dcsimg

BTP Review: Bosch Glass Tile Diamond Saw Blade DB1069

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Masterbosch 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Bosch continuous rim diamond blade for cutting glass tiles review (DB1069).

The Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade  DB1069 in package.If you want the best glass tile diamond saw blade for cutting glass tiles, look no farther than the Bosch DB1069.  Part of Bosch’s new Rapido line of premium continuous rim diamond baldes, this glass tile blade lives up to its billing.

I had an opportunity to use, test, and review the Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade DB1069 for cutting some glass tile on a recent job. I received the blade rather quickly from the BTP Testers Club along with the Bosch Porcelain tile diamond saw blade model DB1066 in my previous review.

My history with a glass tile diamond saw blade

I have been installing tile for over fifteen years and have been in business for myself for a little over ten years. I have installed glass tile from time to time and personally it not something I like to do. Glass installs usually come with minor cuts of your hand and the use of bandages. In my experience,Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade installed on tile wet saw. depending on what glass tile is used the tile itself breaks, chips on the glass tile’s edge, and chips the backing.  This is important as on some tile the backer is what gives it the appearance of a clear glass color.

I have experience using a glass tile diamond saw blade, but have never been pleased with the result. A snap cutter will sometimes work with glass and sometimes break crooked, again depending on the kind of tile and quality of the glass. The glass tile in the picture is from a job last year and I had a very hard time cutting it without chips, I actually swore I would never touch glass tile again!

Different results for a various non-Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade

You can see the difficulty I had in cutting with a glass tile diamond saw blade on the wet saw.  The first image is a regular “Turbo” rim blade.  The second is a continuous rim high quality blade.  The last image is a blade made specifically for cutting glass tiles. It’s pretty obvious how the color coating on the back chipped.

Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade - example of cut with a different glass tile blade.     Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade - example of cut with a different glass tile blade.     Glass tile diamond saw blade terrible cut with Non-Bosch blade

The Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade DB1069 – minimal chipping

Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade - various glass tiles for cutting with the tile saw blade.Now I didn’t have any glass tile jobs coming up neither did I have any leftover tile from previous jobs. So I asked my local DalTile and they gave me a few samples of back coated glass to try out with the Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade DB1069.  You can get a good look of the backside of this color coated glass and mesh backing.

On the first cut I made with the Bosch glass tile diamond saw blade model DB1069 it came out muchBosch glass tile diamond saw blade DB1069 - detail of edge cut. smoother than the factory cut! The factory cut has the color backing chipped and the cut I made didn’t chip at all! The next piece did chip a little but sometimes is unavoidable with glass tile. Overall I think that this continuous rim diamond blade for cutting glass tile is definitely going to give you at least what other glass blades can achieve, if not better!

–Todd Mason owner of Mason Tile and Marble

More pictures…

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Is that cutting wet or dry?
    Looks pretty good to me. I bought a hand cutter for glass tile a while back and was very happy with it. Only problem I had was that I had to cut each small tile off the sheet in order to cut it.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@masontile welcome to BTP, nice review of the blade,
    I cut plenty of glass at work, and with a tile saw, actually one we made,
    You are definitely right about getting cuts
    We use it with water, wet cuts all the time
    From my experience, the saw has to be extremely well balanced and no vibration what so ever.
    Especially for the glass parts we cut,

Great review by the way

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Aside from the Bosch blade reviewed here, what other brand blades are decent? I would imagine MKs are good?

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

All wet cut, dry cutting glass will heat the glass, expand and explode. I did try to upload a picture of a snap cut but its to big of file. One trick is to use a scrap piece of carpet under the tile on the saw to absorb any vibrations. I’ve used MK, Pearl P4 is an great blade, T3 razor is good, I just tried a SG (solid Gold) blade that did great too. I also got to test the Bosch DB1066, and was really surprised how well it did on porcelain.

I need to get this blade myself. I do deal with tile and they are mostly glass tile. Since new trend is glass. I try to cut glass with Wetsaw but I was never happy myself with the results. Sometimes it’s better of cutting with tile cutter but again some tiles don’t even budge. What I realize on glass tile is worn blades cuts the glass less chip free. That’s what Bosch is using on this blade finer diamond stones. My current blade is db1066 new one and have a one worn db1066 maybe has 1/4 arbor left but cuts glass better.

Thanks Todd for this detailed review.
    great that you included pictures from some other blades and their cutting quality.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I really liked this video I first saw some years ago on cutting glass. The fellow in the video is really targetting those dealing with cutting any glass with various glass designed wet tile saw blades but he offers a real good primer on the subject imo.

Kevin.

Wow that’s a really well write review on that blade . It’s hard to find a good glass blade that won’t chip the tile on impact from the force of cutting wheel .

Always willing to learn .

Here is my cut with the db1069 it cuts really clean and these are cheap glass tiles which chips a lot

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Here is my cut with the db1069 it cuts really clean and these are cheap glass tiles which chips a lot

That’s very good Ibrahim, considering like you said they are cheaper glass tile and chips easily.
    Good stuff Ibrahim

the cut does not look to shabby at all on those cheapo glass tiles

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice cuts. Wonder if the blade cuts metal as well?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Looks good. What size is that DB1069?

Kevin.

@doobie it’s 10 inch blade

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.596 seconds