dcsimg

Bosch GLM50 laser distance measure.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

My DLR165 is right on with the #s .

Mine too – had it for a few weeks now and it’s spot on every time, never short only a hair 1/16th long sometimes, but that could be my fault. Better long than short.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have the Leica Disto D5 it really comes in handy for measuring between railing posts. Or between anything for that matter. It can also be used outdoors because it has a 4x viewfinder

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It is slick when I pull out the DLR165 and click between post and there’s the #.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I do like Bosch they carry my company colors, black and royal blue

I have the Leica Disto D5 it really comes in handy for measuring between railing posts. Or between anything for that matter. It can also be used outdoors because it has a 4x viewfinder

I don’t know a ton about Leica but from what I have heard they offer top notch products. Do you have anything else by them / are they well known for anything in particular?

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I just saw that Ridgid came out with a laser that interfaces with their construction app. Basically it sends the dimensions wirelessly to your phone or tablet. Do you think if the Bosch had this feature you would use it?

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I just saw that Ridgid came out with a laser that interfaces with their construction app. Basically it sends the dimensions wirelessly to your phone or tablet. Do you think if the Bosch had this feature you would use it?

It would be nice to have unlimited memory by interfacing with my iPhone. I think I’d use it. Actually I think I vaguely remember getting a Bosch Email about iPhone integration with their LDM…. Here it is the new GLM 100C

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Slick! I want it.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Nice, I must have missed that Bosch announcement. I like the idea and it beats having to try and read my scratch notes.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I don’t know a ton about Leica but from what I have heard they offer top notch products. Do you have anything else by them / are they well known for anything in particular?

From what I have heard the Leica is a better tool for outdoor measuring. Can someone verify this? Is it affected by sunny conditions? Heard that was a downside of the Bosch.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

How large of a target do you need to hit with the laser to be able to use this effectively? Could you for example, measure in between thin door casing (the metal, commercial type)?

Resident Sign Guy

From what I have heard the Leica is a better tool for outdoor measuring. Can someone verify this? Is it affected by sunny conditions? Heard that was a downside of the Bosch.

That wouldn’t surprise me as being accurate. I know a few companies are making green lasers for increased visibility when outside… It is pretty amazing how strong the beam can be seen outside (at least, the green Hilti I saw was, but it was a rotating laser and not a distance measurer)

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Problem I have with outdoor measuring on mine which is the GLM50 is not so much accuracy but being able to see the laser marker to make sure I am in the right place for the measurement. I am still amazed how little movement on the laser can make a giant difference at 20-25 ft.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve never used green lasers on tools, but have a couple of pointers that are green. They are pretty slick and can be seen well.

I can see being off a lot at that distance. So what you are saying is that as long as you see the laser, it’s good?

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

My laser is red not green. I don’t know how that affects visibility. So far as long as I can get the dot on something I want to measure to and can see it, I have gotten measurements that I believe.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

The Leica is the way to go for outside no question. You’re never going to see a tiny dot over that kind of distance no matter the color. With the leica it works like a screen on a digital camera, you just zoom and put the crosshairs on the screen over the point, easy peasy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How large of a target do you need to hit with the laser to be able to use this effectively? Could you for example, measure in between thin door casing (the metal, commercial type)?

Yes I think so, as long as you can hit it with the little red dot.

The Leica is the way to go for outside no question. You’re never going to see a tiny dot over that kind of distance no matter the color. With the leica it works like a screen on a digital camera, you just zoom and put the crosshairs on the screen over the point, easy peasy.

Ohhh, that is pretty slick. Definitely takes the whole tiny dot issue out of the equation. I already glanced once at Leica’s prices and think I am happy finding dots. But that sounds like an impressive little toy indeed.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The Leica is a pricey piece, but it seems to be well worth the cost if you are going to use one of these devices often. I think it goes to what you are going to be doing, and how much of it. I think the Leica is designed for massive construction sites for the measurement of large distances.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Ohhh, that is pretty slick. Definitely takes the whole tiny dot issue out of the equation. I already glanced once at Leica’s prices and think I am happy finding dots. But that sounds like an impressive little toy indeed.

It is pricey for sure, it makes sense if you’re a framer, doing decks or outdoor concrete work. The distance is also quite good on it. I think you need to be using it a lot outside to justify the cost – but if you can it’s a great tool.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.464 seconds