dcsimg

Bosch GLI18V-420 18V Worklight

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 414 total)
  • Author

Has anyone seen the 420 work light for sale as a bare tool?

Search ebay for “gli18v-420” and you will see them for $40-$45 shipped. I tried some auctions to try to snag one for under $40, but bidders usually nudged the prices into the low $40s anyways. If you don’t want to hover over an ebay listing waiting to click to save <$3, just buy one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bosch-GLI18V-420-LED-18-Volt-Cordless-Flashlight-Worklight-With-Case-/331956709993

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Search ebay for “gli18v-420” and you will see them for $40-$45 shipped

Not too bad of a price.
    I noticed this here and thats why they are available to purchase.

“These Worklights Taken From New Kit, Does Not Come In Factory Package, No Battery Or Charger ”

probably one of those 4 tool kits or so.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Search ebay for “gli18v-420” and you will see them for $40-$45 shipped. I tried some auctions to try to snag one for under $40, but bidders usually nudged the prices into the low $40s anyways. If you don’t want to hover over an ebay listing waiting to click to save <$3, just buy one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bosch-GLI18V-420-LED-18-Volt-Cordless-Flashlight-Worklight-With-Case-/331956709993

Thank you for the info. Nice to see you found them as a bare tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol of course ebay would have it, where are they getting them from though?

They are probably breaking down those kits from Lowe’s. Lot’s of the listings actually say this.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yes they said its been taking away from a new kit in the auction.
    I rather wait for the “original” bare tool to hit the market.
    Not sure how the bosch warranty is, if you buy it from eBay.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes they said its been taking away from a new kit in the auction.

A lot of what you find on eBay are broken down kits. Batteries, chargers and tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They are probably breaking down those kits from Lowe’s. Lot’s of the listings actually say this.

ahh I guess thats how they make a little money on the side . Sell all the tools they don’t want to use or do they specifically break down the whole thing and sell it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ahh I guess thats how they make a little money on the side . Sell all the tools they don’t want to use or do they specifically break down the whole thing and sell it.

I think they by kits that were damaged in shipping or have damaged boxes etc. They get a good price on the whole load and then break it down and sell it piecemeal. I have bought batteries and tools off eBay from these kinds of sellers and the stuff was always brand new and worked.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think they by kits that were damaged in shipping or have damaged boxes etc. They get a good price on the whole load and then break it down and sell it piecemeal. I have bought batteries and tools off eBay from these kinds of sellers and the stuff was always brand new and worked.

Thats great, at least I know they are legit tools and not some grey market copy. Thats what I am afraid of when I buy off ebay, that the tools might not be legit bosch.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Thats great, at least I know they are legit tools and not some grey market copy. Thats what I am afraid of when I buy off ebay, that the tools might not be legit bosch.

Everyone says that but I have never seen a knock off. If they arnt made by bosch, like the batteries they say that they arnt bosch.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am rather afraid of that most of the stuff has no warranty 😀
    I would prefer that when I buy something here in the states new – it should have warranty. If I purchase a NAINA item I am ok with that because I know how to get it back if something is wrong with the item

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am rather afraid of that most of the stuff has no warranty 😀
    I would prefer that when I buy something here in the states new – it should have warranty. If I purchase a NAINA item I am ok with that because I know how to get it back if something is wrong with the item

I was under the assumption that since it is bosch related tools, they would generally run true. Ive yet to have a bosch product fail on me yet, knock on wood.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s why I am comfortable buying Bosch off eBay with no warranty, because you almost don’t need the warranty. I wouldn’t buy a Milwaukee without a warranty. Their 5 year warranty is the only reason I will buy their stuff.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The grey market items have no warranty. The US stuff that you buy off eBay does have a warranty and the ads state as such.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Looks like it’s a US only item for now, nothings in Canada.

Hmm, tempted to get it off ebay, extra shipping fee is always a killer though.

Send it to my border mail, I will get you the okay to pick it up, that’s only if you ever take a ride out. If not it’s not really worth it 🙂

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Send it to my border mail, I will get you the okay to pick it up, that’s only if you ever take a ride out. If not it’s not really worth it 🙂

Yeah going to just pick up a package isn’t really worth it, will cost just as much in gas lol.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Well I sucked it up and paid the $20 “Canadian tax” and got one off ebay, should have it in a week or two.

Yeah going to just pick up a package isn’t really worth it, will cost just as much in gas lol.

Oh well, figure I would offer, just in case you decided to take a drive out over the boarder one day, but I totally understand.
    Congrats on getting your light, 20 dollars extra, hay we all spent that amount on silly stuff, at least you put it towards a Bosch light 🙂 Looking forward to seeing what you think of it. And comparing the two light differences between the FL12 and this new one.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.944 seconds