1.5 m/s²

Thanks!

CB
    Pro

I do metal flashing, often with 20 gauge, and I won’t use nibblers or electric metal shears due to the kerf loss of material (power cutters often remove a 1/8″ strip of material that curls up out of the cut line). I use tin snips only. I have probably 8 different snip shapes.

When I’m cutting and folding for corners, I want all the material there, otherwise there will be holes in the corners for the solder to have to fill and bridge over. If the material is MIA due to the cutting instrument, then the flaps I’m cutting will not meet tight at the corners where they overlap. I don’t want my joints relying on solder for run off. And all it takes is for one hole where water concentration penetrates to cause problems years down the road.

I’ve fixed plenty of those problems that builders before me created.

Doobie
    Pro

Not sure if you realize it Ben, I don’t believe this tool is available in NA.

Nonetheless, here’s a UK product page for anybody interested in importing it.

https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/product/cordless-metal-shear-gsc-18v-16–43863–0601926200

@bbernardesjr87

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As I work with sheet metal, guttering and metal roofing, this tool would be perfect!

That is the 16ga. shear. Will it cut lighter gauge metal as well?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

I do metal flashing, often with 20 gauge, and I won’t use nibblers or electric metal shears due to the kerf loss of material (power cutters often remove a 1/8″ strip of material that curls up out of the cut line). I use tin snips only. I have probably 8 different snip shapes.

When I’m cutting and folding for corners, I want all the material there, otherwise there will be holes in the corners for the solder to have to fill and bridge over. If the material is MIA due to the cutting instrument, then the flaps I’m cutting will not meet tight at the corners where they overlap. I don’t want my joints relying on solder for run off. And all it takes is for one hole where water concentration penetrates to cause problems years down the road.

I’ve fixed plenty of those problems that builders before me created.

Hey @cb I know what you mean, I do have different shapes of snips as well and I understand about your type of work.

I deal with 30, 28, 26, 24, 22 and 20 gauge material, it all depends on the project.

Sometimes at the workshop I work with really wide sheet metal panels, pieces, models….etc, then an 18v cordless shears like this would come handy, as this model does not waste material, it cuts one line.

I rarely see the benefit of those double cutting shears for my work, cause sometimes we can’t waste that material which is cut off.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Not sure if you realize it Ben, I don’t believe this tool is available in NA.

Nonetheless, here’s a UK product page for anybody interested in importing it.

https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/product/cordless-metal-shear-gsc-18v-16–43863–0601926200

@bbernardesjr87

Hello Kevin @doobie , yeah unfortunately this is a NAINA tool, but there is the 12v model which is pretty similar and its available in North America.
    I mention it here, just in cause someone got it, I like the idea of a 18v version…I wouldn’t need to carry different batteries and would stick only to 18v platform.

Importation it’s not a problem for me, my dad always imported tools from another countries for our company. For sure I would prefer something near me, but sometimes we gotta do that to meet our needs.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Hey @dirtywhiteboy 16ga is the maximum cutting capacity, for sure you can cut lighter materials, it’s a handy tool and leaves a good clean edge on the material. You should try it.
    Another companies offer this type of shears, corded or cordless.
    Fein, Makita, Malco, Milwaukee, just to name a few.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey @dirtywhiteboy 16ga is the maximum cutting capacity, for sure you can cut lighter materials, it’s a handy tool and leaves a good clean edge on the material. You should try it.

That’s nice to know,, 16ga. is thick stuff too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

That’s nice to know,, 16ga. is thick stuff too.

For sure 16ga is heavy duty stuff lol @dirtywhiteboy well, we never know what’s coming as next job so, better to have an overkill tool than not having it. I’ve never worked with 16ga material, the maximum was 20ga.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.381 seconds