dcsimg

Bosch GPL 3 3-Point Self-Leveling Alignment Laser

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  rylim 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Used some of my points for this. Thank you Jim @bethepro for getting it out so quickly. It should come in pretty handy for the parking garage install I’m working on.

Resident Sign Guy

Looking forward to a video on how you use that laser @moze if you are willing.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nice pick up Moze.

Any reason you chose a point laser over a solid line?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Not sure I’ll do a video as there’s really not much to show. We’ll see as I use it more.

Nice pick up Moze.

I have a solid line laser. I needed a point laser for hanging clearance bars, etc. It will be much easier to do my layouts/measurements on the floor and then just shoot the laser to the ceiling so I know where to drill.

Resident Sign Guy

Used some of my points for this. Thank you Jim @bethepro for getting it out so quickly. It should come in pretty handy for the parking garage install I’m working on.

That should speed up your installation for sure .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous

Nice grab, Moze. Should come in very handy.

Jummul
    Pro

Nice catch. Let us know how you like it.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Not sure I’ll do a video as there’s really not much to show. We’ll see as I use it more.

Nice pick up Moze.

I have a solid line laser. I needed a point laser for hanging clearance bars, etc. It will be much easier to do my layouts/measurements on the floor and then just shoot the laser to the ceiling so I know where to drill.

We did a lot of retail a while back that had a lot of track lighting that had to be in very specific locations. we laid everything out on the floor then used a similar laser to r=transfer the lines to the roof deck. It was a huge time saver. We still use the 5-point Robo Toolz model I have quite a bit. That is something I may upgrade from the list.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@moze congrats that looks like a very handy laser.
    Can’t wait to hear what you think about it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That sounds like it will save a lot of time being able to do the layout on the floor and then transfer to the ceiling.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

That sounds like it will save a lot of time being able to do the layout on the floor and then transfer to the ceiling.

Oh wait now I get how you’re using it. Nice!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a super handy little laser plumb bob!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I have two of the 5 beam Bosch lasers, and an employee has the 3 beam. All in all, pretty decent lasers for the price. One of mine has a cracked case but still shoots perfect. We did have one bite the dust a few years ago. Something got way out of whack and it started reading about 1 inch out.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I have two of the 5 beam Bosch lasers, and an employee has the 3 beam. All in all, pretty decent lasers for the price. One of mine has a cracked case but still shoots perfect. We did have one bite the dust a few years ago. Something got way out of whack and it started reading about 1 inch out.

If it was still under warranty then that would have been covered. It pays to fill out your warranty card or just simply register your tools online for faster service in instances where things get out of whack. Here is the registration link in case anyone has Bosch tool that they haven’t yet registered: https://www.boschtools.com/Profile/Pages/ProfileCreate.aspx

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

The one that bit the dust was over 5 years old. I have been really happy with the Bosch lasers. They are also easy on the batteries, unlike my Dewalt which seems to go through a set of batteries a month.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am pretty sure that is the one i have. I also have the original porter cable version. Makes me wonder if all of bosch’s lasers are OEM or just this model

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Looks as if bosch bought up robotools and now brands their lasers under bosch brand
    yup here they are. Decent for the price but a little on the fragile side. Not as well built as my PLS3 “sorry bosch”

Attachments:

Looks as if bosch bought up robotools and now brands their lasers under bosch brand
    yup here they are. Decent for the price but a little on the fragile side. Not as well built as my PLS3 “sorry bosch”

Could use the same build company for both brands .

Always willing to learn .

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like you might be right. Cant say that I would blame Bosch for buying out another company.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Or it just could be that Porter cable is building the level for Bosch. That happens a lot too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.613 seconds