dcsimg

bosch gsa18v

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I saw a few days ago that amazon.com should get in stock and it would be ready for shipping on 08/06 but it changed again to 1-2 month shipping.

Its a great powerful tool – I was able to test it out at World of Concrete.
    Bosch might calls it compact recip saw in comparison to the regular style of recip saws.

But I will definitely add it to my arsenal 😛

It makes the 12V look like a kids toy. 😛
    Be nice when it does actually hit the market.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The grip style looks very handy. I don’t normally use a recip saw but that looks worthwhile to add to the tool chest.

The Bosch 12V pocket saw has the same style grip and it is really nice. Looking forward to getting the 18V version for more power.

I really like the 12v saw, but it’s underpowered…obviously a downfall of the voltage available. While I’m sure this one will be much more powerful, I’m not sure I’d buy this one over a full sized reciprocating saw.

I was going to buy the 12v version soon. Wanted it for trimming drywall and small stuff. It’s not underpowered for that stuff?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It makes the 12V look like a kids toy.
    Be nice when it does actually hit the market.

you are right with that. it does look like a toy.
    and it cuts like a toy compare to the 18V brother 😛
    I did test cuts on a 2×4 and its day and night between those two in cutting speed.

I was going to buy the 12v version soon. Wanted it for trimming drywall and small stuff. It’s not underpowered for that stuff?

pretty sure it will do just fine for it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 2 of the one handed smaller recip saws. One has a power cord on it and one has a 18volt battery. I should sell the corded one, I never use it.
    I do find them useful for smaller jobs.

nice, it does look like a beast of a machine.

A beast huh? That’s a bit of a stretch I think. Isn’t it supposed to be a “compact” saw, meaning less power than the full size reciprocating saw?

LOL, Wrong saw, now that teal one that Kevin owns the beast. I still want to see that in operation.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

no clue what hes talking about in that video but it shows 4x Bosch recip saws in action including the Bosch GSA18V-083B (18V compact recip saw).

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The grip style looks very handy. I don’t normally use a recip saw but that looks worthwhile to add to the tool chest.

The Bosch 12V pocket saw has the same style grip and it is really nice. Looking forward to getting the 18V version for more power.

I really like the 12v saw, but it’s underpowered…obviously a downfall of the voltage available. While I’m sure this one will be much more powerful, I’m not sure I’d buy this one over a full sized reciprocating saw.

It’s perfect for drywall and PVC pipes. In fact, that’s about all I use it for. I mostly reach for it when I need a small tool to do the cutting or don’t want to go the manual route. I really wish it had an orbital function..this would make it cut faster, but I don’t think it is powerful enough to support it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

While I’m sure this one will be much more powerful, I’m not sure I’d buy this one over a full sized reciprocating saw.

For me having this option fits. I have the full size one but really enjoy the small powerful tools as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It’s perfect for drywall and PVC pipes. In fact, that’s about all I use it for. I mostly reach for it when I need a small tool to do the cutting or don’t want to go the manual route. I really wish it had an orbital function..this would make it cut faster, but I don’t think it is powerful enough to support it.

That’s good to hear. Last week we were setting panels and kept needing to cut a few little things here and there of the backer plywood on the wall. We kept grabbing my 18v big sawzall jokingly saying it was the finish sawzall, errr recip saw, but this thing actually is like a finish recip saw.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but this thing actually is like a finish recip saw.

Exactly which is why I want one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

While I’m sure this one will be much more powerful, I’m not sure I’d buy this one over a full sized reciprocating saw.

For me having this option fits. I have the full size one but really enjoy the small powerful tools as well.

Who doesn’t! I’d love a smaller saw that still has power, but it usually doesn’t work that way.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

It’s mostly the convenience of only needing one hand. I already have the 12v and full size 18v so don’t really have a reason to get this, but if I didn’t have the 12v, I’d jump on it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The 18V compact recip saw is on my list but I will also grab the 12V pocket saw in the next few month

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The 18V compact recip saw is on my list but I will also grab the 12V pocket saw in the next few month

I have a 18 volt mini recip saw and see no reason to get the 12volt. With the variable 2 triggers I can do very small work with it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a 18 volt mini recip saw and see no reason to get the 12volt. With the variable 2 triggers I can do very small work with it.

In your case Dirty I agree. Packing in multiples of the same tool just to fill a niche adds to the weight and time to get everything on site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gsa18v came today alone with leds 2 buck each for the gu10 12watt operating watt is between 65v-265v both these for overseas renovation I’m gonna do over the winter

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Gsa18v came today alone with leds 2 buck each for the gu10 12watt operating watt is between 65v-265v both these for overseas renovation I’m gonna do over the winter

awesome – grats on your new tool. good choice for sure!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Awesome congrats. You should write a review on that being one of the first to get one.

This would be handy for really tight areas. Not sure how quickly it would cut through square steel.

Orange County, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

This would be handy for really tight areas. Not sure how quickly it would cut through square steel.

The band saw would be a much better option for square steel.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.711 seconds