dcsimg

Bosch GBH18V-26K SDS Rotary Hammer

This topic contains 63 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  bbernardesjr87 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Congrats @moze I wanna get the gbh18v-26 looks so much better then rhh181 good thing I didn’t get the rhh

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@masterbosch the RHH181 is a pretty awesome tool. I have zero complaints other than the lack of on board dust collection. It’s lightweight and works extremely well and will drill a crazy number of holes on one charge. My only reason for switching is dust collection.

Resident Sign Guy

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Rhh181 has a impact energy of 1.25lbs gbh18v-26 has a impact energy of 1.9 lbs so it’s more powerfully also dust collection is a another reason also but looks better too

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Anonymous

It may have been an adjustment issue, not sure @dabbs. But you can clearly see in the video that the ‘shoe’ or whatever you want to call it isn’t flush against the concrete. You can even see the drill bit past the end of the shoe which just gives the debris an easier escape path than being vacuumed up.

Again, not knocking it. I’m sure it works perfectly fine.

Yeah I saw the debris too, and after reading the manual I watched the video closer and the bit IS sticking out a little. So I’ll bet it’s a simple minor adjustment, I’m still so amazed at the onboard DC like that. So cool………

Thanks for the comparison and pics too, I always liked the size/design of the 181 but with your comparison I’m liking the GBH18-26 even better

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch came out with a new kit for the GBH18V-26
    tool + 2x core batteries + fast charger BC1880
    ->>>>> https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gbh18v-26k24-178178-p/

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I wonder how much that kit will cost vs the kit that is out now with the old 6.0 batteries

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I wonder how much that kit will cost vs the kit that is out now with the old 6.0 batteries

My guess, the new kit with the core batteries will be between 600 to 700 USD.
    the bare tool cost 349 USD

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Moze, We have a couple of hundred of the DEWALT at my company and you are using the depth rod wrong with the Dust Extractor. Their is a bar at the right of the dust extractor that allows you to adjust depth. It holds up really well, as my guys have to serial drill 3/8″ and 1/2″ all the time with 4″x 6″ bits.

We saw the Bosch dust extractor at WOC 2017. It throws the balance of the tool off and the whole set up weighs way more than the DEWALT. we drill overhead a lot and this is huge for us.

The new Bosch also vibrates way too much for me. We were drilling with it for 5 minutes and though it drills ok, the vibration was completely unacceptable. I am not sold it is faster than the dewalt.

DEWALT had a prototype there that has a OSHA compliant Dust Box on it with filter cleaning. They told me all i have to do is buy the new box. That was pretty cool that we don’t have to buy new extractors.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Bosch came out with a new kit for the GBH18V-26
    tool + 2x core batteries + fast charger BC1880
    ->>>>> https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gbh18v-26k24-178178-p/

That’s a nice kit, price tag in Canada seems steep but could have to do with the two core batteries.

Comes with a free hoodie right now though lol

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@bethepro just curious if you’ve heard anything further on a release date for the extractor?

Resident Sign Guy

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Can you be a little more specific?

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Anonymous

I’ll bet he’s talking about the onboard dust collection Jim

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@bethepro

Sorry – I was asking if you might know when the onboard dust extractor for the GBH18V-26K would be available.

Resident Sign Guy

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

It should be available mid-year is what we are being told. We tested it out at WOC (Dabbs and I) and it is pretty sweet. Uses the battery power to suck in the dust all in one unit. Perfect for when you are drilling overhead and want to avoid all the debris falling in your face.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@bethepro Thanks for the reply. I have another large parking garage install (actually two) coming up and was really hoping to have one sooner than later.

If only I knew a guy that knew a guy…

Resident Sign Guy

Anonymous

BTW, Speaking of the WOC and this Rotary Hammer looky looky what the big brown truck brought me yesterday? WOOHOO!!

Thanks Jim

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Nice @dabbs!

I’m loving it so far.

Resident Sign Guy

Anonymous

I was so curious as to how the on-board DC got it’s power, I took a closer look yesterday and found the terminals on the left side in what appears to be cooling vents. Very clever, I too want the DC attachment

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

is that new extractor a specific attachment for the cordless bulldog or can it attach to other bulldog models @bethepro i have the new 8.0 amp model and just curious if its comaptible

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

is that new extractor a specific attachment for the cordless bulldog or can it attach to other bulldog models. i have the new 8.0 amp model and just curious if its comaptible

this one is only designed for the GBH18V-26

it works flawless and only adds a little bit of weight to the unit.

I heard the MSRP will be 100 USD. not too expensive IMO

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.591 seconds